Ryzen 2600

Ryzen 2600
Mobo AX370m DS3h
This is my second ryzen PC, this fucker idles at 45-50c and reach temps of 85c in Cinebench R20.
Is this normal for Ryzen? Because my i5 6500 idles at 30c with a shitty stock cooler. I've ordered a 3700x build to replace my aging i5 and I am starting to get anxious about it suffering from the same behavior.

Attached: hpam-147_hpam_147_01_800x800.jpg (800x800, 93K)

no not normal, my 3800x idles in the low 30s

I have a 3700x using its stock cooler. I idle around 40c and up to 65c during intense games. It's fine.

I have an i9 cpu and it idles at 26c but my ryzen 2500 idles at 77.5c with a liquid cooler is this normal!?!?!?!?!?

I Have 2 ryzen in the house(a 2600 and 2600x) Both idle really high and reach high temps. I've tried everything. I Stuffed the damn case with fans as Jow Forums suggest long time ago but nothing helps. I've tried reapplying the thermal paste, but still suffer from the same issue. Are Ryzen CPU a furnace in disguise? Should I cancel my order and go with an 9700k setup?

No there is something wrong with your setup. Maybe your motherboard is supplying more voltage than whats indicated. Update your bios.

I've updated it to the latest 42a version. Checked using Ryzen Master and HWINFO64 both reported the same numbers. I am out of ideas. Oh also the ambient temp was somewhat low since the AC was turn on in a small room

dud

dilate

>I have an i9 cpu and it idles at 26c but my ryzen 2500 idles at 77.5c
sure dear we belive you

>Ryzen 2600
>Mobo AX370m DS3h
>This is my second ryzen PC, this fucker idles at 45-50c
>no not normal, my 3800x idles in the low 30s

wasnt there some thing about how 2XXX report acualy higher temps then they are in reality, but they fixed that in 3XXX and they report real temp?

This issue has long been fixed and many programs report the right temperatures now, even checking the temps in bios return temps in the high 40s

Muh ryzen 2600x idles at 42c and reaches 60c in games.

1. Speccy reports wrong temperatures. If you use speccy just uninstall it. It doesn't work well with AMD

2. Maybe your thermal paste fails?

2600x with stock fan

My room temperature is 26c

shit idles at 37c

Attached: Clipboard025456.jpg (1161x800, 224K)

Thermal paste has been changed 3 times because I thought I sucked at applying paste but after letting a professional shop reapply it I was pretty sure the issue is not with the paste
Damn, what's the temps in Cinebench r20 ?

You probably fucked up your thermal paste application or cooler installation

Check

My 3700x idles at 37c as well. Hit 80c during cinebench.

Attached: luvryzen.jpg (3024x4032, 2.15M)

Nigger it's the same level of bait.

Make sure you installed the latest chipset drivers and then set your power profile to windows balanced for 2nd gen ryzens (3rd gen needs the ryzen optimised power plan instead). You can check to see if your cores are downclocking properly in ryzen master.
It also should be noted that while the stock wraith stealth cooler is good enough for general use it is still a bit on the weak side compared to the stock spire and prism coolers that come with the higher end chips as well as most other after market coolers.

mine idles at 40 c even though i'm using a nigger rock 4

Attached: ImageServer[1].jpg (535x535, 56K)

hey good to know, sounds like my 4790k.
Are you using stock cooler?

Ryzen runs at 1.45v at stock, so expect high temps

my 3700x idling at 41c. x570, pbo disabled, stock cooler/paste. with pbo on, temp and fan goes up and down constantly and its annoying as hell.

3 easy steps to prevent you're PC components from running hot as fuck

1. get a fucking decent cooler cpu avoid water meme if you can
2. Fill all the fucking case fan spots on your case
3 Absolutely avoid A case with a glass or covered front panel mesh one or open front panel is a must

Complete 2 of these steps preferable the number 3 and you'll never going to have temps problems.

Hyper evo... I wonder if I messed up the thermal paste.

>AMDjeets think low 30s is a good temperature

>Not idling at 101c
Are they even trying?

Attached: Speccy4.png (740x424, 31K)

user you fucked something up.
My 3700x idles are in pic related, with a silent fan curve on the stock Heatsink. (not stock paste)
Your thermals a shit, your airflow shit, or your brain is a shit.
Under true idle I can get it to volt down to .2v So something is clearly wrong.

Attached: high idle.jpg (977x715, 128K)

Do you use a manual setting?
I get horrible temps unless I undervolt it while playing monster hunter world on max.

I see overall better performance as well

My 3600 hit 92 in Prime95. Slightly concerned, probably gonna put the fatter cooler from my 1600x on with some proper thermal paste.

If you look on the AMD subreddit you'll find tons of stuff about idling at high voltage/high temps. Apparently these fuckers have a hair trigger and will boost when there's ANYTHING asking them to do something; steam open in the background? TIME FOR MAX BOOST CLOCK

AMD claims that their new AGESA + new chipset drivers will fix it but I have no idea since my board hasn't gotten a BIOS update since the new AGESA was released. Only thing that has worked for me at all is switching to Windows Power Saver power plan; idles at ~1v instead of 1.4. Supposed to be able to downclock and run as low as .2v when idling but I'm honestly thinking AMD is full of shit at this point.

r5 3600, b450 tomahawk

I'm envious that your tomahawk posts to begin with

The hottest my 8400 has ever gotten with the stock cooler was 40c

you need to say the ambient temp you fucking degenerate tech illiterate faggot

My fucking 6 year old bulldozer ass AMD cpu idles at 20-26 with the stock one

No it doesn't.

Yes it is normal for Zen 2, the problem is heat density at 7nm (we're even more fucked once we go lower) and retarded high stock voltages don't help.

What's needed is for AMD to look for other materials than copper for the heatspreader, something with significantly higher thermal conductivity.

Change curve, retard.

Level up your LARPing skill, Inturd.

Are you stupid user?

Sounds a lot like my 4770K with the Hyper 212 EVO and Arctic MX-4. The last reading i took before i disassembled my system was that it idled at around 30C to the low 40s. At full load when compiling a map at the vrad stage the last time i checked it never went past 70C.

>m-my 3600 idles at 25c I swear!

Attached: you.png (775x835, 479K)

It's 1.5V
It's normal

My 2700X idles at 32 C using the Noctua D15

Are you?

>$100 cooler
>still a housefire

really would like to see one intelaviv explain how 10c more while idling is any harm while 200W+ tdp 100degree cpus are needed to match the performance while under load

Calm down son you got punked. It happens. All of us got punked at some point into buying an AMD

Oh look another false flag post, wonder who is behind this

i dont have amd yet, im waiting™ for next years units

Attached: 1533977391463.png (1196x676, 1.05M)

That's normal for Intel though.

Why do people claim that 30-40C Idle Temperatures aren't normal?

What, with the stock cooler?

Here is mine. It might not be a 2600 but it's close.

Attached: Capture.png (1280x576, 251K)

Look at this shit. AMDjeets have been mindfucked so badly by their cult subreddit that they think 40c idle is normal.

I never even visited their subreddit before. I'm speaking this as an i7-4770K user for 5 years now. I replaced the stock cooler after 4 years and installed the new thermal solutions mentioned above more than a month ago.

Everyone upset that the average for the 2600x is 40c even if you use an aftermarket coolershould be aware that this is the result of setting that as your idle temperature. I personally like my legwarmer.

Higher idle temps and voltage are 'expected behaviours' for Ryzen. Hell you even get temp spikes from just moving your mouse.
At least you'll have a secondary heater for the winter.

>temperature doesn't matter!

my 2600 idles at 35 and reaches 70 when gaming.

mine too, small ffts. going to put an aio on it

add unusually high temps and voltages to the list of zen2 fuckups. has AMD ever had a good launch? seriously. last I can remember is phenom 2.

I have everything stock for the CPU except my fan curve.

Phenom 2 ran preposterously hot.

set only one fan speed

I got 2 itx ryzen rigs. 1 is gen1 the other gen2. My 1400 @3.6 idles at around 45c but thats with a stock cooler, fat RX 580 and shit cable management all inside a silverstone SG13. My 2600 idles almost the same but thats with a 4.1 oc, a cryorig C7cu, ref vega 56 all inside a phanteks itx case with 5 fans inside. Been running for almost 2 yrs and i see no problems so far. I think around 35~50c idle is the norm for most ryzen cpus.

OP Here, I seriously considering canceling the order I made and switching to Intel 9700k. At-least it won't be a fire hazard.

1.45 is the boost voltage it goes to for a very short time, stock is 1.35
no... no it does not, slap 20c on that reading
>summer
>28c ambient
>4° delta over ambient = housefire
look at pic related

Attached: 567645468465158.png (1913x1077, 173K)

>4° delta over ambient = housefire

It should sit at room temperature.

Come on son. There's literally a fucking sticky on Jow ForumsAMD telling people to stop complaining about their idle temperatures. What do you think you're accomplishing by posting your gay little picture?

>It should sit at room temperature.
brainlet

OP the 9700k is as much of a fire hazard if not worse than AMD right now especially under load compared to idle. but if you really feel uneasy about this i suggest going all the way to 9900k instead of 9700k so at least you don't get gimped that much once more programs start becoming thread heavy.

It should though.

Look at this AMDjeet, he's never used a good CPU in his life and he thinks all CPUs are as shitty as his.

>my thermal paste, IHS and coldplate should be able to bend the laws of physics to have perfect efficiency or they're housefires

>his CPU is such a housefire that his massive beefy cooler can't even dissipate the amount of heat it puts out at idle

I'm sorry bro. You spent 100 dollars on a fucking heatsink and you get worse temps than me and my stock intel cooler that they bought at the dollar store. Expect blue screens of death within 6 months but that shouldn't bother you considering how that's more or less the average AMD upgrade cycle.

Why did you drop out on high school physics?

>100$ heatsink
wut
>worse temps than me and my intel stock cooler
wew

Why did you buy a literal fire hazard?

I don't think Haswell was a fire hazard the last time i checked

Don't worry bro. Zen 3 or whatever is coming in like 10 months. When you upgrade to that maybe they'll have fixed the temperatures.

A good CPU should idle at 25c. If it doesn't, that means you fucked up somewhere (in your case, you fucked up by buying AMD)

I have only ever used Intel Processors
>Celeron M
>Atom 330
>i5-2410M
>Intel Celeron N2940
>i7-4770K

Then why the fuck are you defending AMD's housefire trash that can't even idle at normal temps

Yes I have a i9 (good cpu) idle at around -274 C, meanwhile I buyed ryzen (whiteman cpu, bad) it melted my case (probably around 200 degrees C)

Ambient temp is ~31ºC for reference, max was under load (gaming). If I turned AC on, temps would probably be better. Cooler is CM 212.

>Ryzen 5 2600
>7nm
Yes, you are definitely stupid.

Attached: temps.png (442x800, 58K)

>40C idle on an aftermarket cooler
Absolute housefire

>ambient 30º
>low fan setting
>it is a fucking 212, not a Noctua D15
Ok user. Let me check what my 7600 does.

Because they are literally at the same temperatures as every Intel Processor I've used?

You realize it's summer in Europe right now, right?

My 2600X idles at +5C above room temp, with PBO on.

Now you didn't specify the cooler. Stock? Normal. Big-ass air cooler or water? Not normal.

That user was talking about Zen2 aka Ryzen 3xxx series. Not Ryzen 2xxx series. That is Zen+.

You got punked bro. Look, it's not your fault. AMD literally paid hundreds of Youtube "reviewers" to shill their product. There was no way for you to know. There are lessons to be learned here, as long as you come out of this a better man, then you're the winner.

>2ºC lower! AMD BTFO
And that's why I called him stupid.

Attached: temps2.png (649x805, 90K)

It's literally the same temperature that Haswell gets though.

Wow you took a screenshot after running Cinebench. Intel btfo.

Go drink your milk.

Feels good man.

Attached: temps_after_cinbench.jpg (640x872, 166K)