What was the point of this card again?

what was the point of this card again?

Attached: radeonVII.jpg (300x168, 11K)

filling market segment hole

7nm showoff

getting rid of poorly binned Mi50 chips.

what hole 2080 ti, 2080 killed this shit

2080 isnt an amd product retard

A way to market otherwise unsellable Instinct cards to gamers.

ding ding

ofc cus both outperformed this shit

>buying AMD after the 4000 series

Attached: looool.jpg (442x550, 32K)

7970 was pretty based

my 5770 worked great on my machine when I had it

clearing out HBM2.

7000 series aged better than 700 series.
400 series aged better than 1000 series.

yep *sips* they don't make cards like that anymore

Attached: xfx_ati_radeon_hd_5770_1gb_graphic_card_1537701707_f8330e1a.jpg (3780x2268, 912K)

Making a bit of extra cash by dumping extra/failed pro silicon into consumer market and giving the fanboys something to circlejerk over.

flexing

Attached: 2019-07-10 02_04_00-Speccy.png (745x621, 40K)

they had a ces keynote and needed to show something, navi had a problem that forced a respin, so to have something for their first sex keynote, they had the backup of vega II, more or less the card was put out to die.

Workstation shit and niche binning

Glad I didn't wait for it and got a 2080ti out of the gate

this is the real reason.

well you had the 4000 which was great, the 5000 which was better the 6000 which brought cost of performance down, the 7000 which was better and the 200 that had a small window of being better for price, and then after was better then its price competition, the 300 which saw higher ram amounts, the 400 which was better then the competitions mid range, 500 which was much the same, and now you have the 5700 which is better then its competition,

keep in mind, that not everyone buys hardware the moment it comes out, and you may not be in the market for a gpu the second the 2000 series came out, but a few months down the line with the 5700 was out you were in the market.

not with that ram

What? Literally everything from 4000 to 7000 series was the GOAT.

People who don't want to spend

>pairing a Ryzen with slow RAM
That's a pretty weak flex.

ATI/AMD almost always test an existing GPU on new fab processes. Nvidia usually don't but they can afford the risk more. They had a few problems at times doing that, I forget which GPUs struggled due to unexpected performance on new fab processes. gtx 480 maybe?

it was a silly stopgap.
but who gives a fuck.
I'm going THICC in a few weeks, and none of you fags can stop me.

Attached: XFX-Radeon-RX-5700-XT-THICC2-2.jpg (1200x900, 100K)

leftover enterprise chips that didn't pass verification, it's EOL already

the last cooler from them was mediocre at best, it looks great let's hope it performs as well

1. Show investors that they're first to 7nm

2. Offer a stopgap "high end" GPU to compete with the 2xxx series in shader performance

3. Use as a pipe cleaner for the new 7nm node, figure out where its good and where it fails. Use that knowledge to improve designs of RDNA 0.5 (Navi 14, Navi 10, and upcoming Navi 12).

It's a pretty solid strategic play that has worked out for them. The 5700/XT performance is pretty damn good for a 251mm^2 die. Stock clocks it is equivalent to better than a 2060S, and undervolted + OCed, its equivalent to 2070S at worst and nipping at the heels of a 2080 at best.

RDNA2 or really RDNA 1.0 will release next year on 7nm EUV alongside consoles with their actual HW accelerated RT engine. On top of that if the 5700XT OCed can nearly reach the 2080 stock, then Navi 12 with 80 CUs should basically be able to comfortable compete with a 2080Ti and even nip at the heels of a Titan Xt when OCed.

Factor in this baseline performance + RT next year, and they have a very competitive GPU line up. On top of that, with consoles getting this RDNA architecture + RT natively, coupled with Azure going all in on EPYC + RDNA2 and Sony doing similarly for their cloud, and Google also doing the same thing in the future for Stadia. Nvidia is going to be shitting bricks like nobody's business.

Sure, they hold the performance crown, but it means jackshit when AMD uArch dictates game design in consoles and in the cloud.

>The 5700/XT performance is pretty damn good for a 251mm^2 die. Stock clocks it is equivalent to better than a 2060S, and undervolted + OCed, its equivalent to 2070S
why do you keep perpetuating this lie? it's 6% off 2070 Super as is at 1440p.
2060S got nothing on 5700XT, 5700 is what equals 2060S $50 cheaper. Fuck people, can't you rad more than one graph? compare results among other outlets and find true average yourself.

You nerds do realize that speccy often mis-reports data, right?

Early am4 boards don't place nice with 32gb of high speed ram. So it's entirely possible he has to run that slow. I know I can't hit 3200mhz with mine. Stick to the QVL kids.

If you couldn't tell from the post he's an AMD Shill. The same guys talk on Jow Forums about how the vega 64 with some insane OC can beat the 2080 ti and shit on here.

It's people pumping AMD stock.

i'm still using pic related ;_;

Attached: MSI_RadeonHD7970_Boost_1.jpg (640x408, 92K)

you can't read either

>literally $100 USD after a certain point
Absolutely based budget gaymen.

7nm "Pipe Cleaning" production

this

Attached: desktop.png (902x343, 342K)

>undervolted + OC
>just wait for next year
kek, like clockwork

Absolutely based.

>Early am4 boards don't place nice with 32gb of high speed ram
I'm running 4x8GB at 3733/CL14 and tuned subtimings with a 3700X on the Crosshair VI Hero that I bought on first-gen Ryzen launch day in 2017. And that retard Buildzoid said that it would be shit for fast memory due to its T-topology trace layout.

Attached: sorry.gif (978x478, 427K)

>4x8GB 3733
Damn bruh you know you might need that second kidney one day yeah?

Get a job.

Why didn't you do that instead of selling your kidney?

Same as Mantle.
To pave way.