What's Jow Forums's word processor of choice...

What's Jow Forums's word processor of choice? I specifically mean a word processor for written documents; not a text editor, but if you use one as your word processor that's cool.

Attached: WordPerfect box.png (300x358, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1397
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

libreoffice

I don't know what you'd use other than libreoffice...
Openoffice is just a worse version of libreoffice
Google docs are botnet and """cloud"""
M$ aren't available on any OS you should be using and are expensive botnet

notepad

pages

TextEdit, BBEdit if I need something more.

This. if you need something more complex you actually need a typesetter.

Are you a bad enough dude to use WordPerfect on *nix?

Attached: WordPerfect-5.1-on-UnixWare-7.1.1.jpg (800x602, 67K)

latex

Emacs

Vim

Man I remember that WordPerfect shit, it came with our family pc when I was a kid. Even when I was a middle schooler trying to type a paper I knew that thing was fucking horrible

OP, you must be a lawyer. Only they use WordPerfect shit.

This desu ne. I only ever use Office 365 for Access.

I don't really use a word processor. I usually use semantic markup with Vim, like pic related. My co-workers use a "WYSIWYM" (What-You-See-Is-What-You-Mean) editor for the same schema (bottom of pic) but I don't find it anywhere near as efficient as Vim + some plugins for XML editing and schema-aware autocomplete.

Attached: snapshot17.png (1916x2142, 355K)

That looks cool and all, but does it take as much autism to make as it seems?

not him but I use a similar setup and it's not very autistic, started by googling as I went then memorized the common stuff
it's like tex so it's pretty based, definitely much faster and more professional than clicking around gui options in word

The Vim part? Maybe. But plenty of normal people at work have adapted to the WYSIWYM editor. I just find that a little too much time is spent trying to find information in the WYSIWYM mode that is readily visible when you can see the markup directly.

Markdown
LaTeX for really advanced stuff

I guess what I’m asking, and forgive me if this is a stupid question but I’m not familiar it all with Tex or WYSIWYM, but do you actually have to type out all those tags and stuff?

Not really. Vim has many options for autocomplete, including built-in support for schema-aware XML autocomplete (pic related). I also use this small plugin for Vim that provides some handy shortcuts for XML editing:
vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1397

Attached: screenshot.png (561x360, 25K)

>incompatible with office
into le trash it goes

It's actually the other way around.

You should generally never use closed formats, such as .docx or .xlsx.

Liar

vim -> LaTeX

FocusWriter.

>le
you know what to do

vim has no english grammar checks tho. I could see adapting an existing linter plugin like syntastic, but as far as I know, noone has done it yet.

org-mode

you can use MS Office in the browser on linux, same as gdocs really

Word and Powerpoint. Bc I work for a living and need to collaborate with others.
Latex for thesis tier math documents.

You're using the correct tool for your job.
Latex and like are actually much easier once you learn them. If you're creating documentation as a job you should learn them.

I use LibreOffice Write on Linux. When I'm foe whetever reason working on Windows I use Word 2003 for .docx and Word 6 (32 bit version) for .doc
I wanto learn LaTeX or groff tho. My problem with groff is mostly that it doesn't play nice with non-ascii characters, so I can't even write my name with it because of the č. And LaTaX just seems so complicated and the install size is huge.

I learned latex to write my master thesis bc the wysiwyg editors 20 yrs ago would randomly crash. Beautiful work but I've never used it since... unless you're a technical writer there's no need for it now.

The one that comes with my OS.