Tfw just found out some German shipping company still uses DOS-based software

>tfw just found out some German shipping company still uses DOS-based software

What is the oldest legacy software you still use?

Attached: dos wallpaper.jpg (2000x1125, 81K)

Angry Birds

My work has industrial gear controlled by a VIC-20. We have a pile of them in storage in case the one we're using breaks. it's been on an operational for at least a decade.

vb6, god help me.

you bank probably runs on cobol

Online sales lister for shop good will, the website states it's built to run on Netscape Navigator 2 and Internet Explorer 3

That means its either swiss cheese or airtight with security. Maybe the webmaster is flexing.

I have a router on kernel 2.x

Local hospital still runs airgapped w95 PC because the software doesn't werk with anything newer

what kind of software are they using with windows 95? even classic VB still works on windows 10.

Some spirometry bullshit for asthmatics that also needs a machine connected into it that probably uses a COM port or some shit.
They also used a DOS based calatoguing software until a few years ago.

Dna

AS400 is still used in huge corporations. Each with their own 60 year old "mainframe" guy and when he retires or dies they're fucked.

Work in the lab at a hospital. Our semen analyzer runs on airgapped w95, our cataloguing system for all lab orders runs on DOS

today I found out about the freedos project, and that it is based on GNU. Furthermore, you can have new HP laptops shipped with freedos instead of windows and save about $200.

neat.

Attached: trippypeppe.gif (600x600, 1.96M)

Yeah, my town's hospital updated their cataloguing system and most of their PCs run w10, but the hospital I got a surgery at the next city over still uses a DOS cataloguing software too.

I have a Win 98SE machine with a PIII 550mhz, 1 GB of SD RAM

I use it for old games and fucking around.

I work at a huge corporation and can confirm
>Each with their own 60 year old "mainframe" guy and when he retires or dies they're fucked.
This is even true for us with some of our C++ apps

They're probably using FreeDOS (which is regularly updated).
That said, I've encountered DOS software in a previous position. It's absurd how much tech debt some companies have.

>What is the oldest legacy software you still use?
DOS-based control software for old CNC machines. Also the software to run a programmer for an MCU used in some of said machines that never got any modern replacement.

Is it a Siemens semen analyzer?

My company uses an ERP system written in cobol from the 60s or 70s that they bought the rights to. Still runs on a mainframe to this day.

>even classic VB still works on windows 10.
Windows 10 breaks the shit out of VB, when I was on the helldesk for the information system at work we would constantly have trouble with the little bits of VB shit still integrated into the clients for document/voucher generation and other random shit.

I worked at a german shipping company that still used DOS-based software like 6 years ago. After 3 years of modernizing their shit and improving their output tenfold they wouldn't let me do the final upgrade and they're probably still using it.

Kek

Struts 1
Awful legacy application
We're working on it's replacement on the side because we don't have enough actual work to do

We still support software that uses Microsoft FoxPro

>airtight with security
no

We write our invoices with an old 16 color dos program that doesnt even seem to have a proper name. it runs in a vm with a print to pdf plugin that is then rerouted to the printer. it seems to only know the colors blue, white, grey and yellow.
it has no automatic line or page breaks. It doesnt now what a € is, we need to type EUR. When I need look into the archive I absolutely have to know either the name or the reference number of a customer since there is no searching the archive at all. It seems like it used to be some odd kind of shareware where in every one-hundreth invoice it also prints the copyright information of some hungarian programmer onto the page, i just make another copy then and its all good to go.
It is damn snappy though.

Unix version 7 by Bell Labs