How would you fix linux?

How would you fix linux?

Attached: https___blogs-images.forbes.com_jasonevangelho_files_2019_05_Screenshot-from-2019-05-13-10-04-31-120 (960x540, 391K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8OMTucIt-uo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've got three words for you:
STABLE
DRIVER
INTERFACE

YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Did you break you're kernel?

Install Gentoo

Rewrite the scheduler, again

Will never happen. Pin yourself to an old kernel or stop using shitty binary blobs

kill everybody involved in making xorg before they learned how to code

Patch my Gentoo with everything I need

With Intel® Clear Linux* of course!

FTC Optimization Notice: Optimization Notice: Intel's compilers may or may not optimize to the same degree for non-Intel microprocessors for optimizations that are not unique to Intel microprocessors. These optimizations include SSE2, SSE3, and SSSE3 instruction sets and other optimizations. Intel does not guarantee the availability, functionality, or effectiveness of any optimization on microprocessors not manufactured by Intel. Microprocessor-dependent optimizations in this product are intended for use with Intel microprocessors. Certain optimizations not specific to Intel microarchitecture are reserved for Intel microprocessors. Please refer to the applicable product User and Reference Guides for more information regarding the specific instruction sets covered by this notice. Notice Revision #20110804

Intel technologies’ features and benefits depend on system configuration and may require enabled hardware, software or service activation. Learn more at intel.com, or from the OEM or retailer. No product or component can be absolutely secure.

I'd ban clear linux
youtube.com/watch?v=8OMTucIt-uo

Start again from scratch without a trace of C or Unix.

better multihead support
better crt support
custom resolutions for nvidia drivers
fix screen tearing

Improve drivers
Port windows exclusive software
Not this

Implement wine on a level where you can run windows executables and games without wine's interface showing up. Just make it work like windows, done. I don't want to see how shit works, I want it to run. Done. Easy. Fuck you all. That's all Linux needs.

so proton

>windows executables and games
harmful nonfree software

Basically just make it Windows, see

>improve Wayland
>ban GTK

Make static linking work without requiring you to install ancient versions of glibc.

remove systemd and gnu components from every distro, this garbage made me use windows and openbsd

>windows
>openbsd
absolutely nonfree

fuck linux use haiku

file picker with preview

make it so when you plug in an external monitor, it automatically detects it and scales the resolution properly. And I don't mean some graphical frontend to xrandr that's exclusive to the DE, I mean implemented into the OS itself

>the OS itself
what OS?

suck my knob, stallman

printing that just works without fail

Tell MS brainlets to stop trolling it.

How is it the devil? It is the fastest disrtibution available and a great example of how specific optimizations can improve performance. There should be more distributions that focus on performance and modern processors rather than one size fits all x86_64 packages.

ban gnome and kill its developers and contributors

1. unix system file layout needs to either be hidden like OSX/android or cleaned up like in gobo linux, it's not suitable for consumer products.
2.Users need a practical way to install programs besides the package manager and programs need to be able to keep their own libraries, dependency hell is not acceptable.
3. Proper audio and video stack, scrap all legacy support for old hardware.

Opensuse TW + KDE without Discover + APT + good video drivers for games + a MS office skin for Libreoffice.

Attached: 1522034302534.jpg (1920x1080, 109K)

I agree with the video before I've already watched it
t. AMDfan14

Combine Thunar and Catfish, or at the very least, give Catfish the option to move files. Basically, make Thunar's search capabilities like Windows.

Rearchitecture it to be an anykernel.

Red Hat writes and sells a lot of free software right? What if they made their own game studio and did the same?

I have three words for you:
FREE
GAMERGIRL
JUICE

UNIX and C are failed attempts at multics. And Linux is descended from these failures.
There's no fixing it.

Yes and instead of C use html and that bubblegum in your skull

Yet multics is dead, the industry standard is C, and everyone but gaymers like POSIX

but if we don't charge for it, the commies win!

When I open the control panel in linux I want to run against the wall screaming. The best thing the developers could to is make the user experience as normie (not dumb normie) friendly as possible while preserving the extraordinary functionality. Most people cannot spend hours and/or days configuring a system and in the end have it fail them for some silly reason.

I would make it a clone 100% of windows.

I forget there are still kids out there using Linux even after shit like Mac completely overlapped it.

This

nvidea

the same way you fix cancer

Attached: 1544672094422.jpg (4000x5000, 3.76M)

Get rid of the dumb "package" philosophy.
Apps are apps. Libraries are libraries. They must be treated different.
The OS is the OS. Everything else is everything else. Changing one should have no effect on the other.
Repositories are dumb. Install apps directly from maker. Installing one app has no effect on all other apps (i.e. you can have 100 different versions of the same library at the same time). So dependencies solved like in Windows.
Full support (i.e. make it easy) for all hardware and for all proprietary software. The user can do whatever he wants.
All "upgrades" are actual upgrades. No more "you upgraded to a new version that no longer supports your videocard" and so on. Upgrades are only made to bring new features, not to break anything that worked.
Work with hardware manufacturers. Your product is an OS, a interface between hardware and user apps. You have to make it that way, they don't have to make hardware to mach your ideas.
All decisions are based on performance and demand, no more "I had a bickering with the guy that made feature x so we are now using a different feature and all users have to suck it up".
Cut all ties with teams (e.g. Gonme developers) that don't respect one of the above points. Cut all support for their shit software. Employ a team that does said feature and respects all the above points.

Future plans: get rid of monolithic architecture for everything but supercomputers.

You still have time then

Distributions should focus on security, and Intel isn't well known for that. My computer is already fast enough, I don't *need* it to be faster, however I do need it to be secure.

>struggles to explain why telemetry is bad
His only argument is "bringing widows to linux" which is not necessarily a bad thing. I wish driver support was "brought from windows to linux"

Get more trannies and women to make decisions in the Linux ecosystem so it dies faster.

why are you so obsessed with trannies

Famitracker is free software, yet it is only available on Windows.
Using Wine to run it would not harm your freedoms.

Is it possible to compile the source code for linux?

good one, upvoted

Simple, i'm not. I'm reacting to tranny mass marketing. If you advertise yourselves you will of course get the consequences of it. I think we already had this conversation user.

Make it harder to use to keep the babbies and winfags out.

by installing guix

Making it proprietary.

*nixos
ftfy

Add ZeroNet as a default app.

user, why is your post glowing?

Yes, that is true. Also OpenMPT.

Can you point to an actual security issue or is poisoning the well all you've got?

dummy

Yes, I can

Attached: intel inside.png (3058x2747, 1.13M)

Install Windows 10

using a linux distro made by intel completely mitigates any advantages of using linux in the first place

underrated

common man at this point Ubuntu should have his onw branch and not be associated with debian.

>Get rid of the dumb "package" philosophy.
thats
>Apps are apps. Libraries are libraries. They must be treated different.
what
>The OS is the OS. Everything else is everything else. Changing one should have no effect on the other.
makes
>Repositories are dumb. Install apps directly from maker. Installing one app has no effect on all other apps (i.e. you can have 100 different versions of the same library at the same time). So dependencies solved like in Windows.
it
>All decisions are based on performance and demand, no more "I had a bickering with the guy that made feature x so we are now using a different feature and all users have to suck it up".
great
>Future plans: get rid of monolithic architecture for everything but supercomputers.
faggot

Driver compatibility, fixing the user interfaces effect wise. beauty is not just looks, it's also how you behave. linux's window composition software is pure crasgy garbage. compiz and compton are a fucking joke.

>"I hate everything good about linux because I suck at basic problem solving and want it dumbed down and compromised like windows so that I can feel less dumb for failing to install ubuntu"

/thread

replace tarball concept with a decent cross distro installer/package
its a pain in the ehen you download a tarball and it has corrupted makefiles or it lacks most of ot files

Attached: 4L_V2BgPl0R.png (640x526, 61K)

Make it so that the command prompt is unnecessary. Merge giants like red hat & Ubuntu. Linux can't hope to compete with Windows as divided as it is.

Is this one of those distros that use flatpack/appimage like thing? Like Fedora's Sliverblue?

99.9% of the drivers in actual use are included in the Linux kernel, NVidia is practically the only exception and they in turn keep their Linux driver updated against every new kernel released.

So in order to appease a non-problem, you suggest that the Linux devs should lock themselves down to a specific interface which would remove the flexibility they have of changing it whenever they come up with a better solution.

You need to try harder.

Ditch it for BSD.

>How would you fix linux?
Change the license so that I get a royalty from enterprise use.

Retard

So basically you want something like OS X? Doesn't that new guix/nix thingamabob already do most of what you want or sliver blue?

Fork GTK and put it in the hands of good developers who would do the following:

* restore the config options that the gnome assholes removed for no reason
* fix the theming API and ensure it never gets broken again
* replace the shitty 'overlay scrollbars' with non-retarded ones

>monolithic kernel
>stable drivers
pick one. linux is broken by design

gaming

Suck a dick, Tanenbaum.

Attached: 1548628706628.png (1280x720, 1.09M)

couldn't they have named it something better than 'clear' linux , like 'crystal linux' sounds so much better.

Attached: tzuyuconfused.png (367x405, 200K)

Its Intel, meaning it is being fastest because they removed security features,
as soon as that bites them in the ass, like it did with hardware, with patches it will be even with or even slower compared to other distros.

only niggers like fat kernels

>only niggers like fat kernels
I like my kernels how I like feral asses. :-)

kernels should be like futas: mostly up, constantly in control, never fat, completely feminine and impossible to exist in real life (or a real os)

tzuyulinux imo

Just install mxlinux

>impossible to exist IRL
Like functioning microkernels?

yes, that was the point

Attached: faggot.jpg (750x750, 81K)

Hey, no need to pull out the anime girls, user. Put them back in the holster.

i wonder when will this finally become reality
2020? 2030? 2170?
how crazy is that...

>restore the config options that the gnome assholes removed for no reason
Which ones?
>fix the theming API and ensure it never gets broken again
The API is better than it was before, the applications are what are broken
>replace the shitty 'overlay scrollbars' with non-retarded ones
This is a setting that can be disabled

That will never be in the kernel because it doesn't manage your monitors, you need a userspace program for that. This isn't a stallman meme, learn what the OS actually is.

it already is a reality depending on the distro.

*laughs in broadcom*