*inhales* hahahahhhhahahahahahahhhahahahahah

KDE zoomers BTFO!

thehackernews.com/2019/08/kde-desktop-linux-vulnerability.html

Attached: 1209886B-09A3-4C8E-8DF0-61F3A9194BE8.jpg (750x827, 128K)

>Exploiting this flaw, which affects KDE Frameworks package 5.60.0 and below, is simple and involves some social engineering as an attacker would need to trick KDE user into downloading an archive containing a malicious .desktop or .directory file.

Oh WOW
It's fucking nothing!

I don't have this problem on Windows 10 ENT

No-one cares about you.
No-one.

>seething
>claiming to not care

I care about him, he is a good person.

yeah you do, there's an army of pajeet scam call centers trying to social engineer people out of their money

Nope

>social engineering people out of money is relevant to os
Typical smoothbrain loonixfag

Hallo I'm from macrosoft calldjing yuu about yur compootah.

Not an issue on my Windows 10 Pro build 1903

GNOME is always right

t. Seething loonix pajeet

>downloading an archive containing a malicious .desktop or .directory file
>downloading questionable files on the innernette
has linuks become windows

Allowing .desktop files to EXECUTE ARBITRARY COMMANDS to get *icons* was a fucking stupid design in the first place.

Loonix was a mistake.

Already fixed lol

Attached: 2019.08.08_07-19-59.png (1492x1308, 296K)

Imagine if Windows allowed arbitrary execution from desktop.ini files as a feature. That's how fucking stupid KDE devs are. Stop using KDE.

shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. KDE is way bigger than gnome so there has to be even more of this shit in the desktop. I also love the fact that the evilgnome thread exploded while this one only has 17 post and would've been archived in an hour, fucking pathetic. fuck KDE and fuck KDE shills and use a window manager

what VM do you recommend then user? no autismo shit that takes ages to setup or tiling garbage

You have the EXACT same problem, Windows10

icewm, jwm, openbox or fluxbox are good ones if you don't like tiling shit but the thing about window managers is you're going to have to do some configuring yourself since it most likely won't come with everything you need like automatic menu generation or hotkey binds
imagine shilling windows of all things

Ezpz

Not even using KDE buy I still think that disclose it like this is pretty shitty of the guy.

>the researcher didn't disclose it to KDE before going public
what is the advantage of doing this?

fixed, but how long will it take for the packages to reach every user? it could be quite a while. this is a pretty ridiculous security breach. a single hidden file can bring down the entire system.

Fuck linux desktop environments, they can’t even play videos without juddering every 10 seconds.
Why should everybody else cater to their desires, when they don’t give a shit about what people want?

>involves some social engineering
so, not at all passive

all it takes is a single unzip and your entire system is compromised, it's one of the worst linux vulnerabilities ever

Oh no

Attached: file.png (1102x706, 106K)

arch is also unpatched

DElets btfo

kde bros how do we recover from this

>unpacking zip files
Who does this?
also who uses KDE?
It's Xfce.

Reminder that 99% of neo-Jow Forums uses linux just to fit in and because it make them looks cool

>download virus
>get hacked
what is so special about this?

Attached: 1 (20).png (732x633, 241K)