Get ready for 6G

>A group of researchers have created a wireless transceiver chip enabling transmission of signals beyond 100 GHz at lower cost and energy consumption than current systems. Those frequencies are far higher than anything considered for 5G cellular communications, meriting the researchers' description of the device as "beyond 5G."
>The team from the Nanoscale Communication Integrated Circuits (NCIC) Labs at the University of California, Irvine (UCI, have created a 4.4 millimeter-square chip capable of processing digital signals significantly faster and being more energy-efficient than anything available today. It does this by utilizing a unique digital-analog architecture which significantly relaxes digital processing requirements by modulating the digital bits in the analog and radio-frequency domains. The researchers claimed that in using the approach they've overcome the limitations of Moore’s Law.

>They fabricated the single-channel 115-135-GHz receiver prototype in a 55-nm SiGe BiCMOS process. The device was measured to have a wireless data rate of 36 Gbps across a gap of 30 centimeters. On the receive side, the 8PSK signal is demodulated on-chip at a bit-error rate (BER) of 1e-6. The measured receiver sensitivity at this BER is -41.28 dBm. The prototype occupies 2.5 x 3.5 mm2 of die area, including pads and test circuits (2.5-mm2 active area). It consumes a total dc power of 200.25 mW. The maximum conversion gain was 32 dB and minimum noise figure was 10.3 dB.
eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1334971

The future is truly wireless

Attached: MWL_6G_Generic-e1560854574139.jpg (650x399, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadrature_amplitude_modulation
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If 5G gives Cancer what 6G's going to cause?

Super Cancer, mega aids, insta kill?

I'm scare yet curious

Why, yes, I've been an early adopter of 5G and ready to upgrade. Just what gave it away?

Attached: 1526949005911.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

Cringe and schizopilled

>in using the approach they've overcome the limitations of Moore’s Law.
lol

It will heal every disease caused by the previous generations. 6G base stations will be enshrined.

The real dangers of 5 and now 6G are not some paranoid schizo ramblings about how non-ionizing radiation can somehow mutate people, but instead what these technologies will lead to. They are being designed to facilitate the mass adoption of omnipresent, inescapable IoT devices, all of which will spy on you through the usual “telemetry”. And of course, none of this shit will be secured properly, so you’re double-fucked by hackers.
Any hackermans on Jow Forums, white hat or nigger hat, make sure to brush up on wireless. Grab your aircracks and your kismets and whatever else you can find, because there’s about to be a gold mine to dig up using all those tools in the upcoming wireless future

So Google is going to use 6G to steal my soul.

Got it.

>"Why yes I use 6G, how could you tell?"

Attached: Thebully.png (683x1007, 713K)

this also makes an entire market for nullifying 5/6G in a limited area. For instance, something to make your house 5G free.

That big ass Faraday cage.

Wouldn't the range on this be absolute trash?

I could totally see a company offering big as fuck faraday cages to cover large areas that are easy to build so that even normies could construct something.

You would need powerful transmitters pretty much in every room of your house and on a wall of every building and street lamp outside. Not to worry the (((goverment))) got you covered. When the times comes it will all be installed for free.

>range of 30 cm
What's the point when a fucking fly could kill off my internet?

Its the other way round, user, the fly gets into the path of directed highly energetic radio signal, literally melts in air

Yes. Now there's goo between the space of my receiver and transmitter, killing any internet between.

>They fabricated the single-channel 115-135-GHz receiver prototype in a 55-nm SiGe BiCMOS process.

>55nm
>2019

Must have been made at Intel. I can't wait for the 55nm++++ version

>36Gbps over 30cm
Maybe it could be used for high speed wireless drives or something? 30cm isn't very useful for much.

Well memed

But it is nothing speedwise compared to 7G.

But that's a 5G user, retard

>If 5G gives Cancer
Stopped reading there.

It's not the case anymore. Back in the old days, Wifi gave cancer. Then, 4G did and Wifi didn't anymore. Then, 5G did and 4G didn't anymore. Now, 6G does and 5G doesn't anymore. Gee, keep up with scientific facts, grandpa!

30cm is pretty big desu. Wife would love that in her.

>125Ghz
>30cm
>-42db
>32Gbps
>200mw
Soooo it'll do about 200Mbps at half a watt 3 kilometers away? Am I missing something or is this literally worthless?

Am I the only one who finds this 5G, 6G, whatever G shit boring and uninteresting? Wake me up when we have wireless electricity, that shit would be an impressive feat.

yes user, because all new cutting edge tech is always perfect gen 1

This is bullshit. I dont believe it.

>across a gap of 30 centimeters
Ok now try a few km

>by modulating the digital bits in the analog and radio-frequency domains.
what?

Will 6G be able to kill the cancer that 5G creates?

that's just because we've gotten better at those things
old wifi and old 4g still gives you cancer

Attached: 1434050427481.gif (266x207, 260K)

that's how science works

this not this

cool samefag

>The device was measured to have a wireless data rate of 36 Gbps across a gap of 30 centimeters.
>Across a gap of 30 cm
Lmao, so basically if it was on the floor, it would barely make it up your leg until you lost connection. Sasuga 6G.

If they up the frequency by another magnitude to get the wavelengths below a 1mm then we might be able to route the waves through a fiber and have a terabit connection over a single fiber. If you mass produce them on a 16nm or lower node then you might get a cheap terabit fiber transceiver.

>100+ billion cancers per second
Based!

lol

5g makes you beatiful.

The frequency of the carrier wave doesn't matter all that much. It's probably using an otherwise stsndard 4x4MIMO setup with 80Mhz channels like other 4G and 5G showoff tests.

>The frequency of the carrier wave doesn't matter all that much.
It does when we are talking about fiber optics. Certain frequencies attenuate less and the wavelength needs to be small enough to have cheap narrow fibers.

>>They fabricated the single-channel 115-135-GHz receiver
>receiver

Pffft, get back to me when they design the PA.

You are so ignorant regarding RF engineering. Jesus fucking christ what an embarrassment. Stick to pumping out blogs about "hello world" in Haskell.

We do, they're called radio waves you fucking faggot.

You have to upconvert baseband data to RF frequencies and we've been using analog modulation for years now to improve spectral efficiency.

Yes, you read it right. AM is back baby, and it has been for over a decade.

It does for circuit efficiency. Mmw efficiency is dogshit.

So they are moving data inside the silicone as Amplitude Modulated waves instead of 1's and 0's?

Great, let's put an antenna on every millimeter of the planet then.

mmW 5G isn't even commercial yet. They want to go up to 79 GHz for carriers.

What's why they call it millimetre wave.

No, they're broadcasting it as AM waves. To be more precise, it's AM (amplitude modulation) and PM (phase modulation).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadrature_amplitude_modulation

The data is digital until it needs to be transmitted.

When it's received it's converted back to digital. The result is that you can transmit a ton of data with a really small amount of frequency bandwidth but the electronics are much less efficient and your battery life goes down.

AM is not electrically efficient to work with but it means more people can use the network at one time.

Yes. 2.4GHz is about as high as you can practically go before attenuation by the humidity in the air and drywall becomes a problem. 100GHz signals would need direct LOS between transmitter and receiver at all times, and even then range would be a joke. You could probably kick a hypothetical 6G phone off the network by wrapping it in a piece of paper. This is also why 5G is a fucking joke. I can't believe the kikes are getting away with that one. People are fucking dumb as shit.

i don't see my phone getting charged wirelessly using radio waves you egregious cum gurgling piece of fuck.

5 GHz works fine indoors. 802.11a was 5 GHz. 2.4 GHz came later.

That's using magentic fields which, amazingly, have a range shorter than your cock.

>>That's using magentic fields which, amazingly, have a range shorter than your cock.
that is why i said it is fucking boring, when they make proper large scale wireless electricity i would be impressed. now shove 6 G's up your ass.

Which has better range and reliability? Go on, grab your phone, turn on both your 2.4 and 5GHz wifi radios, walk outside and see how far you get on the 5GHz radio. 2.4 will still be chugging along no probs while you see a bare-ass noise floor on 5.

Radio waves are "wireless electricity" and it's literally where the money is going as magnetic charging's range is so fucking short.

Directional antennas are the future but wireless charging is a meme for retards like you because it's so fucking ineffiicient.

You're such a fucking retard and you think you're ahead of the curve jesus christ you're embarrassing.

I propose it's marketing name: 5.1G Gen 3.2

Reeeeeee

I've literally never had an issue with 5 GHz in a home or office environment.

just fucking kill yourself man, please do it right now.

> I have no knowledge of RF engineering but I'll call something boring because I'm a consumerist zombie.

its

> I am a consumerist drone

> My degree in IT means I'm a genius huhuhuhuh

>RF whatever, blah blah, yada yada
spare me the nerd talk

these jews make me laugh

you're on a board about technology!

Attached: 20190808_122015.jpg (996x948, 335K)

exactly, if i wanted to speak gibberish i would've went to /sci/

>I'm on a board about technology

>spare me the nerd talk

lmao

Perhaps not, but that still doesn't change the facts surrounding the resilience of 2.4 vs 5, and the trend just continues as you increase the frequency.

God, I hate this meme.

Using quotes with a memearrow? Agreed

>Why yes, I intentionally misinterpret posts and reply with sarcasm. How could you tell?

Attached: rubberpissoiresuit.jpg (300x450, 27K)

Okay but what if we forget about wireless and just use cable? 100GB+ is far above what any previous cable connection can give us.

I wonder what the latency is on this thing. Can we finally achieve 0.1 ping and below?

>intentionally
>implying
Why dont you be more specific, faggot

>I'm fucking dumb you faggot stop assuming I can use my brain properly
ok

we all die

>The researchers claimed that in using the approach they've overcome the limitations of Moore’s Law.
What the fuck am I reading.

I don't think it will ever be "proven" to cause cancer because of the way medical research and big corporations work. It's pretty hard to prove it just in the medical aspect, but if you have someone paying for research to say it doesn't? It will never happen.

Could have had this in 2013.

>OP mentioned 5G
>>But 5GHz is fine
You almost had me there faggot