The only connector you would ever need for video and audio. SCART is redpilled af

The only connector you would ever need for video and audio. SCART is redpilled af.

imagine being so söy and cück you use hdmi or some other non analog standard.

lets discuss SCART and why its such a gift from god.

Attached: 117950-4.jpg (1001x1001, 71K)

*cracks*
Ahhhh, the Syndicat des Constructeurs d'Appareils Radiorécepteurs et Téléviseurs, now that was a good and reliable connector
*sips*
Le bon vieux temps

SCART is fucking dogshit. Absolutely terrible cable design that feels like it's far too easy to fucking break.

SCART was the pre-HDMI, HDMI, except no DRM. Analog HDMI if you will it.
It's STILL used, TVs made in 2019 have it even though there's no law for it anymore.

The connector was okay, not the best, the idea was great though. Early 90's PAL sets that did RGB and 60Hz with SCART were awesome.

That's because you bought cheap shitty cables. I still use SCART for old consoles and it's great, the high end cables/connectors from years ago cost pennies now and they are really sturdy and actually hard to pull out.

was good, now its outdated. great for old game consoles but thats not a huge market in 2019. stop fetishizing a connector you sperg

>analog
>no DRM
I wonder why it was abandoned...

RGB is great. I haven't had issues with durability so far but it wouldn't be my first choice of connector. The different pinouts for Euro and JP-21 are annoying.

>abandoned
see
>It's STILL used, TVs made in 2019 have it even though there's no law for it anymore.

Yes, TVs still have it, but almost nothing you can plug on your TV nowadays comes with SCART with the exception of ISP internet TV boxes

What else do you plug into them? If a PC, then HDMI is better and DRM free on PC.
Android set top boxes? HDMI. Even the ISP internet TV boxes, mine doesn't even have analog out, not even composite.
SCART is great when you need analog RGB, which plenty of shit made over the past 40 years uses. TVs support it and that's great.

SCART was the god-tier SD connector, but it is no longer relevant.

>He doesn't play Melee in glorious PAL60 RGB

Attached: mario waveshine.jpg (256x363, 33K)

>SCART was the pre-HDMI, HDMI, except no DRM. Analog HDMI if you will it.
Ever heard of D-sub?

Afaik only Japan used it for TV. Was pretty neat for computers tho.

My Wii is connected to a VGA CRT, actually. Haven't found a single game I couldn't at least force to 480p.

>no DRM
You should read about what sort of technology Macrovision made at some point.

With an adapter or were there actual VGA cables for the Wii? Also, why not component?

How do I get a lagless analog video output in 2019 ?

Attached: PJ_Sony-Classic-TVW.500xL.520xH.480_RM80.jpg (800x800, 67K)

the worst part about scart is that it included composite video.
actual component scart gear is rare as fuck, since most people couldn't tell the difference anyways.

Your graphics adaptor still has DVI-I connectors, right?

Unironically get a CRT, it's really fucking nice.

Surely but I need a PAL or NTSC signal
I already have one; I'd like to run an emulator and get the output directly on a CRT but the struggle is real

Why not get a CRT monitor? You don't need pal or ntsc signals for those.

enjoy your 480i

SCART... more like SCAT if you ask me.

>tfw American so I had to put up with composite and S-Video instead

based and SCARTpilled

I want to strangle whoever thought the s-video connector was a good idea. They could've just followed the same format as with composite and component, but with two cables for chroma+luma. But no, instead we get this retared duo-cable that is frustrating to even make sure you have it aligned properly, and every time you plug it in you feel like you're about to break something.

>feelio tvs don't come with scart anymore

Attached: 1564014685455.gif (500x268, 996K)

It’s a shame MiniSCART didn’t catch on more while analog signals were still common. Normal SCART cables are bulky and not particularly damage-resistant.

>Bulky
>Shitty quality image and sound.
>Bulky as fuck, also with the cable laying to one fucking glide.

I'm glad it's dying.

>He uses S-Video

Attached: 1565126564281.jpg (480x524, 21K)