Been using spotify for the past 5 years

been using spotify for the past 5 years.
cancelled subscription yesterday.
any better music stream services out there?

Attached: Top-10-Best-Music-Streaming-Services-Online-1.png (540x360, 33K)

your own hosted on NAS

YouTube

peak neckbeard

this
i am quite happy with self hosted CherryMusic

What should I use? Pretty annoyed when I'm out and I think about a song that's saved on my NAS that I can't access immediately without having to manually remote in and transferring it
I want to fix that and just stream the entire library

modded spotify

Forgot to mention it's a debian based NAS

just download the fucking music you want, you fucking sperg

airsonic server, dsub on android

>streaming services

Attached: 1541499788390.png (833x235, 229K)

>just spend hours downloading your entire last.fm recommendations list whenever you want to listen to something new, bro
Yeah, miss me with that gay autistic shit.

I made a shitty app that streams from stolen Deezer, Tidal and Qobuz accounts

It sucks if you want to discover new music.

Apple Music.

GitHub?

Why give up on Spotify?
If you really don't like it, Google Play Music is almost certainly the best of that bunch. Not sure how long it is for this Earth though.

Unironically Tidal

Spotify Free and Youtube to dicover new stuff
Private tracker to download it.

apple music is unironically the best if you listen to albums and don't care about playlists

convert your local library of flacs to opus or whatever your shitty devices support and sync that to a cloud (self-hosted or not). that's how i do it.

Pandora has been my favorite for at least 15 years. They have a subscription option that lets you listen to specific artists, albums, tracks, etc. like a regular spotify subscription. Their "music genome project" is why Pandora is the best. I've tried (with premium subscriptions) Spotify, Xbox music, Amazon music, Google Play music and probably more that I can't remember right now.

Attached: Pandora_Logo_RGB_thumbnail_new_large.png (1000x1000, 134K)

Download music over YouTube

It's infinitely less tedious than having to pay and register to a service and requiring internet to listen to music.

>Download music over YouTube

Attached: Clint-Eastwood-disgust.gif (300x300, 1.46M)

>requiring internet to listen to music
you do know most streaming services let you download music to listen to offline right?

So what, are you on a dial-up connection?

All depends what you want to do. If you want to listen to music you know you like, are willing to acquire ahead of time or do research etc... then just torrent the fuck out of FLACs and use whatever sort of streaming plugin off your NAS/home server to make them available whereever you wish to listen. There are tons of them out there. Want "radio stations" of sorts? Then use Shoutcast/Icecast and other sorts of Internet radio plugins to supplement your files - most players have support for connecting to them if you wish.

If you want some sort of heuristics that suggest new music to you or whatnot, you'll need to go with some sort of service. Spotify, Tidal, Pandora , maybe Google Music etc... if you want suggestions or "radio style" play without much thought. All of these are best used with a paid subscription some how. So its really all in what you value.

youtube music is alright, but i wouldn't leave spotify for it.

Attached: youtubemusic.jpg (1400x787, 87K)

Tidal for quality.
Otherwise try Apple Music or go back to Spotify depending on what music do you prefer that are available on either platforms.

>you need an internet connection to listen to music on streaming services
>no you don't
>well you should have an internet connection anyway
did you have a stroke user?

>modded spotify
This, fuck paying. Now I know ya'll hate reddit, but check out Jow Forumsmoddedandroidapps for links

Attached: e88aee.png (509x411, 18K)

use mobilism dumbass

It's 2019. Banks, payment processors, service providers and the Jews have spent millions of man-years and billions of dollars on making it as easy and brainless as possible to spend money. It literally takes one minute to subscribe to Spotify, and you only have to do it once.

Why is the Spotify desktop client so shit? All that money to work with and they come up with something worse than what a single programmer working in his spare time can do. And Google Play doesn't even have a desktop client.

This is what happens when you put webshits in charge.

Attached: 1541580016854.png (635x1452, 326K)

(Sorry for the shit in the middle of the screenshot. Looks like Firefox's screenshot tool is also garbage.)

Honestly it's pathetic. The UI is so fucking basic, it's literally just lists, buttons and thumbnails. You could do the same thing in a traditional toolkit with a hundredth the complexity. Didn't they have a Qt-based client before?
It's like a job program for midwit hipsters. The software complexity grows in proportion to the amount of VC funding they can suck up.

Thx, the app looks like shit... but now I have an official place to get modded apk's.

Attached: c34a2ea549ca05a0e3226cfef4540641.gif (420x420, 2.65M)

It takes one minute to install newpipe, and downloading music is effortless. I'd rather waste a total of 1h of my life downloading music than give a single fucking cent to the music industry.

Meh, it works fine so I couldn't care less. Now iTunes on Windows, that's written in C++ and is 100x times slower and basically unusable.

No, if you ask me. I've been using Spotify for over 10 years and was curious about the alternatives a few months back but after trying Apple Music, Tidal and Deezer I realized that there currently aren't any good alternatives (for me) due to how accustomed I am to the UI, Spotify connect etc.

YouTube

last i checked deezer had a security hole that allowed you to download 320 kbit mp3 and flac of your playlists with some script off github (with premium subscription), if that's still the case probably that

soulseek.qt

idk i only use the website

>be student
>share account with sister
>pay 2,50€ for Spotify Premium

Attached: images.png (342x147, 3K)

But most of the audio on Youtube nowadays is in OPUS, a supposedly transparent lossy codec.

ye pandora is pretty good, no linux app tho, at least not that i know off

Deezer + SMLoadr

MPD on a VPS. EZ.

this

Setup a proxy on your firewall and setup a mapped network resource on your phone and have a media app reference the media location.

Not gonna work with apple phones though since you won't get the access to the OS you need.

The only one better than Spotify is maybe Apple Music, but it's Windows/Android clients are shit.

Use VK.COM user. Music on vk.com was always free but even they got cucked by subscription service for 2 years now, music is free to play on computer version of web site and overall subscription service cost like 2-3$ per month.

If you do not want to pay for music at all on your smartphone you can download Moosic of Frogo (with ads but better) apk's from internet and listen and download music for free for Android.

Attached: adidas-when-the-cheeki-breeki-is-just-right-thank-you-2858886~2.png (500x602, 167K)

>downloading music is effortless

Attached: Wire 2019-05-07 at 19.37.27.jpg (1404x1494, 74K)

Why did you cancel your service before looking to see if there was a better option?

so this is why its so fucking easy to use the hacked version on android.

You leave the house?

Pithos - All the features of Pandora, but without the cost or ads.

Used to use Tidal and payed $10 for premium with student email. It was just flac or the Mastered WAV. It sounds better than spotify, but to fuckin much a month.

Radio FM