Blender hate thread. Is this and gimp worst pieces of software ever created...

Blender hate thread. Is this and gimp worst pieces of software ever created? How come this shit ever took off and became popular?

Attached: imgbin-blender-3d-computer-graphics-logo-3d-modeling-computer-icons-blender-Ar7WScVFPR4YKrDHzYNcPMqH (728x565, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blender.stackexchange.com/questions/78844/i-have-a-blank-window-in-node-editor
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because the people here intentionally do things that are more difficult to create a sense of superiority

ha retard cant remeber all the buttons and keybinds

What in your opinion is less difficult?

>left click doesn't select stuff, it places some retarded shit that no one cares about

Attached: 1543043583541.jpg (496x600, 34K)

other user here

3ds max was easy as pie to learn compared to blender

blender is good, gimp is trash

inkscape

>3ds max
But that's nonfree software. Please don't use software that disrespects the user.

its free thats why

ah yes, 3D artists, the chad profession

>know programming
>know using a complex tool not a easy shit like a text editor
>know calculus and geometry
>have an artistic mind
>12" dick

>Know calculus and geometry
Lol no

what's wrong with blender, limpdick

Hes a brainlet that cant understand shortcuts

unintuitive interface and shitty workflow

just write your own frontend for Blender. Plenty of people have

Is there a way to make Blender look more like 3ds max?

Attached: 1538987566546.png (1267x785, 107K)

Didnt they fix that in 2.8?

Attached: 1556854643036.jpg (425x563, 51K)

Yes. I am using it now. Everything else is still shit though

No, actually, people here do things that are more difficult because they are on a steep learning curve. They want to achieve something with technology and they go step by step toward that aim.
many just want to be experts in operating systems, others want to mess with server setups. Me, I did all that years ago. now I just come here to help people if they have intelligent questions, and to laugh at the mugs who want everything handed on a plate to them

You basically can't do shit in blender without some kind or tutorial series or coaching.
Only baby duck syndrome sufferers have a problem using gimp.

yes, there is. Buy 3ds max and then pretend it is blender

Blender 2.8 is based and unironically some of my favorite software. Its incredibly powerful and its not that hard to get your shit together. Just relearn some new shortcuts and you have a program just as powerful as 3DS/Maya (maybe moreso due to free plugins)

But user, blender has changed since 2.4 and it isn't difficult at this point in the timeline

see

IT is free!!!!

Attached: 007.jpg (350x350, 46K)

Don't compare Blender to Gimp. Blender is cumbersome but at least made by people who know a thing or two about the subject matter. Gimp is a total piece of shit which is no actual artist or designer in the world ever used to do any real work.

No. What's more now it looks completely different so enjoy browsing trough all of the outdated tutorials that point to parts of ui that no longer exist. As if things were not already complicated enough

Attached: shields_up.jpg (506x437, 23K)

Blender is amazing. But feel free to not use it if it's not for you, we won't really miss you.

Gimp IMO made the mistake of not liking vector-based edits. They really should have completely enabled these long ago. Only bitmap based editing is just much weaker.

So you are of those retards that only write posts like install gentoo and says that everything is botnet?

Yeah sometimes it can't be a pain in the ass but Blender had an awesome feature of pressing the spacebar and searching the tool you want, so what you're saying is not really an issue. If you have to extrude and the tool is in a different place you're still have to extrude at the end of the day.
Now, real problematic is literally any other software: look up a WPF tutorial from 6 months ago and get lost halfway through. Android studio? Good luck having things the way they were. Laravel? sike, you thought.

It's surprising how many people don't notice gimp's many path tools and the fact every transform tool has little buttons for layer (default), selection, and path. Not to mention the many path scripts out there for gimp.

I know they have some vector editing tacked on.

But every edit should be done with objects and vectors so it can be individually manipulated / undone later. This isn't efficient even as optional workflow, and it should be the default (pixel editing without objects should be optional).

Blender 2.8 is amazing

Gimp is bad, I know.
But Blender is genuinely good..

Because paupers gonna pauper.

work fine on my machine

It is shit, and so is most of the "free as in freedom" software.
I use MODO, C4D, Zbrush for most of my 3D modeling stuff, and other for rendering.

if you think blender and gimp are of similar quality you have either never used gimp or never used blender or don't even art

Sorry your brain isn't developed enough to use it
Sorry we strive to not be niggerfaggots

my entire issue with GIMP is the appalling lack of non-destructive editing
I've gotten very familiar with GIMP, I use it very regularly. All I really want is to be able to go back and change shit without retracing my steps.

>I use MODO, C4D, Zbrush for most of my 3D modeling stuff, and other for rendering.
Blender is starting to get decent with 2.8, I use Modo but have started using blender as well often of late. The foundry is raping Modo as well, ridiculous online only subscription DRM and performance is poor in many things. Modos renderer is really nice for creating assets but they refuse to add GPU support and alternate GPU options lack most of the features that make the modo renderer useful. Thanks to the foundry it's also massively overpriced now, modo is still mostly a modeling program, not a viable maya competitor. If you use Modo you're probably going to have to rely on houdini, maya or blender for certain things.

Are you saying it should be more like Illustrator than Photoshop?

>3ds max
oh sure let me install 40 gigabyte of pure autodesk bloat and installer botnet just to get my overpriced meme designer working

>Another bad carpenter blameing his tools

Oh right, so you decided to complain about problems which dont exist as opposed to those which do.
Great idea

Autodesk shills out in full force today

blender is alright and usable.
gimp on the other hand is irredeemable gimped shit. you can't even change brush size without explicitly assigning a keybind to it.

Its shitty but its the least shitty option

You've been able to left-click for over a decade, all they've done in 2.8 is make it the default setting.

>i'm too dumb to understand it so it must be shit

>buy
lol

Attached: 1564129450158.png (500x525, 118K)

Gimp is the best, suck my dick

> Is this and gimp worst pieces of software ever created?
compared to some commercial applications.. oh my yes, absolute garbage. but for free? they're better than nothing.

>Write game in Python
>Make textures in GIMP
>Model in Blender
And thats how I know you will never ever make it.

Attached: 1565307892349.gif (800x430, 564K)

all that stuff is fine, not every game needs to be fortnite

stuff like pygame (for example) is great, if you don't have the artistic and programming abilities of a toddler. you can do some cool shit with it and it'll run on a lot of different systems.

Blender does get used commercially though.
The new version also use industry standard shortcuts.

Blender its very good, but like any other software you need to learn and adapt to the environment.

When you started using Maya/AutoCad/3DMax/Catia/(...),
you had difficulties using it, this a adult's software, not a kid's software like Paint that works out-of-the-box, no need to learn or adapt.

Get a idea for a 3D project and use Blender, and be devoted to learning, because its gonna payoff later on, trust me.

Attached: 1560261832580.png (1600x1300, 2.71M)

Any resources on how to into blender?
Everything I can find is either outdated shit asking you to use functions that have long since been renamed, or guides for veterans who had 80+years experience in other 3D modeling programs

step aside

Attached: post-paint3d.jpg (750x500, 25K)

yes, truly for thinkyboys only

Attached: e1f.jpg (1235x646, 113K)

Tried to get into Blender in 2012. Should I retry? I had no trouble with 3dsMax and Softimage.

really? i found the opposite

kek

Yes, people working on movies with budgets larger than small countries just wanted to intentionally go out of their way to make their work harder by using a product (blender) that was "more difficult" for absolutely no reason but to "feel superior".

Real niggas use Anim8or

Attached: view.jpg (755x562, 36K)

what so bad with gimp?

>"fix"

Attached: 1451739193360.jpg (400x402, 40K)

Everything. It's a graphics editor made by people who have no fucking idea what a graphics editor is or does.

Attached: 3e1.png (491x335, 341K)

You're right, I started to hate foundry for it, but it's not really an issue when you work in a firm that gives the needed license and training as well.
And yes, I use Houdini as I said I use those for modeling only, other tools depend on the scene and project. For example, I use Octane, Maxwell, Vray/Corona for most rendering work. Mari for texturing with other tools like PS, etc.
What do you use for rendering?

>and to laugh at the mugs who want everything handed on a plate to them

In other words, what said.

Attached: baby duck syndrome.jpg (716x207, 103K)

it's better in the new release

pretty much this

GIMP was the first photo editing software I ever used (other than MS paint). I've continuously used it since I was a child. Never had a problem with it.

And somehow they can never get employed

FUCK

I am following tutorial and I want to use node editor to combine diffuse and glossy but it is empty. I found blender.stackexchange.com/questions/78844/i-have-a-blank-window-in-node-editor
but 2.8 doesn't have that button.