Why does KDE still exist?

Why does KDE still exist?

Attached: visualdict-window2.png (798x573, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

doc.qt.io/archives/qt-4.8/qcolordialog.html
doc.qt.io/archives/2.3/qcolordialog.html
a.uguu.se/o8chE7H43Lkm_copypasta.7z
bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=322060
koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1288422)?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do YOU exist?

>rating
Do KDEniggers really do this? Do they seriously fucking edit star ratings on files and folders in their own filesystem?

You sound salty

Thanks user. I was thinking about trying out kde again but your pic reminded me why it's trash. Say what you will about guhnome but at least those faggots can make a consistent ui.

Attached: 1564841850800.png (774x1032, 153K)

Whats wrong with it?

Attached: file.png (1232x803, 173K)

Yes, a consistent, and also almost useless ui. Even the iPad file manager has more features.

Imagine being such an unimaginative fucking autists that you had to copy the color picker dialog from Windows verbatim.

Attached: visualdict-color-selector.png (554x490, 31K)

You need to check you're timelines. Windows has been copying KDE for some time now.

Meanwhile GNOME doesn't even support picking colors.
Based GNOME don't horde old code.

Attached: 16147-04.png (600x448, 125K)

I rate my mp3 files. Fight me, dickhead.

>KDE doesn't have features
What are you smoking, nigger

What is nautilus lacking? I've used just about every other OS/DE's file manager and I can't recall nautilus lacking anything.

It's not horrible. It's just a bunch of tiny little inconsistencies scattered throughout the desktop and core apps. I'm autistic about it so it messes with me.

You're right, OP. They should go the GNOME route and just remove all of the features so mongoloids like yourself don't get confused while configuring the settings.

> What is nautilus lacking?

Probably 2-panel or some other faggy shit.

Attached: nc.png (720x400, 6K)

you should try using your computer for actual work or entertainment rather than "configuring the settings" every once in a while, you might even like it.

>What is nautilus lacking?
Address bar where you can type anything in. This feature is now hidden behind an obscure key combo

If you want to type something using a keyboard, you might as well press a key combo, no?

Imagine being this autistic

>changed orientation
>black screen
yep, fuck KDE, went back to xfeces and MATE, at least they work.

There's a difference in usability between filling out visible GUI elements and pressing a key combo that is not indicated anywhere visually, no?

unironically only because of "muh blurred transparency"
xfce chads need to rise up

>Ctrl + L
>obscure

Hidden key combos are so 1980s
It's good that GNOME tries to preserve the feel of early DOS applications, but how about doing something more modern? Like designing GUIs with actual usability testing instead of "I like this design because it's sooo minimal and pretty on my macbook"

works on my machine

Attached: Screenshot_20190808_222148.png (1129x678, 79K)

That dialog has been on Windows since 9x.

who the hell needs a HDD free space indicator

Attached: autism.png (1129x678, 90K)

Where is the issue?

Why does any of us exists?

Attached: universe-wojak-thinking.png (608x715, 452K)

It's "hidden" only if your IQ is a single digit.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-08 16-18-14.png (330x585, 34K)

Has nothing to do with KDE it's just qt default.
doc.qt.io/archives/qt-4.8/qcolordialog.html

Just like in the 1980s when every program came with a sheet of shortcuts.
But isn't GNOME supposed to be modern software? Even shitty phone apps have an address bar with custom entry, why not a polished file manager?

And in the oldest qt documentation I could find its still basically the same layout
doc.qt.io/archives/2.3/qcolordialog.html
This version was released in 2001.

agree, Xfce and GNOME look way better without having shit ton of bugs and inconsistent UI

Holy moly you're retarded. I really hope this is bait.

Attached: images.jpg (180x280, 12K)

>defending really retarded design
Who's the retard?

What would you suggest instead oh wise user?

A location bar that works like the one in Windows since Vista or KDE

Learn to read brainlet

Just use Windows. It's like KDE, but works.

Windows removed my pinned favorite folders in explorer after every update, so I had to install gentoo with KDE

But it does retard. You just hit a simple key combo or just start typing / and it behaves exactly as windows does. You don't even have to waste time clicking the bar.

>start typing /
how intuitive lol
>You don't even have to waste time clicking the bar.
The point is that I CAN'T do it that way. Meanwhile almost every other GUI has that ability, it's something that is expected of modern software.

Isn't it ironic how GNOME devs say that they design "for humans" and yet ignore any criticism of their GUI?

because the best DE?

>new way bad, old way good
wew

>newer is always better
wow

The "new" way is a step back into decades ago.

>hitting a tiny button with a mouse is superior to hitting / with your pinky
Please stop using computers, they aren't meant for you.

>minimalism is good! hoarding is bad!
Pic related: the GNOME flat

Attached: file.png (550x360, 222K)

share those copypastas bro

a.uguu.se/o8chE7H43Lkm_copypasta.7z

At least post a non-ancient version of plasma if you are going to shitpost.

thanks based user.

What are 3/4/5 supposed to be labelling?

What inconsistencies?

>My gui looks like some sort of shitty spread sheet software.

>switch to list mode
>"why does it look like a list?"

That's just based Qt having features

bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=322060
Does this mean it's fixed in Fedora's KDE (version 5.15.5 koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1288422)?

Yes, that's how tools like a file explorer should look like.

You use GNOME, so maybe computers aren't for you either.

>fixed
nope. it just means it's been changed. prolly added a menu to view the errors using a dozen spiffy new visual effects(all of which, are broken).

k chief.

>want to go to store across the street
>GNOMEShoes wont let me cross street
>GNOMEShoes wont let me get in car to drive across street
Haven't you ever heard of helicopters before

To welcome Wincucks to Linux. The consensus seems to be they like broken shit.

Why nobody told me this is possible in KDE? Until now I had to manually my ranking of /dev/sd* in a mongodb database. I'm switching post haste.

Chapter 3. Finding Your Way Around

The KDE Plasma Workspaces™ feature many different graphical user interface elements, commonly known as “widgets”. This guide will introduce you to their names and functions.

1. A panel that contains a list of Places on the computer system
2. A Breadcrumb of the path of the displayed folder
3. A folder Icon
4. A file Icon
5. A highlighted Icon
6. A Context Menu listing actions that can be performed on a file
7. A Slider that changes the size of the Icons displayed
8. More Panels

>want to go to store across street
>KDEShoes krashed
>have to go barefoot

Why do GNOME developers seem to have ADHD? I watched some of their youtube videos and they literally can't stop moving the mouse.

Thanks. It's hard to make that conclusion about the icons when they're not aligned the same way.

kek

The only really bad thing about KDE is the lacking of a iso mount and a drive format option integrate with Dolphin.

Attached: 1551924112172-0.gif (414x498, 654K)

I wouldn't know GNOME faggot.
>why yes I use lxqt how can you tell?

Attached: gigachad walk.jpg (1034x1264, 193K)

My primary issue with KDE is how fucking cluttered the UI feels. Everything is flatshit, and UI elements almost never have a definitive degree of separation between them--at best, it's typically a 1px wide border. It's even worse with the dark theme. KDE's UI has been getting better over the years, but I still feel it's a fundamental flaw. You can still go for a flat design whilst making UI elements more distinctive (see: MacOS).

-for waste resources and divide the Linux community with Gnome vs KDE battles
-for waste resources on graphical interfaces when in profesional work everybody use SSH+Webmin

I fucking love watching people shit on KDE after ages of constant KDE shilling but seriously why the fuck do we always have to hate everything? can we just stop throwing shit at each other and get along? come on both DE's are great and both have issues, that's just the way it is.
seeing the hate on both sides is exhausting and it just makes people run away from linux and unix-like operating systems as a whole. it needs to end Jow Forums

It's the only thing keeping me from jumping ship to Mac OS

because of weebs

why does shitnux still exist?

take a break

Can only make links in the same directory as the target, which is impossible if you don't have write access

So inclusive
Much diversity

ITT: salty footfags

Stupid people, stupid people everywhere.

Desktop environments are for niggers. Learn to use your computer properly and you won’t need one. It’s bloat and DEs don’t help your workflow.