/spg/ - Smartphone General

TWO DISPLAYS Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: gsmarena_016.jpg (727x501, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

belsimpel.nl/xiaomi-mi-9t-pro/los-toestel?lang=en
youtube.com/watch?v=JIE8xk6Rl1w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Will the note 10 regular be the almost perfect phone? Around the size of the iphone xs with the pen for quick notes/doodling that won't feel like a brick in your pocket.

Or does the note 10+ have too many features/power for only $150 more that it's stupid to buy the smaller product?

cool as a concept, will probably fail in practice
>Nubia
>a division of ZTE
yep, thats a guarantee

Got a Razer 2 and did a byod kit from straight talk and I got this problem. Any advice on how to get it workin?

Attached: Screenshot_20190808-174358.png (1440x2560, 102K)

> soon

belsimpel.nl/xiaomi-mi-9t-pro/los-toestel?lang=en

> Will the note 10 regular be the almost perfect phone
Nah. lagUI and nothing more

Can anyone gift me a phone please? I'm very poor :^)

go into mobile networks
tap in advance settings
go to APN or Access Point Names
check the names and see if straight talk is there (they should be)
if not, click on the plus sign and fill in the APN settings for ST

It's already there. Been like this all day.

Attached: Screenshot_20190808-202434.png (1440x2560, 39K)

which ST SIM is it, AT&T or T-Mo or what?

>no 8gb ram variant
wtf xiaomi you idiots

AT&T

Anyone planning on getting a folding phone? I'm getting bored of my shit and have a couple grand to blow. Leaning towards the Samsung but I don't like how small the outside screen is.

did you enter everything in pic related exactly as its shown?

Attached: Screenshot_Bromite_20190808-203219.png (1350x2048, 326K)

Yes I done one previously like that today and did nothing for me

did you try this?

Attached: Screenshot_Bromite_20190808-203918.png (1289x2048, 304K)

Still using the Galaxy S6 since it's release, convince me why I should "upgrade" to literally any other phone.

> Anyone planning on getting a folding phone
No.

> folding phone

youtube.com/watch?v=JIE8xk6Rl1w

So your saying the apple folding phone is the way to go?

No, I want to say that this idea was dead 30 years ago.

it was already tried back around 2010-2011 Sanyo released an Android foldable phone called the Zio i think, then ZTE did it with the Axon M and it was a major failure
nobody went for it then, nobody will go for it now

the s6 battery is horrible

Nah I actually have a use for such a device. Looking at parts diagrams on current phones is a huge pain in the ass. Tablet sized screens aren't really ideal either but would still be a hell of a lot better.

get a Mi Max 3 if you want a big screen that's smaller than a tablet

It still has to be able to fit in my pocket. I can't carry big fragile shit around while doing farm work

does android still have bad input lag with bluetooth controllers? Is using an android phone for a gaming handheld still a meme?

No good

Attached: Screenshot_20190808-210736.png (1440x2560, 62K)

Damn, the note 10 plus looks great

You have to go online to activate the SIM card
If you already created an account with Straight Talk and the SIM is fucked, go contact their support and they will send a new SIM in the mail, also make sure to ask them to credit you

Also make sure the carrier you choose actually operates in your area, if I used a Verizon SIM for straight talk, it wont work in my town lol

>aluminium back
I said plastic.

>Pre-order Zenfone 6 at US launch
>Give them my $500 fucking dollars
>Backordered indefinitely

ASUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
YOU CAN'T TREAT US BURGERS LIKE THISSSSSSSSSS!

Attached: face.png (535x501, 776K)

>compact phones are dead

slav poorfag here. I saved up some money and was offered a (mint condition) Samsung S7 edge (G935F for $200) that runs Android 8. Now, even tho it was a flagship phone back then, it is almost 4 years old by now.
As I am a total newbie with these high-end phones (i use a HTC one S) and can spend my money only once, I would like to ask you guys if this phone is any good nowadays.
BTW, in my country we have only 2G, 3G and since a few months 4G. No 5G yet for years and years.

Attached: galaxy-s7-edge-gold-back-silver-front[1].jpg (1600x1200, 373K)

OneUI doesn't lag.

oneplus 7t pro when?

I don't have to, you're clearly a homeless luddite. Stick to your phone until it stops working and then buy a used S6 again or something.
If you don't get a hard on for new tech, you don't belong here.

Price is not $200, my bad. The price is $120!!

It is a good phone, but I wouldn't pay 200€/$ for it and definetly not if it wasn't in perfect condition. Unless its the 128GB model or something like that you got scammed.

Kek, fucking burgers can't into Xiaomi

That phone is a piece of junk, why would you want it? Subpar display, speakers, cameras, it's shit on all counts.
They can't excuse that just because it's got the jack or some bullshit lol

Oh, then it was a good deal.

October-November.

Man I can't wait for the S11 series
>brand new camera setup
>notchless display in all likelihood
>brand new memory that'll make samshit phones faster
>super fast charging

>2000USD
Yes, I'm a poorfag

My bad, I made a typo! The price is $120 and the phone is really like new. It's the 4gb/32gb in gold color G935F. It comes with a 128GB microsd, standard samsung fast charger and a (non-samsung) wireless charger.

kys my man

Attached: your_opinion_is_shit.gif (158x132, 27K)

aw what, so whats wrong with the current memory on samsung phones

Get the Asus ROG Phone 2.

So much for the land of the free.

What? That's the Note phones. The S phones don't cost so much, and prices go down within six months of release anyway.

Let's kys together bro cmon I'll rig the Zenfone to explode and jam it up my ass and you put your mouth there, I'll hold your head so you can't back out and then we'll go out together bro

>just spend double and get the ROG phone 2 bro
I'd rather get the s10+ than that gamer junk, it's much cheaper too.

>and jam it up my ass
yeah nah "bro", I'm good, you go right ahead considering you like jamming things. up your ass and all

hahahahaha

Then why didn't you?

>want to get oneplus 7 pro because of all the memes about it being a no bullshit fast phone
>not sold in my country
I think it's because of china. fuck you, china

That's the main problem with chinkshit.

Then not bad, half decent deal imo

just got a pixel 3a
its nice

But can the S7 Edge compete with today's phones in the $150-$200 class?

>lagUI

we're not in the era of TouchJizz anymore

Nice.

I'm not that user LOL

Would A3 be a decent upgrade over my old Mi5?
Also, how is the android one experience in general?

>LG G5
>stuck on Verizon for work reasons
>battery no longer lasting throughout whole day
>batteries remaining on Amazon are Chinese knockoffs that the phone software rejects
>want Pixel 3a but I expect massive improvements for the Pixel 4a next year

What would you do if you were in my shoes out of these two options. Stick with the LG and wait for a better device next year when my phone probably reaches actual EOL. Or just grab the Pixel 3a the next time it's got a decent sale

What're some good custom ROMs besides Lineage for the LG G6 US997?

No, it's terrible

>waiting for the 4a
>expecting massive improvements from Google phones
get the fucking 3a

Oneplass baby very the best phone ever invented please do buy!!!

>post yfw the Galaxy Note 11 is called the Galaxy Note S

i've come to the idea that if you need a phone just buy it and don't wait for the "next one which comes out" because you'll be waiting forever and then you'll be super disappointed when the one after that comes out with slightly better specs
these are consumer electronics, it shouldn't be this way but it so just buy the damn thing and upgrade when the time comes

I dunno, their gaming phone is pretty rad.

Thanks to the mad cunt that actually sent out all those like new Moto G6 Plays. Thing is a fucking delight. Now it's just time to wait for AT&T to never push 9.0....

Attached: IMG_20190808_235630.jpg (1024x768, 193K)

ok the fling sensitivity is definitely fucked up on the OnePlus 7 pro 9.5.11 ota. It's actually annoying as shit, might revert to .10. anyone else with this problem

Mera budget 4000 ka hai, mai kaunsa phone kharidu?

Need help with phone.
For brothers GF. (i mention because smol hands, she wants smol phone). Absolutely doesn't want iphone, just wants great value at around the $300-400AUD mark, fine with chink phones.

- Australia.
- Probably optus/telstra (so i guess band 28 would be nice)
- Coming from iphone 6 so it doesn't need to be crazy powerful, just something that will make calls, take decent pictures and run smoothly for maps and youtube for several years.
- Price as i said $300 would be nice but upto and a bit past $400 can work too. Aussie dollaridoos.
- Fairly important is the size. She doesn't want a big phone. She always said my and my mums phones (redmi note 3 pro and 4x) were way too big.
I know the current go to xiaomi phones (note 7 pro mi 9T) are like 6.3 inch, so way too big (yes i know they are almost all screen, but overall size is still bigger than redmi note 3 pro).

So seeing as my go to xiaomi line is not appropriate (too big and no band 28 i believe), my knowledge of phones is fairly nonexistent past that.

Pixel 3a was made for females, get that one.

How exactly is this thing going to work?

Attached: lmao 2screen.jpg (720x796, 73K)

not well

What exactly was Samsung's plan when deciding to remove features?

Sell/bundle their bluetooth headphones. The free pair included with S10s was a test, obviously they sold enough to figure that removing the headphone jack on the Note would boost sales.

There's already preorders for Redmi Note 8. Anyone planning on getting the newest and bestest bang for buck phone of the year?

The Note 10 phones aren't gonna sell well at all
The Mate 30 Pro will outstage it.

Yes you can shillfaggot.
If the latest note is anything to go by samsung, like apple, is now entering thr decline phase.
The 11 will be disappointing and barely an upgrade over the 10.

So my moms Sony Ericsson w660 finaly died, so i have to give her mine honor 7c and i bought my self something better, it's not that much better because i'm really poor, it was honor 8x, how fucked am i? It was the only phone i could buy in my country for 230$.

Is the pixel 4 fullscreen or does it have bezel

>"try buying a case now bitch"

But thats like $600+. You are right though that does seem like a good fit.
Maybe second hand i suppose. thanks ill keep that in mind for sure.

Yes.

Not the first time they've done this
A case with a clear back, ezpz

Attached: zte-nubia-x-1.jpg (574x700, 70K)

This design got me thinking. If you could flip the ROG or the second screen accessory around, you could do away with the front camera on such a phone. Too bad gaming phones still need the bezel for front facing speakers though.

Oh wait, I have a solution to this. How about a phone with detachable bezels and front facing speakers on them?

I'm pretty comfortable with Android, but my Samsung S6 just bricked. I'm not really loyal to Samsung, but I think they're fine.

What's a decent budget (250 eurobucks max.) Samsung phone? I care mostly for a high res camera, battery lyfe and I guess firmware. Is the Samsung A10 or M10 any good?

On second though, it can be a different brand, but Android is a must.

idk but I want one

>Redmi Note 8
>Mediatek
Lol

Mi 9 SE
Not a horrible choice but the Redmi Note 7 would've been better
If it has to be Samsung, Galaxy A40. You'll get more for your money in the Redmi Note 7 though. It's a bit large tho, the A40 is somewhat compact.

Do we like Huawei Honor phones here?

It doesn't has to be Samsung, just Android. I'm not familiar much with chink phones, but it seems we can buy them here now.
Just checked out this Redmi Note 7
>48MP camera
Am I getting bamboozled, what's the catch here?

Megapixels don't mean much. The camera of the Redmi Note 7 is still good tho. Install GCam and you have a nice camera phone for under 200€.