Autonomous Vehicles

>DUDE JUST WASTE 3 HOURS A DAY BEING STRESSED OUT IN A METAL BOX LMAO
Self driving cars fucken WHEN

Attached: JUST.jpg (2000x2000, 211K)

>pajeet can't make an OS that doesn't brick itself constantly
>can't get an OS to function
>can't even write one function without it being a buggy mess
>can't code in any existing language to the typical standards expected in the language
>can't invent any novel algorithms
>somehow going to be capable enough magically to get a car to drive itself at speeds
m8 the current gen of 'ai' cars can't even drive on high ways, and thats ignoring them having to fucking map every single thing that the car is going to see in advance... and it still gets shit wrong constantly.
also the kits are 100k+

How about highways separated by a concrete wall? At least you won't have a head to head collision.

Attached: 1565306672838.png (231x218, 9K)

Why would you be stressed out driving?

Gunna be another 15-20 years. Regulations and laws take a long time.

>stressed out
move out of the city, user, it causes nothing but pain

then stop being a suburb cuck. what the fuck?

I really hate cars and the whole culture around them. Not to mention they literally make me sick. And now globalized countries will never go back to horses and carriages because the economy needs to be competitive and cannot afford to be slower and healthier. Really hate cars.

Programmers in current century are either bitchboys that stress over handling bigboy machinery or pajeets that cant into loud bigboy toys. That or trannies that need to dilate and cant sip and ride at 65.

Attached: sip my man.jpg (1043x675, 98K)

Dude my drive is 15 minutes one way. Fuck yo suburban ass.

>STRESSED OUT
Drive more you fucking zoomer

work from home

so trains with cars that hold 4 people

Who drives for 3 hrs a day for work? My commute is 30-40 min each way

Insane drivers, road conditions, and traffic.
I am outside the city that is why I have to drive.
That don't need a rail, stations, conductors, unions, and are much more flexible.
Learn to code.

>I am outside the city that is why I have to drive
why are you stressed when driving, then?

You do know that cities had massive horse shit problems back when that was the main means of transport? I will take the mild amounts of air pollution modern cars produce over mounds of manure any day.

Attached: Screenshot_20190808-225629.jpg (1536x2048, 831K)

Where did he mention horses?

1.5 hours each way for me.
Read the post you just quoted.

I'm mostly shitposting. I do think cars are a problem, but regression is never the solution.

Every time you added more convenience to driving, more people drove more often and traffic got worse. It's a natural law.

>b-but self driving cars will fix it, I swear!!

No they won't. Traffic will get even worse, except then you'll be able have lunch while being stuck in it.

Attached: rawImage.jpg (1367x2048, 316K)

>1.5 hours each way for me.

clearly you're a moron OP. nothing can fix this.

You've hit upon a great solution for op.
Move to where they have functional public transportation.
Like the japs.
>it's a natural law
Its even worse. Its universally observed.

b-but traffic is caused by humans slow reaction time!

At first I thought it was pretty smart that europoors drive on the right side of the road because in America the fast lane is on the left so if you have two roads next to each other the fast lane going in each direction is right next to each other so any schmuck could just swerve a little to the left and cause a massive fucking high speed collision but then I realized it's the same fucking thing in europe because they have the roads swapped too so there's no fucking difference

your life must be difficult

Not in your lifetime. Now move aside so I can have my flying car. I was promised flying cars in the future.

give me one good reason why the fast lane shouldn't be on the right

You mean Brits and left side. Also any road classified as a highway has a center divider.

The fuck are you on about.
Here in Sweden you drive on the right side of the road and you overtake in the left lane. But you drive normally in the right lane.
These conventions are decided based on where the driver is seated, to the left. Its to improve visibility.
Barriers is the best safety measure and plenty of our roads are 2+1 roads. The decrease in fatal injuries with barriers is amazing.

This. At least with the current state of affairs, grandma's license gets taken away at age 70 when she can't tell the difference between a lane marker and a curb. Self-driving cars will add her back into traffic.

right turns

My job requires me to drive about half of my 10 hour work day and honestly I don't even think about it anymore

LIFE IN THE FAST LANE

I drive 40,000km a year and it's all fun. Maybe get a car that isn't shit

are you implying that you won't be stressed out in a self driving car?
the real solutions are not self driving cars or more cars, but (much) better public transport and smaller cars

>he doesn't have a chauffeur
What's the point of getting into tech if you're not going to make mad dosh and buy the solutions to all of your problems?

t. busrider

>go back to horses
>not moving forward to trains and other mass transit
wtf?
it honestly wouldn't kill you to walk a block

the only place it works """properly""" is motorways, which is the most relaxing part of driving.

It has so far to go before its even slightly beneficial that you're better off forgetting the entire idea.

I live in Austin and holy fuck the drivers here man

Driving's my time to relax

Self-driving cars as a service, no ownership, decreases traffic. Also, no more parking lots, etc.

Still an improvement though.
Self driving thought will pretty much destroy car ownership, strangely enough. Why own it when you can just arrange for it to pick you up every morning. If you're on a budget you carpool. Since there's a centralised system recording who wants to be picked and delivered when, you can algorithmically determine efficient carpools for sharing.
There's a lot of potential in self driving cars to decrease traffic, but even if they don't, at least you get to catch up on sleep.

leave the country for one with an efficient public transport system

there's a LOT of those places available, and there's more incentives to go than to stay

>relaxing in a metal coffin
I guess death is the ultimate relaxation method.

>metal coffin
*fun box

Lel I have 7 min to work by bus or bicycle.