Dell Latitude D630

>Dell Latitude D630
>Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
>2GB Memory
>80GB hard drive

Still usable in 2019?

Attached: 500_500_productGfx_53a92837ae98436edc58b763ba8b63fe.jpg (500x375, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/guides/macbook-pro/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No

Definitely not with Windows. I used something similar to run Mint for a while, but the second you tried to do anything intensive on a browser, like watch a video, everything would hang.

That's my dad's main laptop, I recently installed 4GB RAM and a 120GB Hyundai SSD for him and it made a huge difference. Hell I'm using a Latitude with a 1.4GHz ULV C2D and 5GB RAM right now

I have one lying around at work.
With Win7 and 4GB ram it's usable but not exactly a stellar ride.
You can use it to get shit done if absolutely necessary.
The drive is sata so you can swap it with an ssd if you like, it will probably help a lot.
Haven't tried Win10 on it.

yep /tpg/ dorks are posting from t60's with similar specs. the nvidia gpus in dell laptops from that era are timebombs waiting to fail at any moment though so i hope you have an intel igpu

With an SSD it's perfectly fine, you can get MacBook pro performance out of it. I have a 1tb ssd and 8gb of ram in mine

mac pros are only 2.2 ghz

9to5mac.com/guides/macbook-pro/

Install OpenBSD and enjoy performance

I'm using one as my homelab.

Attached: d630.png (1366x768, 1.22M)

Install ROSA Linux LXQt and Yandex browser and that baby will be given a new life.

Aren't they MXM? If you really wanted you should be able to just switch cards.

>Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
Increase the ram to at least 4gb, get an SSD and you're good.
My main laptop with a similar processor and Win10 LTSC runs great.

not in the d630 unfortunately

upgrade the kernel

Sony Vaio
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
4GB Memory
60GB HDD

Is my Linux test bed. Work's, not great, but stable enough to test things.

I used a 2005 dell latitude until two years ago when I vomited on it in my sleep. I ran Lubuntu and it actually worked great.

Upgrade CPU to something like T9300 (eBay).
Upgrade RAM to 4 GB DDR2 800MHz (eBay).
Buy an SSD (preferably new).

Then it will be so-so usable.

Good advice, tovarisch.

Attached: fsb.jpg (780x520, 114K)

As a main computer? No, really slow. If you need a PC instead of a mac occasionally? Yes it still works

I'm one of at least four proud /tpg/ T60 dorks.
yeah
Unbuntu MATE, Lubuntu, and prolly Xubuntu will run fine on it. You'll be able to run moderate apps reasonably okay. Makes a fun sidekick/experimental ongoing project laptop.

I'm, very fond of that model. My work assigned me one for a really long time. I bonded with it. When I left that job, I had a much harder time saying goodbye to my trusty Dell Latitude than any of the coworkers.

Attached: 1969-lola-t70-mk-iii-b--image-silverstone-auctions_100419099_l.jpg (1000x667, 181K)

>If you need a PC instead of a mac occasionally?
You do realize Macs are PCs that can run Linux and Windows, right?

of course, software and hardware doesn't rely on what year it is
but you should keep in mind that you should be running linux or XP
you could maybe squeeze windows7 if you choose a 32-bit version of home premium and debloat the shit out of it, but it'd be hard pressed
I'd recommend upgrading the RAM first if you are willing to spend any money
also wipe the hard drive with dban, just quick erase for a clean drive

Nah, I'm lazy.

Max out the memory and add a ssd.

You are golden.

It will play Crysis.

It would accept 4GB RAM and the CPU is still ok for some light stuff, but the main issue is graphics. Intel's iGPU from C2D era really doesn't cut it even for web browsing. To do anything you need to do a lot of manual tweaking in advanced browser settings to let CPU do GPU's work as well as plugins to be able to watch videos without unbearable stuttering.

What do you mean by doesn't cut it even for web browsing.?
Intel G41 express works fine and fast on my C2D machine (3Ghz/4GB DDR3), even on javascrip heavy pages, 1080p on YT uses about 32% CpPU, with h264ify add-on is even lower, about 25%

Attached: G41.jpg (721x561, 35K)