>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?&v=IhX0fOUYd8Q

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. The stronger 3400G sells for $150. (R3K APUs OCs better than R2K)
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOL, stock is limited

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI @ ~$230/Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing scales better into 4K than Navi does. OR upscale from lower resolution with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come within a week. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important for gaming
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>Don't use Speccy
>Don't trust sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss)
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors + SSD Guide under "more"

more rentry.co/pcbg-more
Previous thread

Attached: usb-retro-vac.jpg (470x400, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/GMr4RJ
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/nK8BCb
youtube.com/watch?v=_V-4Zn_3-Po
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Avoid Corsair PSUs

Reminder to beware "benchmarks" from no-name outlets which have suspiciously unusual results.

disregard massrepliers

disregard people who make a single useless post that contributes nothing and is just bait

How is this build?
pcpartpicker.com/list/GMr4RJ

Britbong student here. I'm looking for some advice about my uni computing needs. I'm currently using a ThinkPad X220 and a cheap monitor, keyboard and mouse but I will need a decent machine. I've made a spec list: uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/nK8BCb

What do you guys think? I'll be mainly typing out essays, using CAD, MatLab and doing some ML stuff from September.

Attached: 1564935300956.jpg (750x744, 94K)

If so many people have problems with the new Ryzens, shouldn't a caveat be added to the op about this? For example: Get a Ryzen but beware since it can take some tinkering to get it to work properly.

>suspiciously unusual
Like putting AMD ahead of Intel?

Why do you need a gaming monitor then?

Use a UPS with them and all will be fine.

Don't trust benchmarks you haven't performed yourself.

Confused phone poster tourist detected.

Dubs of truth.

What operating system? You really should size the SSD to the size of the OS and the programs you'll be installing with a little room to spare. Did you make sure that manufacture's mobo has a list of compatible RAM and that RAM you selected is on that list?

Which CAD program? Not that it really matters. Other than the info I made in reply to int he paragraph above, you really can't go wrong with anything modern. Pretty much everything you can buy that is within 5 years of manufacture will be more than enough power and RAM for anything you want to do. The only exception would be true color monitors for art and photography needs.

Sounds like typical 1990s nerding. I can't remember a single PC I built that didn't require some tinkering to get it to work properly for a variety of reasons. I can't imagine people building PCs thinking that everything is 100% plug-in-play LEGOS. Though, it is pretty close to that now.

First time PC builder here. Do you need Windows 10 on a disc or can you install it otherwise (USB is too expensive)

you can make your own windows usb install drive, do you have a usb drive already

I can't find any info about this, but can you run dual channel setup with 4 matching sticks of ram?
I've heard yes and no, but no actual proof either way.
My computer has 2x8 GB, and I need to upgrade (vms and shit)
If I can get another 2x8 and have 4 sticks total, it would be cheaper than a 2x16 GB kit

How is USB expensive? Your can get a 16 gb is drive for under $10

Yeah but no PC or laptop to flash it on

Is a 5700xt (partner card or watercooled) enough for constant 90fps @1440p? If not then maybe overclocked?

>10 year guarantees
>built by good vendors
why again?

>Use a UPS with them and all will be fine.
why

based

*In recent games I forgot to add

yes it will still be dual channel even if u go 4x8.

>3900x in stock
should I.. or should I wait for 3950x

Attached: 1560364148717.jpg (991x996, 484K)

For that G-Sync supportâ„¢

To be honest, I sorta rushed this pick list. I just picked out a good looking monitor that has G-Sync support and slapped it on the list. Also, is a G-Sync any good or should I just get a cheaper monitor?

I'll be deviling a bit into AutoCAD, but the main reason on why I need the extra resources is that I'll be starting a lot of research into ML/AI. I've been borrowing the uni's beefy servers to do most of my batch learning - since my X220 can't handle this - but I really don't want to spend my second year staying up from 10pm - 6am in their library whilst I'm using their stuff.

you can buy windows 10 on a disc.

When can we expect a card to be released that would be a sensible upgrade for a 1080 Ti? Six months? A year?

Currently only the 2080 Ti offers a meaningful ~30% improvement yet the pricing is full retard, Titan-tier.

can you go to a library or school computer or use a friend's computer, you may also be able to do it at a local computer store

all ti pricing is retard tier dude. if you wanted a sensible upgrade path you shouldn't have bought totl in the first place and instead stuck to **60 and **70 level cards and upgraded every 2-3 years. now you're forced to wait 4-6 years if you don't want to shell out for another retard card.

Give me one reason why it's a bad idea or isn't safe for me to put my HDD in my case like this if i hate the wasted space of the tray.

Attached: the real reason i got the spec 04 is because the sg1 was dented and the front panel looked good even (760x427, 57K)

>pcpartpicker.com/list/GMr4RJ
That dark rock slim seems super overpriced. Is it that much better than the purerock...?
Don't use QLC NAND as a main drive. Get an MX500 (faster) or SU800 (cheapest that's suitable as a main drive)
Why the 2700...? If you're gaming, a 1600 is plenty for the RX 580. If you want to upgrade GPU for 120fps+ later, the 3600 is better for gaming than the 2700.

>uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/nK8BCb
Again, why the 2700(X)?
That 1660ti seems massively overpriced. Isn't Vega56 cheaper and 5700 isn't much more?
SSD is very overpriced. Get a better one for that price or same performance for less money.
Monitor choice is mediocre unless you really want TN.
Red Dragon and Tecknet have decent cheap keyboard/mouse.

AMD is ahead of Intel in many games. Namely, games people actually play like CSGO, R6 Siege, Rocket League, MHW, etc. That's not unusual.

I don't think really shitty running games like AC Origins will get 90. That game only gets 72 fps at 1080p on a 5700 XT, 95 on a 2080Ti. Overclocking gets you a 10-15% perf improvement.
It will depend on game.
Some games just run really poorly and you'll only get around 60-75. Even the 2080Ti can't get 90 when maxed in a few shitty games like that.
Your average console port game like MHW, Forza, and Far Cry, you should get around 90-120, yes.
Really easy to run games like RL and LoL should get 200fps at 4K and around 400 at 1440p.

Attached: good games dont matter.png (1373x1413, 49K)

put some 2 way tape on the bottom or something to hold it in place and you're fine. your biggest problem is it getting smashed from being loose and also dust accumulation you can't clean.

Why are you such a faggot? Learn to state a reason why someone should avoid a brand. Your post means nothing now.

I'd say go for it if you want it now. 3950 will have the same problems launching in September. Meaning you'll be able to get it in oktober.

>dust accumulation you can't clean
that's the problem i had in my previous case using the 3.5 inch drive bays, unless you meant from the underside

I believe the RX 5800 is coming in January or February but I'm not sure.
It's going to be difficult to figure out, because usually sales get the most aggressive 2-3 months before new cards launch. 1080ti and 1080 were aggressively discounted 2 months ahead of the 2080 and 2080Ti launch. Vega 56 and to a lesser degree 64 were aggressive discounted 3 months prior to 7/7.
Right now we're seeing 570s and 580s even more aggressively discounted than usual as the RX 5600/XT is launching in less than 2 months from now.

Since AMD has no card that is in the 5800XT performance range (should be a 40-50% uplift over the 5700XT), we won't see that usual indicator. But I'd guess it'll take about as long after the 5600 launches after the 5700 did for the 5800 to launch. Which should put it at around January or February.

>HDD in a desktop in 2019
yikes. replace it with an SSD.

>That 1660ti seems massively overpriced. Isn't Vega56 cheaper and 5700 isn't much more?
AMD GPU's aren't compatible with the ML framework I'm using.

Handy vidya for the great sharpening wars of 2019 youtube.com/watch?v=_V-4Zn_3-Po

RiS has almost no performance hit and though I'm sure there's some personal preference involved it also ends up being the best. So yeah, you can get sharpening on other GPUs but they tend to be inferior in multiple metrics.

>90FPS
>1440p
Not even the 2080 Ti can do that

>3950 will have the same problems launching in September. Meaning you'll be able to get it in oktober.
the 3950x is going to be impossible to get. they have such a hard time binning it that they had to wait months before release, and they're already having supply problems with much lower binned chips. the price is high, but top end buyers are already used to paying much more than that for high end intel chips and the price is still a steal compared to old ones. on top of all of that, it's competing for many different markets, including people who would have bought threadripper. there's no way that chip doesn't have huge supply issues.

I don't know if G-Sync is worth it or not but what I do know is 144hz and G-Sync are specs you look for if you play games. If you don't play games you don't need a monitor or GPU that expensive.

b-but it had a discount...

>yikes. replace it with an SSD
enjoy your bit rot attempting long term storage

Depends what you play. I play R6 Siege with ultra HD textures and all high/ultra settings, and get a steady 100 FPS at 1440p with my custom loop cooled 1080 Ti.

>"buy a B450 tomahawk" they said
>"there is no reason to buy a X570 or wait for the Tomahawk max" they said
>*mobo suddenly "die" after a BIOS update* (i can't use bios flashback anymore)

MSI's 16MB BIOS are awful.

Not really. Games that favour more cores, yes, but ST and clock speed dependend games favour Intel

Attached: Hitman_1080p.png (1405x1517, 77K)

Go for it then but fix the other issues.

You can use CAS with reshade, though it's about a 5% perf hit instead of

Hey Jow Forumsentlemen, just need a recommendation to calm my mind and self-arguing.

I built my rig about 6 months ago. Looking for a new GPU for some more intense shit/editing. Right now I got a stopgap rx580 Pulse. Going to chuck that in the old man's build or sell that off to a mate but need a decent upgrade.

I can wait for the AIB 5700s, and have a budget for around $700-800 AUD. Currently at 1440p 144hz. Was looking at Vega 64s a while back, nearly pulled the trigger several times. Wanting to pickup something Sapphire preferably, and I plan to do a full loop sometime in the footure (since I'm still rocking stock cooler on my 2700x at stock speeds anyways, I'd rather get it all done in one swing). From the looks of it its going to be 5700xt~something, but hey; I'm open.

Hit me with your suggestions and experiences.

Stop falling for the marketing hype and let others beta test new hardware first.

Attached: scotty.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

Yeah yeah, muh gimpworks, AMD superpower 2020, I know it.

Attached: 03-csgo,-dust_2-botmatch-(very-high-details)-chart.png (700x459, 174K)

>tfw my b350 tomahawk just works

The RAM ocing, the compatibility, the everything. My board is blessed.

Thoughts on which 5700 XT I should go for? I was thinking power color devil but I've been an eternal EVGAlet since 2000s.

Who the fuck buys a CPU based off of CSGO performance

Rate my build ($AUD)
Ryzen 2200g -$95
MSI A320m pro-vd/s V2 -$75
Corsair 2×4gb 2400mhz - $40
Corsair vs450 PSU - $30
Patriot burst 240gb ssd - $39
Evga gtx 1060 - $200
Total - $AU479

Attached: IMG_20190809_230121.png (800x600, 706K)

Plz wait for partner boards. They are coming this month

2070 super

That's what I'm talking about user.

I have an MSI R9 280X Twin Frozr but I'm probably going to go with anything that's the closest to the cards MSRP. Price Premiums just for the brand alone and a tiny overclock can go to hell.

Because some people dedicate thousands of hours to Source?

Will the Asus X370-F get a pair of e-die RAM to 3600MHz?

Attached: B8hbgWKy8a22DUli_setting_000_1_90_end_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 254K)

MSI X570 Ace or Asus Crosshair VIII Hero?

Attached: 1563786077650.png (945x800, 1.3M)

Expect delays on the releases of the PowerColor RX 5700 (XT) aib cards. There's a typhoon coming and is expected to do some damage. Unsure about the other Taiwanese card makers.

Attached: Screenshot_20190809-162020~2.png (1080x1012, 196K)

buy KFA2

But a cheapo processor and okay GPU can easily get 100+ fps

Most of them will spend $500 on a 9900k and then buy a 60hz monitor

Daily Reminder that negative air pressure cases are a meme and are form over function dust gathering hot boxes. Unfortunately they're the only ones with good looking front panels most of the time.

Attached: nzxt h500.jpg (900x900, 205K)

Current builds of Source such as the one Counter-Strike or Team Fortress 2 run on are terribly optimized and filled with spaghetti code. VRAD is a particular offender in this department.

My MSI refused to run my ram any higher than 2133. Crashed every time I tried to get xmp going.

Got a gigabyte and so far it's worked fine

The input delay below 250-300 FPS will be noticeable. You can never have too many FPS in a Source game as the input delay will be exponentially lower. Also consider that any computer from the past decade and beyond should be able to run it at a stable 60+ FPS and higher on at least 720p or 1080p on maximum settings.

How does the front breath

I have this and have 0 dust after a year.
Cope

>dust gathering hot boxes
every setup gathers dust. the amount of dust you save with a positive pressure build is almost completely negligible and you need to clean your case no matter what if you actually want to retain performance.

I hear the on board fans on the x570 motherboards could cause overheat or the like. My question would be if that would only happen if I use something that requires pcie 4.0 If I don't use anything can I maybe just turn off the fan and have no problems?

get a gigabyte board and set it to silent fan, you can have it only turn on at a threshold instead of disabling it so you only have it turn on when it would throttle or shut off

Do you live in a laboratory? I live in a European Forest.

>Zen 3 finished and release 2020
>Zen 4 in design and aimed at 2021
fuck. how does one cope.... Ideal would be to get a ddr5+pcie5 system for longevity
waiting a decennia more to upgrade pc... JUST fuck my shit up

Attached: 1561072581158.png (580x548, 293K)

Especially considering it's optimal to clean your case of dust with compressed air and cloth every month.

Try opening a window

clean your house

>buying a case without a mesh front panel in the year of our lord 2019

Don't worry. Be happy. The next 5 years are going to be insane.

You sound like a gigashill, matt

this is why midrange and upgrade often is superior to buying high end and trying to time when you buy perfectly

Is every single computer enthusiast an idiot? I'm just a casual and I've never had any of my AMDs burn out on me, including my new Ryzen 3600 which I've been putting through it's paces since I got it. Yet everywhere I look I see self appointed computer experts who seem to think that they are literal ticking bombs.
And before you have a go at me, consider that if every time you used an AMD your house burned down, and every time I used one I got perfectly fine performance for five years or more, then I'm probably in the right.

>chipset fan is louder than everything in my system

Why did I fall for the x570 meme

Just to let even more dust in?

not everybody is an idiot, but there are a lot of idiots and also literal children. and people using shit power supplies. and people trying to overclock to 500ghz. and people plugging shit in wrong and keeping their pc in a closet because otherwise it makes the room too warm.

My 3700x took a shit on me within two hours.

See how easy it is to make shit up on the internet

How does the Hyper 212 and the Hyper 212 Turbo compare to the Dark Rock Pro 4?

Ah yes amd, they are never at fault people are just idiots

Attached: the_military_shanty_town_of_ryzen.jpg (1920x1987, 2.22M)

People told me the CX600M is a bomb too. Yet i'm still here.

I'm in the market for a new monitor because Nano IPS seems pretty cool, but I'm confused on whether Freesync 2 + HDR or G-Sync 1 would be better with my GTX 1080Ti. The two monitors are: LG 34GK950F-B (Freesync) and LG 34GK950G-W (G-Sync).. The price and 24hz difference doesn't matter to me since my GPU will barely get to 120hz anyway,

I bought an intel processor and it back-fried my entire electric line, costing me $10,000 to re-run all of the electrics in my house

If you're talking about build guides, the main reason is that the specific, detailed reasoning behind the choice of some parts is missing. People should be encouraged to look at (reputable) benchmarks, reviews, and specific use cases of various parts to see what would be ideal for them, rather than just blindly saying "X is better than Y all the time because [guide] said so".

Remember first gen DDR4 like Hynix MFR was actually slower than high end DDR3. If you try to upgrade later, your first gen DDR5 mobo probably won't have good enough traces for the higher clocked DDR5 that comes out later anyway.

>no replies

3700x with 32gb ram or 3900x with 16gb ram,
or is 32gb ram a meme
i want my pc to last atleast 5 years, have 1080ti still

Whats wrong with corsair? Im thinking of getting the RM650.

I used an intel processor once and my computer wouldn't boot. I returned it 3 times and then eventually they said I shouldn't expect it to work and to just keep buying new intel processors until it worked.

>only one fan on the top of the H500
dropped

Attached: NO.png (668x444, 234K)

Don't listen to that faggot. He posts it every thread and never says why to avoid Corsair.

RM series is an A tier PSU. It's going to be fine.

Aren't the cable management options shit on the h500?

>gigabyte X570 elite
>3700x
>set fan control to silent
>check HW monitor expecting memes
>CPU idling between 0.6 and 0.9 volts
>CPU hovering around 34C
>PCH around 40C
>mobo fan not spinning
>~25C ambient
Where is my house fire? This thread promised me a house fire.

pro 4 is better than both fo those. If you prefer the look and can afford the extra cost then buy it.

>t. 212 black edition owner who wishes he bought the pro 4 himself