What is the absolute best CPU I can get for video editing and transcoding? Heavy handbrake stuff

What is the absolute best CPU I can get for video editing and transcoding? Heavy handbrake stuff.

Attached: d1.jpg (1536x1024, 236K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/194146/intel-xeon-platinum-9282-processor-77m-cache-2-60-ghz.html
supermicro.com/Aplus/motherboard/EPYC7000/
amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-epyc-7742
instagram.com/katygomita/?hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

xeon 9282x4, should be around $80-100k for the entire build depending on who you buy through

ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/194146/intel-xeon-platinum-9282-processor-77m-cache-2-60-ghz.html

Forgot to tell, on a consumer level...

I'd let her process my central unit, if you know what I mean

Stop being so pedestrian and buy the xeon. What are you, poor?

sure, you want one of these boards

supermicro.com/Aplus/motherboard/EPYC7000/

and this processor

amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-epyc-7742

should be doable under $15,000

what's her name

I use an r5 2600 it doesnt take long to encode shit. What the fuck is a 15k processor gonna do?

retard

that's what OP asked for user.

sauce

it's not even $10,000 for the processor! a fair bit of cost is the motherboard and everything else. it's actually a steal.

Define "long" and what do you encode?

Threadripper.

1080p videos on premiere. Takes like 5 minutes for a 5 minute video. Also use a gtx 970.

Amd thread rippper

As anons already said, top-of-the-line ThreadRipper (2590x, AFAIR). Nothing even comes close in multi-threaded performance if you're not willing to outright go to the server boards.

Look up some relevant benchmarks with your favorite editing/transcoding software, I'm reasonably sure TR comes up on top in them.

Also, you get enough PCIe lanes to properly run 2 videocards and a couple of NVMe SSDs without any bottleneck.

epyc :DDD

AMD7742

Sorry man, she's my ex, and I'd rather not dox her online

It's either going to be Threadripper 2950X, TR 2990WX (can have performance issues in Windows in latency-sensitive apps, only recommended if it will heavily and solely be used for an app it performs well with) or Ryzen 3900X (or 3950X when it releases in September).

instagram.com/katygomita/?hl=en

Time is money and when you work with video, you might need your shit done ASAP.

Also, some people might need to work on hours of 4K or 8K video at 120fps encoded in AV1. That might take days to encode.

>5 minutes for a 5 minute video
You're probably using some shitty encoder.

Dude nobody encodes 4k and 8k 120fps you dumbass gamer.

It's an edge case that might take days dumbass. We don't know what OP does.
Still, encoding 4K at 60fps on AV1 or h265 takes loads of time.

threadripper 2990wx

>4k 60fps
What professional uses that besides video game streamers? 265 is a fucking meme nobody uses that except weebs.

>4K 60fps is not used
Educate yourself.

Yeah bro all those films and commercials in 60fps happens all the time

she should be fucked by black man