Congratulate me brothers, for I have seen the light

Congratulate me brothers, for I have seen the light

Ended the meme minimalism, the screen tearing, the manual configuration for it not to look like shit. I'm home now

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (2560x1545, 526K)

Other urls found in this thread:

software.opensuse.org/package/plasma-framework
zdnet.com/article/unpatched-kde-vulnerability-disclosed-on-twitter/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>downloads a .zip
>contains a secret .desktop file
>system compromised

Welcome home.

sed 's/home/homo/g' input.file

What?
I use openSUSE tumbleweed KDE/plasma btw (not OP)

there's a bug in kde framework 4.6 that a .desktop file can execute arbitrary code without any escalation. so if you get slipped a .desktop file with a virus or anything on it, your system is completely compromised.

Welcome bro. You now dwell within the confines of Plasma forever

Volountary abstract "exctract ZIP" : faggot.

fucking hell m8 any idea when a patch will come through?

patch it ur self fucker
did you pay for it? no?
so, shut up.

>Welcome to Linux!

oh nice, please extract the archive I sent you :^)

ok

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

the patch is out but most distros haven't rolled it out yet, almost all kde systems are vulnerable
a single .desktop file anywhere on the system is all it takes, it will be instantly executed

Don't worry about the exploit, just don't download any .desktop files, unless it's part of a known good github project or something.

Congratulations OP, welcome to the master race. KDE can be configured to be a clean, productive desktop environment. I keep coming back to it no matter how much I distro hop.

Attached: eva420.png (400x400, 14K)

>this thread
Yep, I’ll stick to my minimalist setup thanks.

>kde framework 4.6
lmao, get rekt "muh stability" fags! openSUSE tumbleweed doesn't use this old packages!

The absolute state of linuxfags

>plasma-framework
>Plasma library and runtime components based upon KF5 and Qt5
>Plasma library and runtime components based upon KF5 and Qt5
> Version 5.60.0 Size 2.4 MB openSUSE Tumbleweed
software.opensuse.org/package/plasma-framework

You were saying? You're probably confused because KDE is on 5.16.3 or something like that, but the frameworks is still 5.6 because it is independently versioned.

oh and the above poster got it wrong
>The bug was discovered by Dominik "zer0pwn" Penner and impacts the KDE Frameworks package 5.60.0 and below.
zdnet.com/article/unpatched-kde-vulnerability-disclosed-on-twitter/

May you see the light too someday.

arch still doesn't have the update for some reason

>that poster got wrong
What a fag!
I thought I'm safe!
Well, probably gonna go back to GNOME.
How's openSUSE with GNOME?
Somehow it feels dirty to think about openSUSE with GNOME DE...

>just don't download any .desktop files
imagine being a linux user and having your entire system destroyed by a single hidden dotfile

I love kde but the exploit is pretty fucking bad man.

Don't go back to GNOME just be careful until it is patched. The asshole went public with it before notifying KDE so they're kinda scrambling right now. Normally they work WITH the vendor so that a patch can be made available before the exploit is well known, but this 1337 h4x0r wanted fame and glory instead of helping. As long as you're on a decent distro (and openSUSE Tumbleweed is one) it will be patched soon.

You rarely download .desktop files and they're usually not hidden.

>they're kinda scrambling right now
KDE actually patched it within an hour. The problem is most distros haven't pushed patches.

Welcome brother! Minimalism is about choice and now you can be minimalistic, bloated, super bloated, bare-minimum - anything you like. Because now, you have a choice... and fuckin impressive productivity.

Welcome brother.