MOMMY SU COMING FOR LEATHER JACKET MAN NEXT

>So there are two GPUs my source told me about – though it’s possible there are more that will launch next year. The first is Navi 21, and the second is Navi 23.

>Navi 23 is the one I’d like to focus on if you don’t mind because this was the GPU that he learnt is known as the ‘Nvidia Killer’ internally. Now, understand this wording from AMD isn’t typical internally, and to his knowledge, this kind of confidence wasn’t shown (internally at least), by AMD Engineers either for Vega or for even Polaris launch.

>He was also told that Dr Lisa Su is apparently targetting Nvidia’s market leadership because she’s growing frustrated for not having an answer to the higher end Nvidia SKUs.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-09 Navi 20 Series is Known Internally As 'The Nvidia Killer' EXCLUSIVE. (821x618, 225K)

>Please be gentle Lisa

Attached: sad-gook.jpg (640x480, 50K)

NOOOOOO

*crying nvidia wojak*

You mean her literal uncle?

>he doesn't hate his uncle
Not going to make it.

Attached: 1561989212924.jpg (574x594, 28K)

>AMD product will be great, says AMD

Why is the feminism cabal ignoring Lisa Su?

Asian nerdy girl, Feminist need Aryan Stacy idols

Good to have some competition going on between two CPU and two GPU manufacturers.

because lisa doesnt like all the feminist "girlz in tech XD" bullshit and she rejects that shit every time they try to push it on her. lisa is the real deal.

She's a bad example for modern feminism because she worked all the way through semicon ladder instead of being hired due to being female.

Fake and gay

She's not black or white. Asian females have shown that their IQ is 1 std deviation above both white/black females.

The Vega II was a 7nm high power high-end card, AMD has consistently come out and said Navi is the low power low-end/mid-end series much like the 580x, The Vega II, despite being 7nm vs Nvidia's 12nm, could only compete with the 2070, hell even their latest card only competes with the 2070 super, despite being smaller it uses far more power, and achieves less FPS, and has no chance when it comes to driver support, and nvidia optimized software suites.

This "Nvidia killer", is it trying to kill the 1660ti in the $200-300 market? Because nobody gives a fuck about low-end, if someone is going to bank on something today they want it to be more powerful than next generations consoles, not something that goes obsolete every day of the week. Even the poorest of college students will go all out and get something like a 2070S/2080 because dropping money on a PC is a lot anyway, most of the time I see these kids running something cheap like a 2nd gen Ryzen 5 or even Ryzen 3 just to afford a high-end gpu rather than the shit at the bottom tier, the shit like navi.

Well, they can always go for the whole china and sk internet cafes market if they can deliver even gtx1070ti power for $100.

I really don't buy into RTX meme.
If the Nvidea was following their release trend then 2080 was supposed to be 11 gb f dram and cost between 400-500$.
Instead they released some RTX meme trend.
Not to mention when it comes to optimalization the 5700 uses RDNA which will be in PS5 and new Xbox.
Which is a big fucking deal as every game developer which will multiplatform will optimize for that.
The only thing RTX was genuinely good for was the way they implemented it for 3d developers, however I am not a developer so I don't give a shit.

Yes.

Let's believe that Gook Su got an "Nvidia killer" after AMD released a shitty GPU for the price of $450 which can barely beat 2070.

And how would you know they ignore her? She is literally part of most feminist agencies in the US, retard. And most gook females look like Asian guys, so most people don't even know she's a female.

This is probably the most autistic thing I've read in this thread, after Asians are the biggest feminazis on this planet. Try again, weebcel.

This is probably the most autistic thing I've read in this thread

No. I won't fall for any more (((sources))).

What inside "source" is paid to overhype Navi like this?

I'll execute my right to remain sceptic to the ((sources)), but seeing how close 5700XT is to 2070 in perf/watt, and assuming Navi is actually scales with core count this might be interesting

Give me a RX 5500/5600 NOW SU

SAVE US MOMMY

Because she ignores them and gets on with her work of leading the biggest corporate turnaround of the 21st century
They only promote those who toe the line and she's too successful to give a fuck

she has a PhD in electrical engineering from MIT, in other words, like the other anons said, she worked her ass off to get to where she is today and it is absolutely disrespectful to her achievements to give her "kudos" just because she is female.

>nobody gives a fuck about the low end
low-mid range is where the money at you egregious cum gurgling faggot.

That's just the cost of the expensive 12nm die, low yields and expensive lithography means higher prices. If the PS5 and Xbone are to use the 5700, which is very likely, then they are already obsolete in comparison to real gaming hardware on a PC. Once Nvidia makes the move to 7nm, and they get their 20-30% jump over this generation with a cheaper, more fleshed out lithography, you may see lowered prices due to lower cost. Remember a business isn't trying to maximize revenue, they are trying to maximize efficiency of cashflow to allow projected growth to occur, meaning if their price wasn't reflective of the cost, they would fall behind on growth, and their sales would have dropped significantly, but it appears that Nvidia's sales are higher than ever and their gross profit has remained about the same in ratio to their projected growth margins.

RTX is the tip of the Nvidia R&D iceberg,you forget their significant contribution to Voxel based global illumination, particle physics, and ambient occlusion with fidelity on par with RTX, but with far less performance impact. Only tombraider and a few others use the technique, but that may change in the advent of new consoles, which will need to produce RTX quality picture to keep up with modern PC graphical engines such as Unreal, but with less hardware resources to work with. Voxel cone tracing is cross platform, but it's Nvidia optimized counterpart is far more advanced and customizable. Remember to not look toward the latest and greatest when it comes to software features, because consoles are designed to work with what feels the most comfortable to developers in order to encourage more games to their platform.

>Low yields

Are you fucking retarded? 12nm is very mature process and yields are close to 90% now

7nm is not mature at all and won't be until 2020

Ok, have fun buying a new GPU next year, and constantly being behind your friend's computers.

Have you seen how large an Nvidia die is?

>and constantly being behind your friend's computers.
i want teenagers out of my Jow Forums, this is getting really ridiculous.

>JUST WAIT
>for the 9000th time
(lol

Let me ask you new friend, who is this?

Attached: ?.png (200x324, 46K)

>this kind of confidence wasn’t shown (internally at least)
am amd fanboy, and "poor volta" still hurts.

Nvidia saw that sleeping on the wheel like Intel would get them into massive trouble, they will never cede an inch to AMD and will be even more aggressive in wiping them out now that Intel is entering the discrete GPU market.

>asshurt Rebecca posting again

Give it a rest holy shit.

Which GPU is that, smallson? The recent AMD releases were $350 and $400.

kek

High end gpus age like milk, you'd be better off saving the money for later to buy a new low-mid range card

Attached: 1540811773680.png (451x220, 32K)

Pretty interesting. Should be good with Nvidia 7nm and hopefully some Ryzen dosh filtering into RTG.

Can someone tell me why any time something is referred to as "______Killer" it always fails to live up to the hype?
I consider it a jinx on your product. No matter who says it.

Reminder that Navi is Raja Koduri's brainchild and the product he finished planning for before leaving AMD.

Direct your poo comments elsewhere.

Around 2022 or 2023 we should finally have GPUs that can handle 4K gaymen with advanced AA and no frame rate issues. Anything between now and then isn't going to be worth the hype.

When will Mommy Su release a new poorfag lineup? Buying a RX 580 seems like a bad purchase so near to what could be its obsolescence.

Attached: 1560787198731.jpg (750x703, 363K)

wasn't that debunked a long time ago?
they are related somehow, but not something as close or significant as an uncle.

I'm more curious about the power figures. We see 220 watts average out of a 5700XT (as per Tom's Hardware)

Either 7nm has improved already or there is some magic behind the efficiency of scaling Navi units, because a 2080Ti matching Navi would have to pull >300watts based on what we already know.

>this kind of confidence wasn’t shown (internally at least), by AMD Engineers either for Vega or for even Polaris launch.

No shit, because they were dogshit

Attached: 1402065566623.jpg (450x450, 43K)

What if that question is
>Can AMD even step up the plate and beat Nvidia for once?
People don't cheer for a silver medal winner.

>here let me show one outlying benchmark to prove my point instead of 20 game averages that are also widely available but do not fit my argument

Attached: 1310429820535.jpg (300x300, 14K)

Clock scaling is a real bitch. Pushing clocks can eat power faster than adding more execution units to a design.
AMD could likely have a 64CU design but clock it lower like 1500-1600mhz peak. They'd only need more ROPs so they wouldn't be pixel limited.

>People don't cheer for a silver medal winner.
this ain't no football match, AMD is the optimal poor-mid fag choice and surprise surprise, there is way more poorfags in the world than rich fags. amazing info isn't it?

oh no what is she going to do to T-Mobile

It's not about female success, It's about getting women to the top while being lazy and having no skills whatsoever.

Holy fucking shit just kys

But even you have to admit, AMD have just relegated themselves eternal 2nd place.
It is such a known fact that they should change the company motto to
>At least i tried
To be honest they should not even think about uttering the words "Nvidia killer".

>AMD have just relegated themselves eternal 2nd place.
as i said, this is no olympics, business is all about that sweet marketshare, I agree with the thing about Nvidia killer though, it is embarrassing.

The optimization argument is fucking stupid, the Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, PS4 / Pro, X360, Xb one / X and AMD still got raped by Nvidia on PC.
The hardware used by consoles doesn't really affect game development as much as people give it credit for, most game developers aren't carmacks and could never achieve "muh optimization" that AMD shills hope for.
AMD just started making competitive hardware again, please don't pull arguments out of your ass when you have plenty of valid arguments to use.

>Nvidia Killer

You mean Intel XE gpu?

Attached: Intel-Xe.jpg (1268x664, 142K)

>Nvidia killer
>when Nvidia slaughters every AyyyMD GPU
The only reason they "beat" Intel is because Intel is still stuck on 2015-2016 tech and they just scaled it up as the years gone by, there's zero new technology from them. They needed 3 Ryzens to finally beat Intel's 14nm++++++++.

Against real competition like Nvidia they get rekt hard that drones cope.

another shill resorted to lying, pathetic.
make it entertaining please, your coworkers are much more creative.

lol, broke boi.

This is just a tech demo, if it were a real product we'd hear more rumors about it. Who is building it? Intel? someone else? The fact that there is zero rumors or tidbits of news on who is making this GPU makes it sound like a tech demo.

>expecting Poo to beat Nvidia
(lol

>Intel Xer
can't be real

Nigga what ? When you develop game for console you literally try to use most of hardware that it has.
And if both major players use the same thing you are going to plan with that in mind.
You may not get optimal performance but you can't squeeze more than system can handle.

Console games are compiled for consoles, PC games are not, and a lot of these ports tend to be handled by 3rd party developers. So in the case of PC games it doesn't matter that much. There are still tons of PC ports of console games which favor Nvidia GPUs.

True, games are developed for console hardware thus ports or PC version are capped at console hardware, it doesnt matter what cpu or gpu the gayming rig has

Asians are honorary white people so they don't count.

Q2 2020 alongside with a new family of 7nm CPUS. Core "I" series will be relegated to discreet computing, more like G Pentium / Celeron.
Screencap for future reference.

>7nm
>2020
>when Intel does not even have 7nm currently, only one fab is 10nm, everything else are 14nm+++++++ and one R&D fab

>high end GPUs age like milk
Meanwhile NVIDIA and AMD are still trying to compete with the 1080ti. Best purchase I ever made.

but they aren't using the same thing, the PS5 is using a Navi based GPU and the Scarlett is "allegedly" using an Arcturus 12, which according to the AMDGPU drivers, is based on Vega.
This brings us to a similar situation we have today, 2 consoles using AMD GPUs which are not identical to each other and we see zero benefits on the PC side, while AMD is still getting raped by Nvidia.

>1080Ti
maximum based, running everything at +100 FPS 1440p.
>inb4 but muh max graphics placebo
I am an adult and I don't need validation from bragging about settings that make no visual difference.

oh my, the bear representing analog tv broadcasting in japan
haven't seen that cute mascot in some time. the digital switch in japan was back in 2011, after all

Attached: anaroguma_01.jpg (200x200, 14K)

1660ti is already killed for price and performance by the RedDragon 56 not even touching the 5700 series -it was a $50 price increase for like 3% worse performance. Or, at least it was when i bought my 56. Partner cards may have changed that.

pedobear is an age filter now? are you retarded or am i just that old
fuck

>Because nobody gives a fuck about low-end
this is how we know you're a retard.

>High end gpus age like milk

The 1080ti is still beating AMDs releases 4 years later.

this
>just want a competitor for the 1660
I might end up buying a used 980 Ti or something instead since those are still faster than a 590 at the same price.

>The Nvidia Killer
lmao, reminder that Intel is releasing GPUs next year as well. AMD must be sweating it since they lost Raja and Keller.

Attached: not a boy.webm (480x480, 616K)

Poor volta

i wanna go 3440x1440 144hz next year and i doubt amd can deliver a 2080ti+20-30% card

when was the last time amd actually released a competitive product compared to nvidia? was it r9 290? it is almost hard to believe that dumpster fire product like r9 290 is probably the best thing amd released in this decade

I doubt nvidia can either. And at their bullshit price I don't even want it.

5700 and 5700 XT were released a month ago. Too bad nvidia doesn't want to compete with them and novidiots will allow that.

hnnnnnng

Bigger than mine and I'm a man

What's the GPU market look like in 2021

Attached: Hello from the future anon.png (1097x65, 7K)

ur about to get rekt by 300 dollar gpus

Attached: relative-performance_1920-1080.png (500x970, 51K)

Who is this?

>AMD is preparing to 'kill' NVIDIA in mid 2020
>like 1.5 years after NVIDIA's current gen would have been released
I hope they're releasing something that's like a 2080 Ti + 50% extra, or else they're going to be 'killed' immediately after as NVIDIA releases whatever they're making next.

>successful engineer and ceo
isn't that hard to figure out
femstemism is only about complaining and whining

Because, she's actually competent.
Read up her education in wiki

The 5700 might have a much cheaper price, but in terms of specifications it directly competes with the outgoing 2070. Same core configuration of 2304:144:64, same texture and pixel fill rates, same gflops, same memory, same tdp. And the 5700 XT is the same twin to the 2070 super. In both instances, the Nvidia cards beat the AMD cards by a significant (10%) margin.

We can extrapolate that out a bit and look at the 2080 super. If we start with a core configuration of 3072:192:64, and scale it up by ~10% to account for the gap Nvidia's tensor cores gives the 2070(super) cards over the 5700 series, that looks like an attainable chip for AMD to design. I've got no doubts that a bigger Navi 20 chip could do this.

But when you look at the absolute monster that TU102 is, with a core configuration of 4352:272:88, there's no way AMD is going to be able to top it by 10% on a brand spanking new process node. That's a fool's quest. The only reason TU102 exists is because it's being produced on an incredibly mature node. If AMD wants to take the "practical" performance crown from Nvidia and beat the 2080 Super, that's within reason. But aiming at the 2080 ti is stupid. It's an out of reach halo product that AMD is better off ignoring than gunning for.

>Navi will finally kill the 1080ti in an game.
AMDfags rejoice years after 1080ti was released.

People say that every lunch, I hope it's true but I don't think nvidia will get caught off guard like intel did

>In both instances, the Nvidia cards beat the AMD cards by a significant (10%) margin.
lmao why are shills blatantly lying

Ti
>maximum based, running everything at +100 FPS 1440p.
>>inb4 but muh max graphics placebo
>I am an adult and I don't need validation from bragging about settings that make no visual difference.

the irony.