Gonna start learning Java, what kind of bullshit am I in for?

Gonna start learning Java, what kind of bullshit am I in for?

Attached: 43044190.jpg (400x400, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rsBmjGProUw
github.com/EnterpriseQualityCoding/FizzBuzzEnterpriseEdition/blob/master/src/main/java/com/seriouscompany/business/java/fizzbuzz/packagenamingpackage/impl/Main.java
github.com/raxod502/TerrariaClone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AbstractFactoryBeanMethodProxy

lots of youtube tutorials made by pajeets

Great, staying to written tutorials because fuck listening to that shit

A lot of Public int Private Void Protected bullshit

Visibility is a nice feature though.

A virtual machine that moves your shit around in memory.

A lot.
Also don't learn it as your first language, or you will turn into an horrid programmer.

Don't worry, not my first langauge, not that fucking stupid, learned C# first.
I have a faint idea what this is and it terrifies me

youtube.com/watch?v=rsBmjGProUw

What

>Don't worry, not my first langauge, not that fucking stupid, learned C# first.

Attached: 11df4e.jpg (505x567, 37K)

>tfw learned Java in highschool
took years to unfuck myself

A lot of abstraction.

just post more anime screenshots with this style

The written word cannot convey the insanity that is Java, only pangeeshkanal can

>learned C# first.
why the fuck would you learn java then?
learn something that will boost your knowledge, C or C++ for example, or something useful like JS-shit and js-frameworks

It’s called 90’s OVAs. I recommend Gunsmith Cats and Armitage III

>Don't worry, not my first langauge, not that fucking stupid, learned C# first.
well ok if you already know C#, this is just a slightly worse version of that. Most concepts in C# have an exact analogue in java

thanks!

Attached: h.jpg (540x370, 45K)

>A lot of Public int Private Void Protected bullshit
Which is actually quite easy once you understand what to use when

If you already know C#, don't bother with it, because it doesn't have enough destinct benefits to make it worth it for you. This is coming from a Java developer. Unless you want to use a framework like Eclipse Vert.x, just don't bother.

kek, this
github.com/EnterpriseQualityCoding/FizzBuzzEnterpriseEdition/blob/master/src/main/java/com/seriouscompany/business/java/fizzbuzz/packagenamingpackage/impl/Main.java

Learn python

Better*

Attached: 1544263288334.png (544x540, 390K)

Shitty language that's even slower than Java

If you're using it professionally it's super comfy because the language itself is really predictable and simple enough that reading other people's code is quite straight forward. Additionally the ecosystem is full of high quality libraries under a bsd-style license for just about anything. Tooling is also excellent with great IDE support and several build and CI systems to choose from.

If you're a student you will use it to write basic algorithms and stupid inventory management systems so you won't actually get to enjoy all that goodness and you will just be frustrated at the verbosity compared to more modern scripting languages. Also teachers are fucking retarded and will teach you Java 6 tier idioms even though the language has evolved significantly in the last 10 years, making it look much worse that it actually is nowadays.

Once everything dotnet-core compatible and cross platform, I'll probably switch to C#. Right now the fastest backend frameworks are in Java so I use that.

wait im new here why is learning java as your first langauge bad?

imho java is better ecosystem wise, worse syntax sugar wise

Exactly. Java has its flaws, but it has its high points. Java 8 fixed a bunch of the 90s-tier bullshit that people were annoyed about.

It's too high level. Better to learn lower level langs so you can understand the underlying programming principles.

what are some lower level languages?
Im only here for /csg/ so Im not really a programmer guy but I know a little MATLAB, any other eaay to learn (but still useful langs?)

Wrong

C/C++

Rust

Hello sir, source cod for video sir please do the kindful

Java (both as a language and as a runtime) is inferior in almost every way to C#.

This is pretty accurate. C# would probably have a better ecosystem if M$ didn't have it closed off for so long. Hopefully more dotnet-core adoption will have that change.
>I am Microsoft, I'm gonna use Java!
Thanks, Sun
>Oooh, I'm going to add Windoze-only features :3
Fuck
>Time to make closed-source Java clone called C#

Anyone remember GNU GCJ? I wish that had been developed more. Having a native Java compiler was super cool.

Nowadays what people want to do is compile it to JS anyway :)

github.com/raxod502/TerrariaClone
Is this your repo by any chance?

lol no

I read it.
I need an adult.

Attached: Screenshot_21.png (382x714, 381K)

desu OP Java is a terrible language, and if you already learned C# definitely not worth your time. If you want to continue with Object oriented, you might want to have a look at Scala.
But in my opinion functional languages are much nicer to work with, so I'd recommend having a look at Lisp if you want to use a really powerful language, or javascript if you want a language that just permits all your beginner mistakes.

what anime is this from?

graalvm

Gunsmith cats
3 OVA’s, worth a watch

Will be a student, but it's a course more aimed at the proffessional sector so I'll probably get a little of both

There is only one and only one java expert,durgasoft

Java is a good language and a lot of the people that shit on it are ignorant. That being said, it does have downsides (for example, it's an absolutely massive language and its standard library is massive too). Trade offs.

why?

true and kek'd
OOP except made even more useless than something like Python. Learn Python instead user. It's not good, but atleast it's better than Java.

Your going to begin and do it for maybe 2 days and then you will stop because of some excuse or being “too busy”

if you actually read the java language spec, you'll have a leg up on 90% of other java coders
also check out java concurrency in practice and effective java

>what sort of bullshit
Java

Also you should get used to terms like "do the needful" which normally means - you need to make shit work, and no i don't give a fuck about how hard it is, or if it is even possible.

>which normally means - you need to make shit work, and no i don't give a fuck about how hard it is, or if it is even possible
welcome to having a job

When your engineer says - "don't fucking do that! the plane will literally nose dive into the fucking ground killing everyone" and you ignore him and pass the job to some 5 dollar an hour indian dev group who will just "do the needful" - people fucking die.

So you can take that shit and shove it up your ass. It's the reason everything is fucking terrible in the world.