Is duckduckgo of noticeably lower quality than google?

Is duckduckgo of noticeably lower quality than google?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x317, 26K)

Unfortunetly... yes, but I use it anyway

Yes, which is why I still use Google. Better to have my search tracked and get what I'm looking for, than to find all irrelevant shit.

>using shitty botnet instead of decent botnet that will get your data regardless

>Ddg
>Google
only when ddg doesn't give me what i want
>Yandex
for images

You know duckduck is owned by google, yes? No escape user.

No it's not

It's not that good. I use it with the Google bang more often than I'd like to admit

>Yandex
Personally ran by vladmir poontang

>techlet detected

What
(Google owns like duck.com or something but not DDG itself)

id happily play in mr poontangs playground if it meant i can use a good image reverse search that actually crawls websites, russian style
>what is russian style?
crawling whether the site owner wants it or not

Ddg is also powered by google search APIs

Russians > CIA kikes

Just use Startpage

Yes. Which is I use Google - it's the best search engine out there. If you don't use Google due to some invented paranoid fear then you have a mental illness and you should see a doctor.

I tried Bing for a bit, and it's okay. It's probably the best alternative to Google. But it still isn't as good as Google. So I have literally zero reason to use it. It's just a worse Google.

Attached: google logo.jpg (1000x1000, 31K)

Welcome to the thread, Mr CIA.

Do you have paranoid schizophrenia perchance?

With any other company on this planet I can get some dumb teenagers falling for the "We are private" meme, but out of all those you specifically pick the one whose owners previous business consisted of scraping as much personal data as possible and then bulk selling it.

How do people expect any service that is hosted in the US to be private? How fucking retarded are you idiots or are you Just 12 ?? They are BY LAW required to keep logs else literally can't do business in the US. That's why all those giants like FB Google etc have offices in Ireland because GDPR requires them to literally delete data if requested by EU citizens which would non ironically be illegal under US law.

no, in fact it's better than google in my opinion. I don't mean for "muh privacy" I mean the search algorithm is legitimately better

90% of the time DuckDuckGO is the same. Occasionally for something obscure I need to use Google for a search. This happens rarely.

That’s because it offhands search to google, user

out of the search engines availible, I think it's the least shit.
it's probably best to use it over tor and so on.
I care more about not censoring results and having a working image search

As part of a Mechanical Turk kinda gig I actually used to compare the quality of Google's results to other search engines
Google almost always beat the shit out of the other engines, honestly off the top of my head the only time I remember them scoring lower is because I guess for a time they were experimenting with putting a first result like "Why do you want another search engine, use google" if the user searched for a competitor (seriously lol) and by the letter of the law in their rating guide that made for a more negative experience
Depends if you're willing to sell your soul and identity for a better service

Yandex has better image searching than Google does.
Everytime I use Google it always return generic stuff.
>manga
>anime
>girl

I've had higher chances of identifying the image with Yandex desu.

>Everytime I use Google it always return generic stuff.
Intentionally so, the generic answers are inoffensive.

Google is fucking awful not only because its search tries to predict and sell you shit based on Google's profile of you which gives you bad results, but also it's gathering a profile on you.
Don't use Google. Fuck Google.

Google completely fucked up image searching, I have no idea why
It was perfect but somewhere in the 2010s they enforced keyword matching rather than just matching the source image, which always fucks up the results if you're actually trying to find a specific image and not using it to find similar stock photos of "professional woman" like some sort of retard

Yes