Zen 3 In Production Zen 4 Underway

Someone STOP HER
I can't take the "Just wait for..." memes any more!

Attached: 1552961062482.png (637x905, 428K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect
pcgamesn.com/amd-battlefield-5-hardware?amp
servethehome.com/amd-epyc-7002-series-rome-delivers-a-knockout
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I mean Intel still outperforms AMD even though AMD is 7nm smaller... and seeing that that gap will close to 3nm soon I don't know if there's much zen3/4 can do

they're virtually the same size brainlet, 'Xnm' is marketing numbers

>still outperforms
It's not 2011 anymore.

Oy vey!

>still outperforms
sorry rabbi

Attached: file.png (730x212, 17K)

Only in thermal output.

Wow okay
I was gonna buy a 3700X on Christmas but I guess I won't
Fucking hell Lisa calm down

All CPU manufacturers start designing their CPUs years in advance.

Let's not get too carried away. It's still AMD we're talking about here. I hope it's a great success and all, but how many designs have they come out with that have beat Intel? A handful at best. This is coming from a guy who just bought a new 3700X and probably will get a GPU too when the 5800XT comes out.

Wait for Zen 3

Attached: 1563884155644.jpg (960x960, 212K)

it means usually a year. Zen 2 design was done in January 2018, for comparison.

yes it is

Attached: 1565425541927.jpg (2560x1440, 237K)

>2080ti
>1080p
lol

?

No one cares about your synthetic tests.

I will buy a Zen 3, third time's the charm as they say

Meanwhile where are the embedded ITX boards? I want some for a small home server.

Nice cherrypicking

Daily reminder that programmers are not qualified to talk about hardware design, especially ICs.

Can't wait for Intel and Nvidia to take their gloves off so that this AMDpajeets and their "David fight Goliath" delusions are destroyed.

Niggas...Intel and Nvidia have been holding it back because they already had massive architectural advantage and it is not good business to go all out when you're already the king.

AMD is the new VIA deal with it.

Without AMD you'd be paying 1000$ for a 4-core Skylake and 1500$ for a 750Ti in 2019. Competition is good for consumers, stop being a blind fanboy.

Whatever helps you sleep at night kike

Tigerlake is already ready as well, just TMG fucking up.

Buying any of those CPUs, pairing it with a 2080ti and playing at only 1080p is basically a synthetic test, no one is going to spend so much money to play at such low settings.

Yes but in order for that to happen, a bunch of mongs had to get punked into buying AMD and are now stuck with shit-tier computers.

t. faggot who games at 60 fps

And that affects you how exactly?

Post pics of your 300hz monitor.

they patched wwz right after the reviews released and now it's within a couple of percentage of the 9900k but okay,sure whatever. May i suggest farcry for your next attempt to save face.

Your eyes can't see past 30 fps

Nobody is holding back. The question is which companies have big gains in the pipeline. 10nm is questionable and the ice lake core doesn't seem to be a huge win either. NV has 7nm GPUs coming next year that are guaranteed to increase their lead over navi.

Shilling is so much more complicated now with Zen 2. Back in the Zen 1 days all you had to do was bring up price to performance and that was it. Now you have to type all this bullshit.

There's pretty much no reason to get anything more than a 3600 for gaming unless you buy a 2080ti and want the last percentage points of performance. There's your price/performance argument.

WAIT FOR INTEL 7NM SUPERSHITTER 2030 AMD BTFO

Go limit your favourite game to 30fps and come back to tell us how there's no difference.

This. Intel requires a $1500 video card, $150 AIO, $300 motherboard. It's a straight up robbery.

the human eye doesn't see in fps, therefore any fps is invisible,
proof's me wroung's

I first heard that in a forum dedicated to a sim game called "Grand Prix Legends" (game that was locked to 30fps) many many years ago and some guy who was actually a scientist in a discipline related to human vision completely destroyed that with science and provided the proofs.

Eventually the 2080ti or an equivalent will be cheap. When that happens, if you have an Intel, you won't have to upgrade your CPU and will just be able to use your existing CPU. If you have an AMD you'll have to replace everything and reactivate Windows.

I'm sorry that you got punked into buying AMD.

You're right. It needs a kosher stamp of approval and an ME to operate faster.

Attached: 1564179135837.png (326x250, 33K)

So a theoretical 5-10% jump in performance in x years when you decide to upgrade your graphics card is worth more than having a clearly better performing system today? It's very obvious that for example a 3600 with an RTX 2080 is a better value for gaming than a 9900k with a 2070. Of course I've already saved $150 on a new motherboard since x370 actually has an upgrade path.

Yes but 2080ti may be equal to a rtx4060 about 3 years from now and most people keep their rigs for 5+ years

Any reason why they are skipping a Zen 2+ stage? Zen 3 isn't a die shrink, as far as I can tell, so what does it bring that makes it not a refined Zen 2 just like Zen + was a refined Zen?

You could make the same argument for overkilling your GPU and swapping the CPU out later instead. Get a 3600 and a water cooled 2080ti and buy an r7 5700x in a couple years. It's stupid because price/performance always drops the further up the product stack you go. Best to buy a balanced machine and upgrade incrementally.

peak autism has been recorded

Shilling is getting hard, isn't it?

Zen+ happened because big updates like Zen 2 take a couple years to get ready. They didn't have the money or the complete Zen design to work with so we got a tweaked version that year. Zen 3 is on a slightly better process so the big gains in performance will have to be architectural. Nobody outside of AMD knows what they will do to the architecture yet.

t. faggot who games

Then you should buy a 3900x because future games will be better optimized in terms of multithreading.

Since I've read the imaginary white papers on Zen 3 I'm not legally allowed to tell you that it's getting double wide threading and further reduced power consumption by stacking cache with SOI.

The next gen consoles are almost certainly only 8 cores. Games won't scale far past that for the most part. They will be on some Zen variant though so you'll get some efficiency gains from that.

I find it funny how so many anons on Jow Forums are people who can afford high end CPUs and GPUs...get the fuck out of here LARPers.

There are already games that use 12 cores.

Tiny minority of games scale past 6 cores today. The situation will get better in the next couple years. Anything less than 8 cores with SMT will suffer but scaling past 8 cores will still be uncommon. The 3900x isn't a good buy for a purely gaming focused system.

SOMEONE STOP LISA

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect

It's only ever worth buying a CPU when transistors shrink
You don't have to wait for a new generation if it's on the same process

Always buy CPUs and GPUs when transistors shrink and you'll always be fine.

honestly great advice

Zen 4 is the one that will offer the big gains in performance

More cores per chiplet
6 nm EUV node
New socket arch
DDR5
PCIe 5.0
and many other things

Attached: Zen4.jpg (608x449, 32K)

If RAM speed doesn't make a difference today why would it make a difference with DDR5?
PCIe 4.0 isn't useful today either

Yea I don’t give a shit about gorillan pci lanes or even a dedicated GPU, I want my programming box

Something like the intel NUC but with AMD

>spending $1500 to play at 2005 resolutions

Attached: 1520544973154.jpg (902x960, 119K)

Difference for DDR5 on the mainstream platform is probably more about the 50%+ higher fabric clock. The extra bandwidth could help feed something like a 24 core CPU on dual channel though. I agree PCIe 3 will be good enough for normies until PCIe 6 comes out. It's more of a workstation and server thing.

8 cores will be the required minimum in the near future. For a better experience you will need more cores.
Games are becoming more and more demanding. Ray-tracing, for example, strains the GPU as well as the CPU.
The 3900x is a better buy.
Even Intel's going to release 10-core mainstream CPUs soon.

>If RAM speed doesn't make a difference today why would it make a difference with DDR5?
Well, it'd allow them to make more powerful APUs

Ray tracing loads the GPU down a whole lot and the CPU relatively little. If anything it shifts the balance toward buying a faster graphics card. I don't see any reason to believe most of the AAA games will make much use of anything more than the 8 core 16 thread next generation console hardware. Same way very few of them use more than the 8 threads on the current gen consoles.

enjoy your 60 fps gaming

>8 cores will be the required minimum in the near future.
no
>Ray-tracing, for example, strains the GPU as well as the CPU.
no

Zen 3 can't come soon enough.

Attached: 3700X.jpg (2503x1358, 360K)

Im running a 2600 which doesnt bottleneck my rtx2080 in 95% of the time. And i payed 270 euros for cooler and cpu and gpu. Just the 8700k would cost me 460 euros at the time. How exactly did I get punked?

Attached: 1559213473753.png (888x894, 714K)

>2600 which doesnt bottleneck my rtx2080

Yes it does, you're getting bottlenecked HARD

Attached: 1561563554391.png (898x882, 108K)

A 3700X can be OC'd to get close to the 9900K in single thread and beats it handily in multithreaded workloads. Where it loses is in memory latency which games rely upon (at least games running on older game engines). My lowest latency I have been able to achieve is 74-75ms. I believe intel can be in the mid 50's and 60's. Also you have to factor in Intel (and Nvidia) bias during game development. Perhaps Intel is easier to code for and game devs code towards the largest user base which is still Intel (laptops especially so).

That's a 2080ti not a 2080 and he's probably not playing at 1080p. Even the pretty weak processors on that chart get a usable 60 FPS. It's a good example of why you don't need a very fast CPU for games.

>60 FPS

I'm terribly sorry that you're forced to play at such shit-tier framerates due to getting punked by a bunch of AMD shills.

>mfw 1080p 144Hz powered by Ryzen 3700X and 2060 Super
>mfw just works
keep seething

Attached: -[Asenshi] Little Witch Academia - 02 [4DD0C969].mkv-2017-01-16_13-12-27error557.png (500x500, 142K)

If your motivating factor for buying a high end PC is slightly lower input lag in a single player FPS you're very autistic and a little bit retarded.

>2060S
hold still

Attached: 1565431424862.jpg (350x350, 35K)

pcgamesn.com/amd-battlefield-5-hardware?amp
>What we have done with our DXR implementation is we go very wide on a lot of cores to offload that work
Ray-tracing loves cores. Because of it BF5 was optimized for 6c12t CPUs specifically.
Now we have relatively affordable 12+ core CPUs. Developers are going to make use of them.

I thought we were discussing CPUs here

Attached: 1483356640843.jpg (640x736, 65K)

>5GHz
Enjoy your boiling temperature CPU.

Attached: HAHAHA.jpg (720x758, 116K)

so if I don't jump on Zen 2 by December/January I should just wait for Zen 3?

Developers optimize for CPU performance on the consoles 95% of the time. The other 5% will run great on a 16 core. I know what I'm weighing more heavily

You could wait forever; they're going to keep making CPUs. What you buy depends entirely on your budget and what you need it for. By the end of the year I imagine prices will fall a bit, and when Zen 3 launches all the previous CPUs are gonna get significant price cuts.

Wait for Zen 17

Attached: 1550578681504.jpg (756x315, 45K)

If you're on an AM4 board already I wouldn't buy Zen 2. Otherwise you could easily jump on it in 6 months without regret.

OH NONONONOONONO GOYIM

Attached: KEK.png (742x93, 42K)

Imagine buying a high end desktop PC in 2019 and gaming at 60 fps. I'd probably kill myself if I got punked so hard.

enjoy your pixelated garbage

servethehome.com/amd-epyc-7002-series-rome-delivers-a-knockout
NO BRAKES ON THE LISA TRAIN

Ahh 480p, the true intel gaming experience.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

It's well known that the Far Cry engine doesn't like AMD processors.

You got punked by AMD. Don't defend the people who punked you, that's some cuck shit.

Repeating the words punk and cuck doesn't make Far Cry a good benchmark. Why not use CSGO? O-oh...

17Ghz
48 cores
cures cancer
2 watts
$15

Trust me I'm a shill

>It's the Far Cry spammer

t. faggot who doesn't know about 1440p or ultrawide.

we can't let these antisemitic nazis win

A 2080ti with a Ryzen 3600 runs everything at 150+ fps except Far Cry 5(110fps) and AC:Odyssey(100fps and it runs just as bad on any intel)
1080p is pretty much a synthetic benchmark for high end PCs

imagine buying high end intel and nvidia to play at 1080p lmao

Back to r/AMD with you.