Do you look optimistically into the technological future?

or do you think you'll find yourself in some cyberpunk dystopia when you're 60?

Attached: 1564415894024.jpg (1576x1986, 457K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5WPB2u8EzL8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes.
Once we hit technological singularity it won't matter if we reached it through dystopia or utopia.

>implying we aren't in a cyberpunk dystopia right now

We're kind of in the pre-stages of dystopia, sorta that tipping point where it could be stopped but for whatever reason, it isnt happening.

This is only the demo version though.
We'll be getting the full relase by the Elite somewhere during this century.

We're on a bleak trajectory if you look at the science. It'll be biopunk not cyberpunk. It's pretty obvious: cyberpunk is largely about capitalism and IT but the biggest problems (and developments) are in the realm of synthetic biology, pathogens/antibiotic-resistance, overpopulation/food, overconsumption, climate change and so on.

Attached: 20190719-195355-pr0totYperspktve-id3319152.jpg (1920x1080, 590K)

Well it could impact the singularity position toward us.

Not sure if cyberpunk, but dystopia for sure

It might, or it might work the opposite way. Who knows.

Attached: 1455664453795.jpg (1920x1080, 1015K)

If we assume that something like this could happen: why do people assume there's but one singularity? There are many ways e.g. intelligent machines or emulations can be reached. They could be built in many ways and maybe they can't solve any large problems. Who is building AI right now for what purpose? For example now it's to a large extent competing tech giants for basically surveillance (e.g. for targeted ads) and virtual gaming of virtual numbers (money) with the intention of profit which is gaming for some more virtual numbers. Our system is ridicolously flawed and techoptimists don't see much of a problem with it. Any of its products and gears will just operate by the system's logic which is competition, profit-motive and maximum consumption/resource-extraction and not efficient problem-solving. Effectively making the problems worse. For example runaway technological progress can exacerbate culture lags and provide for weapons, extraction-methods and sideeffects/externalities-ridden tools and methods which will make everything collapse even faster and more catastrophically and maybe even make us go extinct.
Basically we don't have time to waste. You're going to get judged by newer generations by the age of 60 for what you did when you had or could have had the knowledge now.

Attached: 0khEHxa.jpg (850x1027, 477K)

I'm 44yo grandpa. Future was huge letdown for me. Other than mobile phones future really failed to deliver anything.
Only things I can think of which would be really cool to small me are probably drones, MRI machines and those electric scooters everyone uses these days, not because of tech but cyberpunk vibe to it.
Cars still have wheels, planes look absolutely the same, mid century modernist architecture is for me superior to what we have today.
I'm deeply disappoint.

Attached: 1542658460117269550.jpg (765x975, 243K)

I would say next big thing will be genetic engineering breakthrough and after that machine-brain interface and after that physical world will lose it's importance.

>Once we hit technological singularity
"No!"
youtube.com/watch?v=5WPB2u8EzL8

Yes. Especially these cute little roach removers.

Attached: гифки-пауканы-слава-роботам-5373140.webm (444x250, 1.03M)

this is because the elite and the technocracy they have created to achieve their vision for the future is not a future based on gibsonian cyberpunk values but on a morally bankrupt idea of progress and post-human egalitarianism. its not about improving man with technology, it is about limiting what man can do with technology

the future is bioshock, not cyberpunk, except instead of 20,000 leagues under the sea you're 20,000 subscribers under the minimum visibility value for corporate society

Attached: bio.jpg (1920x1061, 273K)

western gate of belgrade

I'm 63 and already it's a technological dystopia. People letting what any anonymous idiot posts influence their opinion, letting the market decide what they need, trusting their 'phones rather than their 5 senses... Yeah, we're there.

i want boomers out of my internet.

this
We are already in it. Normalfags will deny it but they are brainwashed to believe not only the greatest tragedy to humanity hasn't already happened, the ones responsible don't even see themselves as the villains they know they are, not sure if for naivety or just plain Psycopathy.

It's not *your* internet. We're just letting you play on it...

Man do I love brutalism. Wish it was more widespread, though.

visit belgrade :D

This

We're already in a major dystopia because of idiots who have embraced goddamn motherfucking cellphones.
Fuck this society full of idiots who want to be tracked and spied on.

BELGRADEEE
Pls don't encourage anyone, it awful what government did to him
Majku im jebem, sad smrdi ceo grad

Hi,
I`m more or less with you..
But please take this in mind.
You write this as an for me anonymous person and I agree.
Maybee this way of beeing influenced could be an way of beeing really informed (enlighted).
Sorry for my english).

Technology has already peaked.
Young people have zero interest in learning how technology works, so in 30 years time all know-how will be lost and people will go back to doing manual labor.

I don't consider myself especially enlightened. I've just lived with and embraced technology for almost 40 years and call them as I see them. There's nothing wrong with tech - I love it. The problem is the way it's being used/abused.

this

Yes thats totaly right.
I want to refer to the post above yours.
It`s the way of how to deal with tech. it is nothing new for us.
But I have hopes .
There are people who find new ways to "play" with tech and are working with it and don`t only use it like the smobies you can see everywhere.
Btw. I`m from a time wehre the BTX and mailboxing was something extremly new thing.
I was soo happy when I got a device that could send 300 Bauds over my copper.....