>guy cosplaying as anime character
>comsci = gayming
>unironically talking about memes irl
>female incels
>below 18/ above 25 bmi
>soiiboiis overcompensating with "personality"
>discord
>"""""""""""""""introverts""""""""""""""""""""""

What was your experience like anons? Any tips?

Attached: 1561146775840.jpg (550x422, 35K)

>What do you mean user? You know I never attended college.

Attached: 1563844433963.png (680x760, 191K)

Should have gone the MIS route with all the other chads.

My experience was 90% of people being too dumb for programming and dreaming to become code-monkeys for some big corp. Also these people would get drunk often and would be very boring to talk to 100% of the time.
That was still much better than what you're describing.

>greasy hair
>trenchcoats and fedoras
>a few trannies
>kid wearing a tail
>kid with naruto headband
>irl memespeak
Avoid these people.

>people enjoing their youth
>OP being a mad embittered faggot whose 24 going on 60

On the second semester most of the trash has dropped out.

>>people enjoing their youth
>>guy cosplaying as anime character
kek

If not this, it is after the first year or two when the trash reaches the higher level math classes.

>The incel that cares too much about a bunch of 20 years old

>let's try CS
>normalfags everywhere
>what's your facebook lol
>90% of people are on 9gag during lectures
>look at my web app
>java as intro to programming
>indian_guru_certified_java_programmer.jpeg
>sóy infused hackatons
>diversity and inclusion posters everywhere: django girls xo xo xo, no bois allowed :3
I gave up and went to do EE instead.

Be true to yourself and your own beliefs.

Respect the choices and lifestyles of others.

Talk and get to know them. If you can't be friends then at least be sociable and approachable.

Don't be a dick.

nice, now go back to plebbit

>EE
I should've done this too. Luckily most of the trash was sorted out in the math and algorithm courses in the first year.

>chad thundercock just got back from a workout, didn't even shower he just puts his feet up and lifts his arms behind his head to let his scent waft around him, boots up his thinkpad and starts hacking away with vim right away
>at least 7 awkward guys who don't speak but they just note everything down and sometimes quietly nudge each other and laugh about things, usually when the professor isn't doing something as good as they would
>stacy who works on her freelance jobs while she's in school, earning 100k before she even has a job, looks hot as fuck and is always flirting with chad

>caring about other people in your classes
I was focusing on trying not to flunk out. My class started with around 500 and when I graduated we had around 20. Everyone who made it though though ended up doing really well.

Fuck you.

I'm pretty sure there are some fucking "oddities" in OP's CS class but I'm sure this person is the one everyone thinks will grab the shotgun and postal the class when the pressure gets too much.

Fat, Sad, lonely and bitter is no way to go through life son.

Reddit spacing

RSA typing course in the 90's, fuckstick.

Never been on Reddit in my life but I have a feeling you're a regular visitor to the site.

kek, at least live by your principles.
>Don't be a dick.

How did you go from...
>Respect the choices and lifestyles of others.
>If you can't be friends then at least be sociable and approachable.
>Don't be a dick.

to...
>Fuck you.
>Fat, Sad, lonely and bitter is no way to go through life son.

>haha better go tell all my le Jow Forumsentlemen friends about my first day at college
fuck off

Don't worry user. You'll have saved up enough money someday

I'm in EE but some of our courses are cross listed in CSE and those classes are like visiting the zoo. Most of the real specimens sit in the back and play overwatch on their laptops though so I don't generally have to interact with them.

For group work I just find a FOB gook who will gladly let me do 100% of the work to my standards. I went through an entire fpga lab course having had maybe 2 conversations and a handfull of emails with this Chinese broad. Can't even remember her name. Easy A.

The CSE 3000+ level courses at my University have a sort of infamous reputation as being the hardest shit ever but I honestly believe it is because nearly all of the CSE majors are fucking retarded weebs. It really is a valid stereotype around here. The defense industry scouts and hires heavily from this place. It's mind boggling.

>it's another "college CompSci students are so pathetic haha bitches don't know about my Jow Forums"
Protip: half of those "losers" see you exactly how you see them, and a surprising amount of them visit Jow Forums too.

Attached: 00000IMG_00000_BURST20190502180810238_COVER_1.jpg (942x1013, 183K)

yesy

Attached: e0stFTO.png (800x800, 84K)

same here kek

Is it really that bad? I'll be starting CS in a few years when I'm 30.

What school?

UCONN

Same experience here. Going into third year so we finally have more separation between us and the unwashed masses. Thank dog.

I'm friends with a South India. He's super smart and helps me get through the classes. Then again I did skip introduction to programming

EE is for the white male, you can always take programmimg courses

I'm glad I graduated CS in 2007, before all this cancer settled in

EE is filled with indians and chinks. Study biology if you want whiteness

True. HOWEVER, study EE if you want a job.

That's your competition OP. Just don't be a retard and you're leagues above these people in terms of finding a job and being successful.

Ayy same. I'm doing Comp E tho and somehow I'm doing better in programming and software classes than most of the CS undergrads.

I'm pretty sure every freshman in my school went into cs for the money. they were all normies trying to work at faang or finfag

>kid wearing a tail
I wish I did this freshman year. now I'm too old and ugly to even bother.

CE is a good option too if you want more software than EE

> people thinking they are hot shit for knowing how to code but no fucking idea on how to use a computer.

>female
>incel
pick one

You don't know OP. He might be a school-shooting incel.

Good for you. At a real job you won't be able to avoid people though.

ye i dont get that one either.

I immediately went to my advisor and switched to MIS

filled with chink females

Welcome to computing enjoy your stay.

EE master race

EE with a CS minor, honestly not worth the minor.
The sperg levels between CS and EE varied, but CS had higher average autism levels for sure. You could tell that half of the people in the intro class were memelord brainlets, and many didn't make it to the higher algorithm classes. My current job requires no CS knowledge, and any EE should have enough coding experience to perform their job successfully, without any need of higher algorithm knowledge

>Let's go for a CS degree.
>where?
>Let's go to China for one.
>international CS class has niggers and mudslims
> Two mutts in the class, one can program, the other one only says so
>Ruskie with the highest GPA can't code
>Bangladeshis are worse than hyenas, steal ideas, steal material, threaten
>Niggers find excuses nto to do anything
>Mutts and leafs suffer from superiority complex
As for the chinkies
>Chinese classmates suck in a lot of info, can't diverge from material, can't come up with anything different.
>Data Structures and algorithms project, all chinks choose the same topic.
>Can't make eye contact, can't communicate, behave like 11 year olds
>Stare at phone all day
And of course, the professors...
>Don't prepare their own classes, literally rip off western Uni PPTs
>One guy improvised an entire course when he was substituting
>C++ "professor" can't explain the concept of a class, shows us a video of a paki writing text on a piece of paper with ukulele music in the background
>out of 23 professors so far, the Calculus and Data Structures professor are the ONLY ones who know how to teach, all the others are here because they have to
I'm eastern European, I've paid a fortune out of my own pocket to study here, they're screwing me sideways and my investment has zero return. I watch MIT videos for the lectures. We don't have available textbooks, as they're out of print or only in Chinese.

Attached: 1559595074165.jpg (253x199, 6K)

jesus fucking christ dude what the hell? the US isn't that bad...

Computer science students are terrible. Really unpleasant people who think they know everything and have no hobbies outside of videogames.

Just tough it out. The really obnoxious ones with poor hygiene can't pass interviews. The majority of software engineers I know are pretty cool people.

Attached: computer_science.gif (320x240, 2.42M)

One upside is that there aren't any fags or SJWs here. Blacks are actual Africans and they're much more relaxed than the ones from US or Canada.

I'm going to a public university (24k students, 85% acceptance rate) to major in Cybersecurity ... I got a full ride though so no other choice really.

How fucked am I

Post a pic of your lecture hall.

This, also you don't get mouthbreathers there

t. compeng

Come August 26th, I will. That's when the semester begins.

Why the fuck would you ever think this is a good idea? You are legitimately retarded and deserve everything you have coming your way.

Nice reddit spacing retard, you ousted yourself.

Who the fuck says it is a good idea!? State surveys place the Uni in the top 20! You'd think that it's gotta be a really good place!

The problem with Chinese Universities is that getting a degree is seen as the only way to become employable (without resorting to sweatshop labour) in China. The consequence of this is that the parents are forced to pay exorbitant fees to send their kid to university, which may or may not even provide a decent education, they're just here to take their money.

My experience so far is that it's easier to talk to people about whatever because most people are somewhat autistic. The stigma of people in IT being extremely autistic made it easier to befriend people since everyone kind of helps eachother socially.

If you're just starting I'd advice getting to know as many people as possible and waiting a bit. If your university/college is any good then most useless students will be filtered out in no time. You'll be left with people who are actually good and interested in CS, which should make things a lot easier.

Most importantly, if you're not actually an austist and know what you're talking about: help the people in your class

>a few trannies
Why are there so many tans-woman in CS, CompE, and maths?
Not even trying to be an ass about it or anything just haven't seen nearly as many in any other schools like literature, drama, chemistry, or history.
Just CS, CompE, and maths.

Attached: 1561523120416.png (779x933, 489K)

The real question is why aren't there any trannies in my class? Closest I got is a bisexual, but he's a fat weeb and a hard pass

A chink pays 500USD a year for a Bachelor's degree. Dorm costs 140USD per month.
One problem is their culture or lack thereof. They learn by repetition, they don't discuss, they don't use any creativity techniques and don't handle conflict all that well.
>Listen to the professor
>study for exams
>do homework
>study for exams
>don't try to understand and improvise
>study for exams
Heck, there are thousands of chinks with IELTS/TOEFL who sound like literal retards due to their sentence structure and word choice. Pronunciation is irrelevant.

They are taking my money, yes, but I am getting a slice back, thanks to the scholarship I get.
I wish I knew what this place was like before I applied, and I did talk to a few people, but my standards and theirs were different.

Attached: 1540988533754.png (320x258, 112K)

I don't take sloppy gay or bi men seriously. Half the point of liking dick is putting effort into trying to be cute.

I'm heading into CS next month, I know this sounds retarded but do I seriously need to buy a laptop to make lecture notes or could I stick to pen and paper?

Would you call me delusional if I told you I was going to fix everything?

I've been to 5 interviews with medium to big companies for jobs ranging from webdev, databasing, testing, dev ops and security, and I have yet to be asked ANY technical question that involves me having to whiteboard any code or send them code samples. They just ask basic ass questions like "have you heard of this? If so, what does it do?" And then explain what they do at the company.

All those fucking videos online about LEARN THESE ALGORITHMS AND HOW TO WHITEBOARD CODE FOR INTERVIEWS have not been put to use fucking once.

Dependin on the professor. I know ive had profs do exams that you either turn in code online before class is over or you bring up hand written code.

And laptops are just useful. I bought a cheap open-box laptop for 300 and it got me through college easy.

should've taken pictures

pen and paper for notes, laptop for computiering

How can there be so many people on a vietnamese rice-fisher board fishing for compliments so bad.

i guess that everyone who responded to this ancient pasta are just pretending

Attached: cc447461.jpg (1273x703, 75K)

Your going to want to buy a laptop eventually so you can start learning about linux.
At some point in your curriculum you're going to have an OS class and many of your peers are going to fail it because they've only ever used windows.

the Chinese are not a thinking culture

Some ask you to code stuff ranging from simple to quite complex. I've been to such interviews. Everyone I know who's a programmer also did.

>Most of the real specimens sit in the back and play overwatch on their laptops
Is this for real??
I did my schooling online a few years after entering the workforce, so I never got to witness what in-person classes were like. It just blows my mind that someone can be paying thousands of dollars (on top of not earning money) to go to school, and then just sit in class and play video games.

Like, fuck, if you want to play overwatch for 10 hours a day, you can just stay home and do that instead of going into debt.

You go to college to learn, not to discuss or improvise. This mentality is why you get all those chimpouts in anglo colleges and "offensive" topics and guest lecturers becoming taboo everywhere.

>You go to college to learn, not to discuss or improvise.

Attached: brainlet_succ.jpg (1024x595, 97K)

College ""discussion"" = uppity children with no life or work experience thinking they have something valuable to say and can exchange ideas (i.e. things they read online) on an equal level with their teachers.

This is only getting worse as the age at which people finally reach maturity keeps getting postponed. Even after they graduate, many of them still have the mentality of a high schooler and are frankly embarrassing to be around.

you forgot the girl who likes memes, is into linux, doesnt really like girly girls, has mostly male friends and is a super slut

Attached: 049.jpg (700x467, 270K)

Maybe a bit extreme but a pretty accurate description of college students. Still, the 30-50 year olds I'm working with after college are in no way more capable of discussing anything.
People suck, in general, not just in college, because they never start to use their brains ever. Those that do use them, do it starting from high school in general. They are few and hard to find.

Based bloomer

>C++ "professor" can't explain the concept of a class, shows us a video of a paki writing text on a piece of paper with ukulele music in the background
topjej

They count as woman and technology companies have quotas for woman. They see that if they take hormones and say they're a woman they'll have a 90% of being hired, can slack and stay employed and probably get payed 20%+ more

>ww...w...what's your f..f..favorite distro
"oh I don't really have a favorite linux I like them all!"

Then she laughs before the chadfrat runs a train on her

you have to go back

Attached: 1530361409332.jpg (338x402, 47K)

Oldtimer of "first days as a CS freshman" here :
>guy cosplaying as anime character
>comsci = gayming
Most of these people get filtered at the end of the year, especially the "we'll do gaming 24/7" crowd.
Even the geekiest of the bunch aren't safe, because you NEED teamwork & communication skills... (you either learn to work with others & do presentations, or you get filtered)

Attached: 1524439364244.png (212x256, 104K)