Why is RAM and SSD so expensive?

Why is RAM and SSD so expensive?

Attached: crucial-ddr4-32gb-quad-rank-lrdimm-image.png (300x71, 47K)

How much do it cost?

RAM is dirt cheap now compared to just a couple years ago
I recently bought a 8GB DDR4 stick for 32 €bucks while a 2-3 years ago a 8GB DDR3 cost me close to 90

32gb ram ddr4 380$

Where did you get it that cheap?
It's indeed cheaper now in my country but not that much.

A spanish tech store, sort of our Newegg equivalent
Granted it was laptop RAM and not exactly high spec (2666mhz CL17) but still, cheaper than I was expecting

Dont u remember that tsunami in indonesia?
Ya

>A spanish tech store,
would they ship to uk for that price?

I don't think they ship to other countries, no

And it doesn't matter because I've just remembered I actually got that RAM stick from Amazon lol. I buy shit from both stores and I tend to mix them up

ah ok thanks anyway, at least you replied :)

Pccomp?

It's not that expensive on Amazon either, obviously depends on how much RAM you need to buy but I'm seeing 8GB modules for around 40 bucks
Ye

it's not, DDR4 is about half the price it was in 2018/2019 winter

>Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 PC19200/2400MHz CL16 2x8GB CDON 1 179.9€ 179.9€

No? What? Really? Here 32 gigs is 200$

> expensive
> 8 GB RAM
$25 used off ebay.
> 240 GB SSD
$20 new BX500
Go be broke somewhere else.

It's beyond cheap. Got 16gb of chink ram for $45 shipped across the globe.

16GB RAM is $80.
1TB SSD is $100.
Those are the best prices we've seen in years, maybe ever.

Considering back in the day you'd pay $100 for a 120 GB SSD, it's pretty crazy
Now's a pretty good time to build a computer without spending crazy money

I agree. You can spend about $700 and put together a very nice system.

This has to be bait

Look up 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMMs on Amazon and see for yourself. Most are between 30 and 40 bucks

It's not, I recently bought 4GB DDR2 at a flea market for 2€

>Shit-DIMM
>2133MHz
It's cheap because it's shit.

Look at DDR4 CL14 3600MHz, the timings and MHz you really should look for.

RAM's cheap. PSUs are what's expensive now.

It is no where near where it used to be 4 years ago.

8gb ddr4 is ~$35 on aliexpress.
Burgers probably also have to pay Trump tariffs and "make me rich" importers fees.

>8GB
At CL14 3600MHz+?

are you kidding?
ram is cheaper by a lot compared to pre-ryzen.
SSDs are cheap af, look at the price of a evo plus

And mind you i'm saying this as a poorfag from eastern europe.
What do you want to spend on hardware,3 rats?

nobody cares about that shit, faggot
anything above 2666 is ok

Nope, early adopters always pay $$$.

No shit the better modules are more expensive, that's not the point. If you need to get RAM and you don't need the absolute best performance you can get it for really cheap, whereas just two or three years ago even the low spec stuff was expensive.

maybe if you ask nicely

lolno. It's like ~$120-140 for 32 gigs

Agreed. I can now get a 1TB NVME SSD for less than the sale price I bought 500GB SATA SSD during christmas 2017.

I'm almost tempted to continue holding off just because SSD prices just seem to keep going down and down.

I remember when 8MB of RAM cost $400. I'm not really sure what you are on about. RAM today is cheap as all fuck, NEET.

Amusing boomer logic.

Are you smoking dope?

Attached: 456.png (1298x603, 231K)

That font rendering my god, are you using linux?

It's a poorfag who samefags and screeches about bitmap fonts on his debilitated 1360x768 display.

this is one of the finest examples of how gay loonix is and it's userbase to be able to post this garbage. kys unironically in minecraft

Win7 classic theme at 1920x1080 on a 3' Toshiba TV. So everything needs crisp pixels with no smoothing or thickness for it to look "correct." Like a single line, 1 digital pixel thick looks like 3 pixels wide with halos because of the parallaxing and chevron-shaped pixels of the monitor.

SSDs are cheap compared to 6 years ago. I spent $~200 for a 120GB drive back then. I just bought a 2TB drive for $180 last week.

No idea why RAM fluctuates so much comparatively though. Probably has to do with suppliers restricting product to raise the price.

I bought 32GB of 3200 CL16 RAM for ~$180, and tech is typically expensive in my euro shithole

It isn't. It's remarkably cheap, actually. We're talking about something like 0.000000005 dollars per transistor.

ram literally costs just as much as it did 10 years ago

Not only is this a lie since DDR2 was being binned and was only cheap because it was outdated junk as DDR3 started going mainstream, it's also not the same RAM. 10 years ago we were still transitioning between DDR2 and DDR3

You can literally eat SSDs and RAM for lunch and still have some money left at the end of the month

>abp
>stylish
my fucking sides

The Laura of wet blankets enters the thread.

Instead of participating in thread discussion, this Laura just wants to point out that you're currently at the edge of the board and about to die. =^_^=

Attached: Laura.png (189x274, 75K)