>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?&v=IhX0fOUYd8Q

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. The stronger 3400G sells for $150. (R3K APUs OCs better than R2K)
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOL, stock is limited

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI @ ~$230/Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing scales better into 4K than Navi does. OR upscale from lower resolution with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come within a week. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important for gaming
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>Don't use Speccy
>Beware sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss)
>Beware and report the permaban evading Jow Forums spammer who posts fake benchmarks
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors + SSD Guide under "more"

more rentry.co/pcbg-more
Prev

Attached: firefox_2019-07-26_22-55-16.jpg (2964x1666, 399K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/4VvHYT
asrock.com/MB/AMD/A320M-HDV R4.0/index.asp
pcpartpicker.com/product/rjprxr/acer-et241y-abmir-238-1920x1080-60hz-monitor-et241y-abmir
pcpartpicker.com/product/VThKHx/acer-nitro-vg240y-bmiix-238-1920x1080-75-hz-monitor-vg240y-bmiix
pcpartpicker.com/list/NLJvzY
pcpartpicker.com/list/v3g8WD
amazon.fr/SAPPHIRE-Pulse-Radeon-GDDR6-Triple/dp/B07VYZL7HK/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=5700 xt&qid=1565249942&s=gateway&sr=8-1
imgur.com/a/U6QXBbh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for intel a shit

Second for intel a best in gaming

nth for I wish I could use my 3600

pcpartpicker.com/list/4VvHYT
thoughts on this>

do you really need a threadripper?

3d rendering

Building a new PC with an R7 3700X, trying to pick between the Gigabyte x470 and x570 mobos. x470 should be enough if I'm gonna use a single GPU and a single M2 SSD, I think?

yeah

biggest difference is PCIe 4.0

4.0 doesn't matter for GPU, it will never saturate it, but it will matter for super fast storage or something in the future. For gaming it does not matter at all.

Kinda just a "future proof" thing right now

This
QLC is a scam currently. Should be at least 30% cheaper for what it is. It costs almost half to make as what TLC costs (not counting the controller, cache, and other components)
When 2TB is close to $125, it'll be worth buying.

3900X generally does 3D rendering better.
Unless you need >64GB of RAM, get 3900X or wait for 3950X.
>pcpartpicker.com/list/4VvHYT
get better SSD
get a scratch drive
lose the HDD
RX5700XT is generally better for most rendering programs than the 2070S is (generally between 2080 and 2080Ti perf)
Get a 650W PSU.
Drop the AIO and get a good air cooler.

For all the money you wasted on the poor perf/value SSD, PSU, cooler, chosing threadripper when you dont actually need it, etc, you could have gotten a MUCH better system for cheaper.

Why teh fuck would you buy a gigabyte AM4 board?

I have a gigabyte AM4 and it's working just fine

Whats wrong?

I'm gonna be upgrading from a 2500K to a 3600. How badly do you think things will go if I don't go with a fresh windows install?

i just did this but I strongly recommend starting fresh

What kind of problems did you have?

I went from a 4690k -> 3900X and kept the existing windows install.
Havent had a single problem.

With that said I plan on a fresh install when I get a partner 5700XT

Yours may seem fine, or you just haven't look into it enough to see it's doing things out of spec, and lots have issues with them.

Some games generate a config on install of how many threads your system has.
ie going from 2500k to 3600 it'll think it can only schedule to 4 threads instead of 12.

Maybe I've just gone stupid, but are cases slots for optical disk drives simply gone? All these cases I'm seeing simply have 3 fans on the front with no visible panel to attach a disk drive to.

None of my nvidia stuff would work (control panel), Removing old drivers and shit.

Just much easier to start fresh

Regardless of what others say if not for the upgrading factor a fresh start is always good. It cleans up the clutter you've been building.

asrock.com/MB/AMD/A320M-HDV R4.0/index.asp

Thoughts on this board? I'm going to be using it with a Ryzen 5 2400G and planning to throw sum good GPU (thinking about RX570 or something better) there later on. I am absolutely open for recommendations.

t. poorfag

is this a good 1080p IPS monitor?

pcpartpicker.com/product/rjprxr/acer-et241y-abmir-238-1920x1080-60hz-monitor-et241y-abmir

I don't game that much these days. I just want image clarity and easy on the eyes.

I've transferred Win10 installs on hard drives from one laptop to another and after a a startup / restart everything worked fine, even taken a laptop install and boot it on my desktop to fix something.
Last time I did it with Win7 though I either got lucky and it worked fine or shit threw BSoDs at me.

>missed a chance to get a new 2080 for $579.99
>2080 supers are $700+

What the fuck is going on with GPUs

Buttcoin is back on the rise and I'd like to upgrade from my 970 to a fairly high end card. My budget was $600ish but God damn

Mining Bitcoin with GPUs no longer exists.
Now with other cryptocurrency that's a different story.

Was it just AMD or both Intel and AMD gpus?

I mean Nvidea.

>tfw 50 - 60fps on monster hunter world maxed out 1440p using my vega 56
I love my vega! Once my 3600 works it should be a solid 1440p 60 fps machine, feels good man

You can get 75hz freesync ones with the same panel for the same cost...

I don't know what you're talking about. I still see 5700XT for $400.

okay dude nice blog.

Would a B450 Tomahawk be adequate for a 3700x??

Id like to get something more powerful as I will be doing 1440p at as high frame rate as possible.

Plus
>Blower cooler

pcpartpicker.com/product/VThKHx/acer-nitro-vg240y-bmiix-238-1920x1080-75-hz-monitor-vg240y-bmiix

this one?

Into mitx cases, do you think the VK-5 seems good? 5.7L with full gpu. Search for VELKASE.

pcpartpicker.com/list/NLJvzY
For light/medium gaming (SS2/S.T.A.L.K.E.R., R6:S) and everyday use, how does this look?
Upper limit for budget $700~

Attached: 1.png (1541x782, 111K)

So half the SATA group stopped working on my motherboard and the store where I bought it fully refunded me to buy a new motherboard.

These are my requirements.

- Budget: 180-200 EUR
- Must have 2x Ultra M.2
- 8th gen CPU support
- 1151 v2 that supports i7 8700k CPU.
- DDR4

Best thing I could find is the Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO. Is this a good buy or is there something better in my given price range?

Any recommendations for a 1440p, high refresh monitor? I had been looking at the LG 27GL850-B, but it sounds like I'd be waiting until October to get it.

I've been building PC's since forever and to be completely honest I can't understand who would ever willingly plug in their HDD activity light. All it does is blink the power button when your HDD is doing ANYTHING. God forbid you have a bunch of drives. Am I missing something? Was there ever a time when HDD's didn't do ANYTHING and thus the light wouldn't blink?

trying to clean up the wiring in my case
I need an 8pin and a 6pin cable for my gpu but I will never have a second card
I dont need the extra connectors.
currently running 2 separate cables

can I run the card off just 1 cable or if not do they make single use cables?

did your PSU come with PCIe cables that split into an 8+8 or similar? If so, you can use one cable. If not, you need separate cables. For instance my Seasonic 650w Prime Titanium has 2x PCIe cables each with 2x 6+2 on it.

In a word: don't.
Because the 2400G isn't preloaded into that board's BIOS and because it's a 3XX-series board, you're gonna be shit outta luck unless the vendor updates the BIOS for you, because AMD won't lend you a CPU.

If you can afford it, get a B450 DS3H, it has 4 RAM slots instead of 2, better VRMs, and supports 64 GB of RAM. Also, it will always work with the 2400G out of the box.

AOC Q3279VWFD8 31.5" Widescreen IPS LED Black Monitor (2560x1440/5ms/VGA/HDMI/DP/DVI)

>did your PSU come with PCIe cables that split into an 8+8 or similar?
more or less yes. I get a little hung up on power requirements, electrician by trade but I don't really deal with smaller stuff like this and maybe I am over thinking it.

got a seasonic focus 750, all modular 6+2 and yes they basically split into 2 which is creating a ball of wire that looks really un-clean.. I am kind of wanting separate cables for wire management purposes even if a single cable would suffice... I'm not quickly finding it on amazon. Do they even make them?

You said you were looking at the 2070S.
2070S isn't more powerful than the 5700XT.
Are you just trying to gaslight people or are you actually this dumb?

That's a good one and decent price.

Cases are largely subjective. I must say I really like that one, and it's what I'd get for a mITX build, except for the lack of dust filter and I'd like mounts built in for 2x 2.5" drives.
maybe someone mags magnetic dust filter inserts to add for it. dunno. Let me know.

That's a good budget build. I was running R6 siege great on similar.

ASUS TUF VG32VQ. Currently hard to find supply of, though.

>can I run the card off just 1 cable or if not do they make single use cables?
It can but it's inadvisable. If you run into problems, switching that out often fixes them.

you should be using two cables to power it, never use one cable to power a powerful gpu

>It can but it's inadvisable. If you run into problems, switching that out often fixes them.

>you should be using two cables to power it, never use one cable to power a powerful gpu

ok thats what I was thinking cause a 2080 should be pretty power hungry... now just finding a single use pci-e 6+2 cable that works with my psu is the next problem to solve

thanks

wihch SSD PCe express, would you recommend for the price?

pcpartpicker.com/list/v3g8WD
2070 Super or 5700 XT?

>OP is another AMD shill thread
Are the small dicked Pajeets invading again?

Attached: 1490761242521.jpg (720x406, 28K)

What capacity and what country? If you're in America, the best reasonably priced 1TB TLC drive is the Sabrent Rocket for $110.

XT AIB

budget is about 7-800 euros
im basically only going to be playing league
is this alright?

Attached: parts.png (831x483, 58K)

Are high idle temps common with Ryzen? I recently got a 3700X and it drifts between 40-50c ilde which seems a bit high IMO. I'm using a good tower cooler and have a large case with three case fans (although running at ~20% speed).

Get the 2070 Super, custom RX 5700XT gonna be just as expensive but without gaytracing.

canada, i see prices and 1tb is 30% more than a 500gb

Acer Nitro VG271UP for 350e?

gaytracing is a worthless meme, the only real reason to get a 2070 instead is nvenc

If we're still taking M.2 2280 FF, then for 500 GB, 660P overall for quick bursts of performance, EX900 for more reliable TLC. Alternatively, you can try your luck with the NM600 from Lexar, but its Amazon reviews seem spurious in nature; I'm leery.

For 1 TB SSDs, the cheapest OK one is the 660P again for $125, but the TLC drives are significantly more expensive, with the TLC SX8200 and EX920 at $150 and $154 respectively.

I wanted to go Meshify S2 + 9x Noctua AF14.
But I realised that a lot of space will be unused.
I would prefer it to be shorter, but the only option like that is the Meshify C.

Will I be able to put Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme in Meshify C?
And would 4x140mm fans + 2x120mm fans be significantly worse/louder than 9x140mm?

Attached: 2019-08-10-22:32:16-screenshot.png (873x427, 87K)

Should i get an i7 or 32GB of RAM first?

Attached: untitled2.png (662x527, 37K)

How is this shit?

Attached: colorful-battle-ax-b450m-g-deluxe-v14-chipset-b450-amd-am4-matx-ddr4_76996.jpg (1200x1200, 427K)

meshify c with 2 x 140mm intake + 1(-2) 120mm out

more fans =/= better

>more fans =/= better
Are you sure?
I thought more fans == more airflow at lower RPM.
And Bigger fans == more airflow at lower volume levels.

>Will I be able to put Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme in Meshify C?
No, Mesh C only takes ATX size tops. For EATX you need the Mesh S2

Gtx 1080 is regularly going for $300 on eBay.

Good deal?

Thanks.
Guess I'll have to cope with unnecessarily wasted space.

Meshify C is an overrated case.

Dunno why everyone sleeps on the Cooler Master H500. One of the best thermals at a budget price without need for any extra fans. GN didn't have a single complaint. It even has RGB for the faggots.

holy shit

amazon.fr/SAPPHIRE-Pulse-Radeon-GDDR6-Triple/dp/B07VYZL7HK/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=5700 xt&qid=1565249942&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Attached: 1563683106694.jpg (520x732, 57K)

>September-October
Fuck!

Yes, but with deminishing returns. as long as you have three case fans you're good in like 99% of usage cases, anything above that is just overkill and a waste of money.

>Cooler Master H500
Because it's a fucking ugly ass piece of shit.

Meshify C looks amazing
H500 looks like shit

I've just built a new computer: Win 7 x64 on an Asus B450 motherboard with Ryzen Zen 2 CPU. I've done everything I can think of, researched and installed the latest chipset drivers from AMD, but I am still missing PCI Encryption/Decryption and USB Controller drivers. It's only affecting 2 USB 3.1 ports; the other ports drivers installed without issue.

Is there anything I can do? Would the drivers have been on the motherboard installation DVD or are those just older versions of the updated chipset drivers I downloaded from AMD?

Is this an issue inherent in running Win 7 on a modern CPU? I have 4 other USB 3.2 ports and they still work without problem, they even reach full speed when transferring files.

that's what they say but that's because they put the release date on the 30th of aug as a placeholder

Fucking Jewish case makers. Its so fucking hard to find one these days. Ironically the motherboard and GPU drivers and shit come in a fucking CD.

Yes, 100% gone on any modern cases. Once videogames stopped using BDs the manufacturers dropped them, despite the fact that most hardware still ships with physical media.

You might get lucky with an external optical drive.

i7

yeah

imgur.com/a/U6QXBbh

they're still there
fractal design focus g for example

is that used and been crypto mining for the last year?

Where can one get an unbiased opinion in regards to intel and amd? Cause it's certainly not here.

Maybe there's a separate USB controller for these 2 ports and you don't have the drivers for it?

Faggots.

NR600 has a version with ODD.

Gigabyte Aorus Pro z390. Is this a good motherboard Jow Forums?

Attached: gigabyte_z390.jpg (1000x1000, 172K)

I guess there must be? I figured they'd be part of the chipset driver package.

If I uninstall the devices through Device Manager, would that affect my working USB ports?

>32bit OS
>16GB RAM

>$500

well fuck that

Are you going to be okay user?

Yeah they're all used, they all say no mining, but who knows. I don't think mining has been profitable for awhile though.

I just don't really want to sink a lot of money into a GPU right now, but I'm also weary of 5700 cause a lot of software uses CUDA acceleration.

wtf do you need 32GB of RAM on sandy bridge for?
I can't think of any use case which uses 32GB of RAM yet doesn't benefit from having a non-shitty CPU.
Anyway get the 3770 if you can find it for

Depends. How many toolbars are you rocking in Internet Explorer?

I thought the 1.5 volt was a meme but this thing consistently boost and stays in the 1.48 range while simply browsing the web or with steam open

I'm trying not the be a voltage hawkeye but I just can't help myself

Yes, great VRM's and cooling. Gigabyte made good Z390 boards and the Aorus Pro is a solid choice.

All of them

Nowhere, AMDshills and Intelcopes riddle every board. Can't get an objective opinion anywhere.

I want to build a pc that will last for a while. I will be using it for 1080p gaming.
cpu: ryzen 5 2600
ram: g.skill aegis 16 gb 3000mhz
psu: silentiumpc Vero L2 500w
motherboard: B450 tomahawk
ssd: crucial mx500 500 gb
case: silentiumpc Signum sg1 tg

Originally I planned to buy it with msi 2060 ventus xs, but lately I've been thinking about buying a used 1080ti or 1080

Will the ryzen bottleneck the 1080 or 1080 ti or should I not buy used cards in the first place ?

Shit, an i9-9900k may not even be enough for you.

its not bad. I have the wifi version, it is sturdy enough, average specs and costs about $20-40 less than its asus equivalent... still has some gimmicky led shit for the gamers. I havent played around with the bios much yet, but it recognized my higher clocked memory after a restart. In the manual it will say it only supports 8th gen i3, i5, i7 but it does with newer bios.

Intel
>best for gaming, that's basically it
>terrible value
AMD
>best all around, loses in gaming most of the time
>way better value
there you go

Get a 3600

>eah they're all used, they all say no mining, but who knows
I would highly doubt that they weren't... crypto is going back up so I bet most of them are selling their gpu to offset the cost of a better gpu and recoup their losses from 6 months ago... at least that is what I would be doing if I was in the game on that.

You gave me an idea
There are Win XP drivers for the Z390 Dark

ok so I need a rec

I need a standard or micro ATX board - CPU - RAM combo for OMV NAS for as little as possible

I know this is vague but I don't even know what to consider other than what would fit into my case
could use six or so SATA connectors, being for a NAS, inbuilt VGA and HDMI and some usb 3.0 but I suppose this is standard now.
Low power consumption could be a plus

Attached: 1552998023563.jpg (1024x1024, 110K)

>manual it will say it only supports 8th gen i3, i5, i7 but it does with newer bios
>Z390 board
What the fuck are you on about? Z390 boards support 9th gen from the get go