Look at this picture. This is how transformation tools work in gimp: you see the result AND the original (!!!)...

Look at this picture. This is how transformation tools work in gimp: you see the result AND the original (!!!). This is what the renowned FOSS photoshop killer has to offer after 30 years of development. By the way, the preview is always displayed on top of all layers. Also, there is no way to resize and rotate in one operation: you have to apply one type of transformation first and then another one. Gegl shmegl my ass.

Attached: traaaaaaaaans.png (708x706, 137K)

anyone without aphantasia doesn't need this feature

That's not a "feature", that's just how transformation works normally in every other fucking editor on this planet. Except gimp.

> using the "transform tool" instead of lisp scripting, the proper way to do it

Attached: out.webm (1920x1080, 2.91M)

what version?

2.8.18 is retarded, so my point stands - took them 25 years to fix something this basic

handle transform tool btw. The others werk the same tho.

>aphantasia
What

>so my point stands
no, it does not.

Op got owned hard

You're an idiot for thinking GIMP is by design supposed to be a Photoshop replacement.

gimp is pure trash, all the devs should be moved to krita and the gimp project abandoned.

Can you rotate the canvas 360 degrees yet?

GIMP is an MS-Paint replacement. Linuxfags BTFO.

Photoshop isn't a good enough excuse to install wine, never mind the abomination that is windows.

based

>all the devs should be moved to krita

please no
keep them away

op btfo

>software is literally free
>complain about it

Attached: 843.gif (293x181, 334K)

>360°
What would be the point?
You'd be back where you started.

kys adobe shill

>you can't criticize something because it's free

the criticism holds less weight given it's not intrusive or forced upon you to use it

Is GIMP the ultimate brainlet filter? I always see the people who shit on it get BTFO.

>it's not intrusive or forced upon you to use it
And? Any dev should aim to improve their software based on the criticism from the community. Simply disregarding every complaint with "you don't have to use it" not only hurts the user's experience, but also the quality of the software.

That's objectively wrong. People simply doesn't use it because it's shit, that it is "free" is irrelevant.
It's literally the worst kind of "free".

Blender is one of the better examples of a "free" art tool: innovations made by studios working on professional projects (Man in the High Castle, Next Gen, Cosmo's Laundromat, Hardcore Henry) add their tools / new workflows / scripts / etc to the main branch of Blender (as seen in the most recent release of 2.8) improving the software for everyone.
They've even started to reverse their arbitrary shit (specifically left click vs right click) and now give users the choice between the "standard" or the old implementation with the "standard" being the default.

Still more user friendly than Adobe

and by user friendly i mean they don't abuse there users like Adobe does.

>Gimp could be a Clone of MS Paint 1.0 and it would still be better than Photoshop

OP btfo
b t f o

if you want to work professionally with images just use photoshop.
if you don't want to pay for adobe's subscription system, use affinity photo instead.
if you have no money at all and your parents aren't lending you any more after you spent everything on loli onaholes, then use gimp

if you want to work professionally with images just use photoshop.
>if you don't want to pay for adobe's subscription system, use affinity photo instead.
>if you have no money at all and your parents aren't lending you any more after you spent everything on loli onaholes, then use gimp

or I can just not be a Art Fag. and just use gimp for the occasional meme

Attached: -1.jpg (570x791, 123K)

Attached: 1529621411138.jpg (750x731, 33K)

Unless you want to actually work in an industry that uses Photoshop as its standard.

shat my tea.

OP on suicide watch

Witnessed. OP confirmed dead.

they really should change the name. not for some social justice bs reason but because gimp sounds fucking retarded. gimped and gimp and gimp suit. what were they thinking.

btw I just got the save-for-web plugin compiled for gimp2.10 as of like 3 minutes ago.

Attached: CopyQ.SxBcyG.png (1920x1080, 721K)

OP is an idiot. The Photoshop shills literally have to resort to lies in criticizing GIMP.

Who is that girl. I see her picture used everywhere

Have you tried using a newer version?

Still very useful to line things up sometimes.

Lena. That's a standard photo used to test and compare compression algorithms.

a girl who had pictures taken for playboy magazine. her image is used as test subject in the area of image processing.
she even went to some image processing congresses, though she is a granny now.