Read this book, right fucking now

Attached: 71+vAB23TPL.jpg (1664x2560, 224K)

Other urls found in this thread:

libgen.is/book/index.php?md5=BA9F8B92297637F0F6DF5CDC8D6109FF
b-ok.cc/book/2824879/3e2243
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Or what?

Give me tldr.

why though?

Upload me a epub and I will read it

>ITT, Matthew Walker shills his own book
This isn't a newspaper. Go post ads somewhere else.

You got about 30 seconds to explain why dreams are technology.

don't even have to read it and I already know it's filled with fluff words and stories no one cares about with pseudoscience on the side and then ends with no real explanation on why we sleep

At least 7 hours of sleep is necessary to form long term memories which will make you better at whatever you're doing. Long work into the night with little sleep will ironically, make you a worse person. You forget everything you learn.

Ok, but that seems more up /ft/'s alley.

I did, it's really good. I changed my behaviour somewhat.

Attached: opb2w0oatmf31-01.jpg (740x474, 64K)

Anabolism, growth and healing take place during NREM sleep. That is most certainly Jow Forums territory.

what about to much sleep, like 10 or 12 hours

Here, Jow Forums: libgen.is/book/index.php?md5=BA9F8B92297637F0F6DF5CDC8D6109FF

>he doesn't dream in code

Attached: maxresdefault (55).jpg (1280x720, 170K)

You're wasting your life sleeping. WAKE UP

There is a correlation between people who are sick or diseased and long sleep. But, there is no proof to suggest that longer sleep is bad for you. But the norm is usually between 7-9 hours. Think of it as a quadratic function, with the minimum at 8 hours.

b-ok.cc/book/2824879/3e2243

Blatant self-shilling aside, I would like to point out that it is fairly retarded to be writing a book on why we sleep and proclaiming "facts" about what happens during sleep when legitimate science still has no clear reason as to why we sleep. We have ideas, sure. We have speculation, sure. But what sleep is and why we need it is still not solid fact. Half the shit previously thought true has been disproven, and as we still don't know enough about the human brain we will definitely not be able to understand the impacts sleep has on that.

A bestseller for 2 years shills his book on Jow Forums. Sure.

I got the cribs right here for you:
>Sleep about seven hours
>Sleep every night
Big brain type shit, I know.

Okay, Matthew.

True for any kind of book of this kind, just look at Thinking, Fast and Slow. However, the author always mentions the publication in the footer. So there is no bullshit whatsoever.

>Long work into the night with little sleep will ironically, make you a worse person. You forget everything you learn.

I agree you will forget what you learn easier, but if you’re doing something that is about gaining knowledge, it’s not always a bad idea. Like if you need to pull some late nights to develop a product that will give you financial freedom, for example. Also, I learn great by exploring things in my leisure late at night (mostly math and programming topics), but I also sleep a bunch.

Have you never dreamed in code?
>costanza-smirk.gif

No bullshit right now, but in three decades time it very well could be.

True, that's why I mentioned the other book. These kinds of books are the same as a literature review, only explained in laymen terms. So it's pretty much the current state of the art, which might be totally obsolete after a single breakthrough.

we sleep so we can rest since out eyes gets tired.

That doesn't explain the fact that people die in a few weeks without REM sleep.

you don't die, I remember there being some guy that didn't sleep for a weeks and then slept. He was fine and didn't have any negative effects after.

I had a nightmare where I debugged this faggot's dream.