/spg/ - Smartphone General

Note 10 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 139-samsung-galaxy-note-10-note-10-plus.jpg (1092x728, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pixelspot.net/2018/11/16/stock-android-9-pie-vs-oxygenos-pie-comparison-which-is-better/
youtube.com/watch?v=yFzPAB1W7fw
cnet.com/news/android-malware-that-comes-preinstalled-are-a-massive-threat/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Previous thread

all new phones are shit, they all have the same
>notch or other such meme
>rounded screen corners
>single shitty downward facing speaker
onions design

so i decided to get a replacement battery for my current phone for $15 bucks instead and it'll feel like new. it still does everything i want anyway. smartphone jews BTFO.

Attached: 1562798549207.jpg (1920x1080, 67K)

There is no point spending dozens or hundreds of hours thinking about cell phones guys, just get one that meets your needs every 3 years and be done with it, we are at peak phone no need for this level of obsession with "just the right" choice

They all browse the internet, they all get texts

advice: always upgrade every 2 years. buy the note 10+.

that would be the situation if phones had continued being good. but sometime in 2016 or so they all got together and decided that smartphones had become too good for us goyim, so they all agreed to steadily make their designs shitter and shitter every year.
Even the best phones today have 2 or 3 major flaws.
So now we have to think and scratch or heads and try to predict our future usage and pick between sets of major deaign flaws so we can buy a phone with the least worst set of major design flaws for our personal use case.

a tiny camera notch in an overall huge high res screen is not going to hurt you, neither is any other nitpick nonsense thing

buy a phone, text girls, done

sub 300€ reccs?
must have headphone jack

Attached: 1529931911163.png (323x394, 357K)

MI9t

Is the S10 5G worth it over the S10+?

Attached: 20190703_180426.jpg (4032x2268, 1.11M)

TTTSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

TTTSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

but----but------ i dont want my data to be chinked

Do you really want a phone with black hole in the screen?
All of my what when I first saw it

It has better battery tho

Attached: 1564203242314.gif (480x286, 1.71M)

Yeah but it'll quickly get sucked into itself due to the gravitational properties of a black hole.

Why is even the S/Note Samsung series have lags? Why can't they do anything about it?

No

Why is this phone so pretty?

Two years? But my S7 Edge is still working great.

Because Android is garbage and so is Samsung.

Though so.
Plus I can't buy it directly from Samsung for 02, only Vodafone and EE

Touchjizz. Stock Android is a better experience.

please tell me which low to mid range stock android around 5.6'' is best. I would rather not buy the Pixel 3a and give google the money. But those Nokia and Motorola ones in the same price range look pretty bad and I don't want a chink phone.
Is there an up to date list with all the stock android / android one devices out there?

Mini Review, OP 7 Pro GM1915
Pros:
• The best fucking phone display I've ever goddamn seen. Videos can never do it justice. You have to see it first hand, with apps that are able to utilize a 90Hz display. If I were into mobile gaming, I'd get a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and a controller, using this thing as an Android console. I played only one game, AFK Arena, and at 90 fps it looks awesome. Otherwise, the colors are fantastic, and the resolution is nice. It's just a damn fine display.
• No notch, no chin. Just all edge to edge screen.
• The size*
• Onboard storage. 256GB is pretty nice.
• Stereo speakers that don't sound tinny and don't get distorted at high volume.
• Excellent call quality
• The fucking Alert Slider. If OnePlus does one thing consistently right, it's not getting rid of this amazingly useful but astonishingly simple hardware feature.
• Oxygen OS. It's extremely close to a stock Android experience and stays the fuck out of my way.
• Front camera† is really fucking neat.
• Automatic resolution changing; rather than having to select a resolution and hope your apps don't look shitty (I'm looking at YOU Samsung), you can set your resolution to auto and it'll change based on the application, leaving you with a seamless experience where everything looks nice and uniform and there's no "show app in full screen" pop up or notices.
• Screen off gestures.

Cons
• Size*
• Can't turn off battery optimization for the Gmail app, and it's the default mail client for the phone for pop3 and IMAP. This means you may get push notifications as much as 5 hours late.
• No 3.5mm jack, and no dongle included.
• Front Camera†

*Subjective pro/con, as I have giant hands and can literally use an 8" tablet one handed, but I'm sure there are handlets out there saying it's too big.
† Pro and con. It's really durable, BUT it's still a mechanical part and an additional point of failure.

Other manufacturers have no lags on flagships.

I get your point, what is the problem with notches though? To me it seems like you have more screen space. I would understand if people wish for no front facing camera at all, but the notch really seems like an improvement.

>i dont want my data to be chinked
You either get chinked, jewed or buy a fucking Xpress music 5800

Op7 pro has only the rounded screen issue. I don't mind it so much, though.

Ive thought about dumbphone tablet combo but tablets are just as cucked as phones.

Use a Walkie talkie.or cb radio . even iOS can be wire tapped ..

Attached: DSC_4765.jpg (2048x1429, 174K)

>Oxygen OS. It's extremely close to a stock Android experience and stays the fuck out of my way.
Can you redpill me on Oxygen OS? Is it stock android with instant patches and updates, only with some added chink spyware, or those it have even more antifeatures like facebook and twitter?

I'd rather be jewed (pay slightly more) than chinked

Based
Kek have fun sucking uncut dicks

doesnt make a lick of sense
did you mean cut dicks?

>intact is "uncut" because in a snapshot of human history Semites and brainwashed Semitic american cattle mutilate themselves

Kill yourself.
t. Cutfag

Get out of this thread with your disgusting shit.

pixelspot.net/2018/11/16/stock-android-9-pie-vs-oxygenos-pie-comparison-which-is-better/

Just get the Pixel 3a

My main concern is preinstalled malware like facebook and twitter. I don't really care about which is "better". Any non stock android I have seen so far has even more apps that you can't uninstall, as if it wouldn't already be enough that google is deeply cucking you.

why does the 3a look like a phone from 2014 with those huge bezels? why can't google release something nice instead?

>why does the 3a look like a phone from 2014
That's a good thing you dumb zoomer. No notch, no holes, no retarded curves.

yes an ugly, smaller screen is so much better than maximizing real estate

because people are constantly complaining about the notch and google though people wanted bezels back. To me the solution would be no front facing camera at all. But "the people" don't seem to like that.

The new EMUI 10 looks nice

youtube.com/watch?v=yFzPAB1W7fw

Because Google does not care. They just sell devkit for about one and a half times more the price of phones with similar specs.

>Huawei

> EMUI 10 looks nice

Attached: 1492304117434.png (700x700, 186K)

>EMUI
>nice

Attached: 1493252702555.jpg (623x713, 62K)

i haven't seen anybody outside of Jow Forums actually complain about notches. you can just set the screen to ignore the notch if that's to your liking anyways
why is it shilled so much on here then? i gave it a serious shot and checked out plenty of reviews but it's pretty subpar compared to other offerings that are cheaper
just because it's google?

note 8 rn and this is my plan

Oh right I forgot Huawei = bad.

Attached: yikers.jpg (888x1041, 501K)

it's an iPhone 7 btw, made be Apple :3

what are you a fucking commie?

Pretty poor shill attempt, Zhang. Step it up.
Your social credit has been reduced as a result.

Bruh why so offensive?

Literally just posted one video why tf am I a shill lmao.

what are those other offerings? I guess the appeal to most people who want one is stock android. And that is actually a huge deal. I have experience with Samsung, Asus and Sony and they all install additional bloatware and spyware that cannot be removed.

new iphones have now a digital signature that makes it mostly impossible to replace the battery. Not that I would ever replace a battery before buying a new phone, but I refuse to give a company money who wastes their R&D on such stupid anti features.

>you can just set the screen to ignore the notch
Only if your screen is OLED, so the blacks around the notch have no light, and even then, it's not 100% convincing, you can still make it out.

but... you can replace iP battery... officially or not.

Anyway, mines at 90% after 2y (ipX) so its not that bad.

Everything except a stock android = bad.

I know this is kind of a cop-out answer, but you can unlock the bootloader, flash TWRP, and install a ROM that's got nothing, not even Google play shit.

That being said, the OP7 Pro does not come with any pre-installed social media shit. I've installed a lot of apps on mine so I'm not even sure what's stock and what I've installed myself, but I definitely know that there's no Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or any of that trash on it by default. The closest thing would be the OnePlus community app, which is basically a forum and news app for OnePlus owners. Otherwise it pretty much just has all the basic Google shit, plus stuff specific to the device (extra options in the settings menu) and the only things that are OP-specific are the launcher, messaging app, and camera app. Plus, since I got mine through my carrier, I've got some basic T-Mobile apps.

>what is the problem with notches though?
srsly?

Asus ROG Phone 2

Pocophone

You're guaranteed chinked even if you buy a phone from a non-chink company anyway

You must never leave Jow Forums dude

Fuck off Chang

>You must never leave Jow Forums
Ouch! Too close to home man

The problem I have with big phones is that they fit like shit in most of my pants.

Yeah I mean I don't really care if you can or can't replace the battery yourself. Like I said, I don't like to give money to companies who mostly invent new anti features instead of making better products. Apple is mostly responsible for all the stupid shit that has happened to the mobile market.
>no replaceable battery
>no physical keyboard
>no headphone jack (wtf, really)
>the notch

Unfortunately the cell phone market is mostly plebs, cucks and house wive soccer moms. So they keep getting away with it.

I have been a user of custom roms for several years now, because my company buys the phones for me and I can't choose the models. And I have to say, it's not really a good thing. Custom roms are mostly pretty buggy and unstable and opsec is also somewhat concerning, because these are usually community builds. So in my opinion it would be pretty crazy to buy a new phone with the intention to directly install a custom rom on it. Why not buy a phone that comes with an OS you can live with.

Srsly, I don't understand the problem at all. Is it just the esthetics, or what are people complaining about.

what opsec in custom ROMs? are you fucking serious? the code is open source, download it and inspect it your fucking self instead of parroting FUD you heard you stupid lemming

Forgot to add, battery life is pretty good. Just now plugged it in when it got below 15%, probably could've gotten a few more hours out of it but I'm kinda curious about how long it'll take this 5000mAh mophie to charge it without "warp charging". 8.5 hours SoT isn't half bad considering the size of the display and the fact that I leave it in 90Hz mode. Mostly streamed videos and browsed 4chins all day, some kik and Snapchat with thot FWBs.

Attached: Screenshot_20190810-185016.jpg (1440x3120, 349K)

AOSP is open source, but the custom roms also need to add all the proprietary drivers for your device. So usually you rely on community builds from xda devs, because it's not really easy to do this yourselves. These builds aren't very transparent, you basically just have to trust some random person on the internet.

Not the person you're replying to, but it's kind of your own fault if you use a ROM where the source isn't posted in the official ROM thread. I would never. Of course, I don't really feel the need to flash a custom ROM over my Op7 Pro anyway. Stock is plenty comfy.

id rather trust some random person on the internet who lets me view the code then some manufacturer who's known to be a contributor to the PRISM program and refuses to let me view the code

Ah, so that's what FreeText is for

Just run stock ROMs with root then and uninstall all the social media malware, use AdAway, etc.

It's not about the code, it's about the build. They make the build for you and during that they could add others stuff you don't want. There is no easy way to figure this out. Only solution would be to make your own build, but like I said, it's pretty hard and time consuming. You have to somehow extract all the drivers from your device and put them into the AOSP build. It's not like you could download them from the website or something.

So you mean breaking your warranty right after you bought the device? Sounds like a solid plan to me.

It's a blessing that the Zenfone 6 is sold out right now anyway. It's wiser to wait and see if it has the same problems as the Indian variant or not first.

>These builds aren't very transparent, you basically just have to trust some random person on the internet.
this
nu-Jow Forums has gone so far down the privacy rabbit hole that it forgot about security

On some phones you can relock the bootloader, and to add to that most people don't ever need to use their warranty.

ROG Phone 2.

>sane screen shape
>edges aren't fucking curved
>big stereo speaker grills
>yuge battery

have been using custom ROMs for years now and have never had an issue, but go right ahead and kwep spreading that FUD, you just might be able to convince brainlet newfriends, but not those with actual experience

Have you ever had to use a phone warranty as a consumer? It's a fucking joke. LG had my G4 for TWO MONTHS when it bootlooped from a defect they swore to me it would never have based on the manufacture date. And they don't give loaner phones. And if you go to a carrier about your warranty, they give you a refurbished phone which is either 1) trade in or 2) a phone that died under warranty that they refurbished after giving the original owner another refurb. When you use the warranty you're literally trading a phone you bought brand new for someone else's fucking problem phone.

look guys, you can do whatever you like. I personally just prefer to get a proper android from the start this time.

I have been using custom roms for years and I always had problems, nothing absolutely horrendous but still pretty damn annoying things.
For example my current phone with linage keeps dropping the mobile connection and needs a restart to fix it. Also it randomly crashes all couple of days and I already needed to re-flash it twice because it suddenly got into a boot loop. I have similar stories with my other phones.
It's perfectly possible that all my devices had some hardware problems and it wasn't the fault of the custom roms. But it's not like I you can send them back if the cause of the problems might very well be the use of custom roms.

Would be the perfect phone if it wasn't a GAMUR phone.

Gaming phones are practical if nothing else. In a few years when all other flagships become Apple clones, only gaming phones will have any chance of giving you the features you want.

I just hate they always have to be huge, and have an ugly aesthetic and no case makers want to cover up the ugly gamer shit so they make openings on them that still show them off. The only exception to this is the Razer Phone 1/2

Are there any phones with SD slots that are still getting current (as in Aug 19 security patch current) updates? My Axon 7 is starting to lose developers like flies, so i'm having to rely on dodgy GSI builds.

Attached: 1438774523043.jpg (719x719, 62K)

>900 eurobux
>for a fucking phone
and it still has gay rounded screen corners

Pocophone

> current (as in Aug 19 security patch current
No one but Google smartphones gets updates so fast.
Nokia smartphones receive updates quite quickly (in most cases, on the 14-15th date they already receive an update for the current month).

All other smartphones receive updates with a lag of 2-3 months at least (OnePlus, Sony for example). Some, for example, Samsung, may receive security patches with a lag of more than six months, and updates with a lag of more than a year. I still remember how some budget Samsung got an update to Android 8 at the very end of 2018.

>they always have to be huge
Can't help you there then, no one makes small phones anymore, and even if they did, if they couldn't get all those features on a big phone, don't expect them on a small one.

As for aesthetics, well, chances are they'll be considered mainstream in a few years.

I'm not a 5.5" inch fag, I don't mind 6.4" phones. Past that is too big though.
>chances are they'll be considered mainstream in a few years
Gamer aesthetic is never going to catch on because not even most gamers like it much less normal people who thinks it makes the phone look like a toy

Razerphone 2

Show me the August security patch on these phones.

How does an ungoogled pixel with AOSP compare to an iPhone in terms of privacy and security?

Attached: B74DC640-9C07-455A-AD65-08798CC45535.png (800x497, 379K)

At $400 which should I get

Pixel 3a
>top tier camera
>3 years of the fastest updates in the industry
>absolutely stock Android
>wide support of carriers in the USA

Razerphone2
>high refresh display
>larger battery
>SD845 vs Pixel's 670

Attached: 20190810_004741.jpg (799x1165, 699K)

cnet.com/news/android-malware-that-comes-preinstalled-are-a-massive-threat/
WTF i love iOS now

It's far superior, but be aware that some crucial applications might not work or at least have some problems. You might need a second phone for these.

What do you mainly do on your phone? Do you use the headphone jack a lot?

The fuck are you on about? Get a Nokia 8.1 for the same price as a 3a, you get.

>Better Storage
>Better Processor
>Screen that atleast tries to lose bezels unlike the hideous display of the 3a

You google/stocktards have some fetish I swear to god.

OneUI Samshit lags???