/hpg/

Headphone general thread. Discussion of headphones & headphone gear.
For recommendations:
>budget
>open/closed
>sound preferences

Attached: orpheus.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B07MZJMGKZ/
monoprice.com/product?p_id=29516
rtings.com/headphones/reviews/sennheiser/hd-599#comparison_2030
rtings.com/headphones/reviews/sennheiser/hd-58x-jubilee#comparison_2030
youtube.com/watch?v=qSzH4DMo618
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Would the Takstar pro 82's offer better noise isolation and sound than the tin t2's? Need something for on the go use and wanna upgrade from my tin t2s.

>noise isolation
no
>sound
yes

If I need better isolation am I better off just getting another iem, or are there any good cheap headphones that have better isolation?

>>budget
Around the $150 price range
>>open/closed
Closed since I'm living in a place with thin walls and roommates. Going to be travelling with this so I'd prefer something easy to drive even if it isn't very portable
>>sound preferences
Neutral/Slightly warm headphones. Can't stand fatiguing headphones like the shp9500.
Prefer something without harsh highs and grain but I won't be too picky since I'm a poorfag

Attached: 1564622287789.jpg (840x525, 62K)

Focal spirit one s. The build quality sucks, sound is great. Earcups are a bit small.

I don't know shit about headphones and music/sound in general.
I have the Takstar pro 82 and they seem okay, not great but okay. what's a good step up from them? I think I prefer closed with flat sound (like not specializing in any area) but I dunno
my budget would probably be like 100-120 ameribucks max.

Attached: Azumanga Daiou 08 [F795C4C7]00_11_12.905.jpg (712x534, 32K)

Reminder that Sabaj D5 is better that whatever your "endgame DAC" was. And it features a decent enough headphone amp.

Pro82s are already really good in the sub $120 range. I would save up to get the m1060c for $300.

Attached: 295131.jpg (1200x900, 55K)

Are those detachable cables, or is the picture fooling me?

They are.

>>budget
300 dollarinos
>>open/closed
Closed as fuck
>>sound preferences
neutral to warm, if it is a little more bass is ok

Hmm most closed headphones in the $300 range are somewhat bright. m1060c has the sound you're looking for but they aren't super closed. The wood cups do let in some noise. If isolation is a must then I'd say AKG K553 but they might still sound a bit bright.

I'll try the AKG, thank you user

Which headphones have the blackest nigger bass but still have existent highs?

Attached: 1560112393323.png (1000x1000, 408K)

Elex

Attached: elex.jpg (820x547, 39K)

try the AKGs out in person
I personally did for the K550 in store with a phone source and it didn't sound like how my K701s did
consider other options like maybe Beyers or Fostex, maybe Denon if you don't like Fostex's design

do you really want headphones? Sounds like you might do well with a good pair of IEMs instead

>budget
$350
>open/closed
closed
>sound preference
neutral or warm, looking for something to listen to choral music with, also prefer wired

Is a Topping DX3 Pro gonna be good for the m1060? By that I mean, is it gonna be noticeable at least against the onboard mobo sound?

M1060c is probably the best closed headphone outside of spending thousands right now.
Yeah, they are pretty efficient. I have dynamics that are harder to drive then them. The major improvement you'll probably notice from using the dx3 is the reduced interference noise from your mobo. Make sure to use the optical input though.

Budget: fairly cheap, up to 50 eur but up to 100 if there is some real exceptional stuff there.
closed cans
sound doesnt matter too much, but i prefer warm over sharp.
I need mostly batteries that last long and bluetooth 5.0 or close to it for maximum range.

Okay, so I need bluetooth headphones for work. I work on a "high security" part of a factory, so i can't bring my music with me (no data carrying devices whatsoever). However my locker is close enough (outside that high security area) that with a bluetooth transmitter I can send music to my headphones (50m or less). For this I picked a Blitzwolf BW-BR4, although i havent bought it yet.

The issue is that the radio station blasted full volume at work is fucking awful and its starting to drive me nuts. So I need to block as much outside noise as possible while still being able to hear my own shit.
At first I wanted in-ears with some big ass noise blocking earmuffs, but most in-ears dont last a full work day. The other way around might work better, with earplugs and big ass cans blasting my own music right on top.

I don't need top notch stuff, battery life plus noise cancelling is the most important, and i need to be able to move around with them.

Monoprice 8323 wireless.
>no data carrying devices whatsoever
Can you bring a cassette player?

I'm kinda scared of getting the DX3 though, many people are saying the circuits are blowing out. Don't want the thing to short itself and damage the headphones too.

Heh, I literally discussed what was possible with a colleague and both cassettes and minidiscs came up. And yeah, even though you can actually save data on a cassette, it would be such a hassle that pretty much any budget James Bond shit available these days would be easier. In times of microSD cards and cameras in glasses, im fairly sure they'd give a walkman a pass. And yes, that same colleague is now considering bringing his old Walkman and cassettes.

Monoprice 8323 wireless doesnt seem to be easily available here in the Netherlands...

not headphones but don't know where else to ask
yamaha hs7 or 8s?

First for END GAME

Attached: CCE6425C-ECF0-4707-BD2B-DEF48D445AAC.jpg (3517x2736, 1.7M)

>budget
Up to 200€
>open/closed
closed
>sound preferences
PC/phone (Tidal, Spotify etc)

Attached: nightcrawler-movie-background-hd-2560x1440-450978.jpg (2560x1440, 523K)

Found a decent pair of IEMs for $6. amazon.com/gp/product/B07MZJMGKZ/

>+tangle free cord
>+mostly neutral freq response
>+above-average soundstage/separation for IEMs
>-bass is recessed and a bit uncontrolled; you'll hear kick drums more than you'll feel them
>-has the usual 10khz+ rolloff problem many IEMs share
>-distorts at high volumes

The brand itself has a presence on Aliexpress but doesn't sell this particular model there.

Attached: 61NqqBRyCTL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 106K)

Tascam TH-02 with brainwavz pads.
>PC/phone (Tidal, Spotify etc)
Sound preferences means what kind of tonality you prefer, as in how do you want the bass, mids, and treble to sound.

So what’s listening with, user?

Attached: 574FCE00-F7F6-44B1-9BF7-D165F6EA0282.jpg (4032x2460, 1.91M)

If you want good sound isolation get DT770, they are cheaper and much more robust in terms of build quality compared to flimsy m1060. If you aren't fond of the intense V shape sound signature look up for some foams inserts and put them inside the earcups, should tame the treble. I think AK240 foam inserts work.

Attached: 1497229652459-1.jpg (300x284, 28K)

Im new to this stuff. I just got a sennheiser 58x and a schiit stack modi and magni did I do good?

sure whatever

Solid

>ant infestion in house
>they all go inside my headphone

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Any tips to get rid of them from my headphone now? I already sprayed pesticide everywhere

Attached: 3weeB9q.jpg.png (752x440, 295K)

>get m560 for 50 bucks
>no cables
>how hard could it be to find a 3.5mm to 3.55 Y cable

Fucking son of a bitch... Would getting a 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter plug work?

Is this what you need?
monoprice.com/product?p_id=29516

LCD-X from a Fiio X3 1st gen to test out how well they run on a portable player. I need a taller headphone stand cause the LCDs hit the bottom of the stand. Any suggestions?

Attached: IMG_1697.jpg (1920x1280, 1.18M)

Not him but those are 2.5mm. On the m560 It uses dual 3.5mm on the driver side

I use these Woo Audio adjustable stands with mine, pretty happy with em but they are maybe pricey.

Attached: 02D931C7-19C7-435D-910D-B90020237FEB.jpg (3024x2479, 1.23M)

If you can afford lcd-x's, you can probably afford one of those wooden stands that your cans sit on
If that isnt your thing you can probably use some wallmounted shit, probably with screws since audezes are heavy or something that clamps on a table, like the henga for example

Poorbros, what are you listening to / with right now? Hope you're having fun!

Like what said, those are 2.5mm. That's why I was wondering if a plug adapter would work since I have an m1060 with those cables. Periapt cables cost too much and I suck at soldering.

Attached: IMG_20190811_154006-2016x1512.jpg (2016x1512, 632K)

Get a basin of water, a headphone stand and put the stand in the middle of the basin, creating some kind of moat.

Are the m560 cables stereo/3-pole connectors on the headphone end? The m1060 cables are mono/2-pole. It doesn't make any sense why they would be 3-pole though.

I think they're stereos on the driver end. Let me check Zeos' review.

3 pole. I'll probably just get a 2 female - single male and two 3.5mm male to male and jury rig it or something so there's that.

B
U
Y

S
T
A
X

>wan't to test If I like closed headphones
>country hick town doesn't have any electronics store that lets you try on headphones

fuck me in the ass

buy off amazon, if you don’t like return for full refund

i'm gonna get the 880's of the 600ohm variant for ASMR and 4ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Mine sits on a Sieveking Omega. It's nice all be it a bit expensive, but worth it to look after your expensive headphones.

>implying I'm american

Greetings from /a/.

AKG Q701 + Schitt Lyr and ATH-W1000X + Nuforce Icon HD.

Attached: hf.jpg (1037x1301, 243K)

stax incel spotted

I need a new headphones after you guys mentioned how disappointing the SHP9500 sounds. Planning to get HD58X mainly for movies and vidya, did I make the right choice?

>buying cables that expensive, especially for those headphones.

jesus

imagine being poor

imagine being a neckbeard who buys naked dolls lmao. Is mummy proud?

Where are your Grados, Jow Forums?

Attached: D823F561-2769-4CAD-9D1F-7C0282C58FED.jpg (970x647, 342K)

in the dumpster where the belong lmoa

I have a potentially good deal on a Stax SRS-4170. Is it good to see what the Stax fuss is about ?

yup

Incredible

are they still good for the money? I need something for my Thinkpad. I don't mind paying much more but I am most happy when I get 85% performance for minimum price. Please help brainlet out

Attached: porta pro.jpg (1500x1500, 126K)

Yes they're really good for the money.

Can anyone recommend a good set of Bluetooth on-ear headphones?
I was going to buy the BOSE Soundlink ones but they discontinued them and now only sell the over/around ear ones.
Ideally, I'd like a set of HD-25s with Bluetooth instead of a cable.
Noise cancelling isn't an issue for me.

Listening to ya bois

Attached: 69041925_348853709402777_2984016081804328960_n.jpg (1080x2340, 550K)

fuck outta here with Koss and AKG, pic related

Attached: LZ A4.jpg (1080x1080, 101K)

they are shit and always were shit, however, boomers love them because there was (almost) nothing better thirty years ago for that price

Good song

>budget
from 400$ - 1500$
>open/closed
open
>Sound preferences
Deep colorful bass, a type of sound that goes well with ambient music, dub techno or EDM.
I already have the Sony wh-1000xm3, so I'm looking for an upgrade that I can use at home.

Attached: Sheep.png (212x232, 32K)

As someone who has only listened to trash headphones, would any upgrade be good enough to be worth it, or do I have to make the "right" upgrade?

Pic related. Please no bully.
See discounted price from a local HiFi show. Then I auditioned it along with Stellia And Empyrean with the mighty ADI-2 DAC and finally decided to get the Utopia.
Got crisp response and lots of detail. A kind of upgrade but also another approach from Fostex TH-900.
I think I still need a lot of burn-in time though because muh beryllium dome. Cheers.

Attached: utopia.jpg (1296x2304, 2.59M)

how do you like the 6khz peak

it's almost too much with the Elex so I can't imagine the Utopia

I don't know if the crossfeed in the ADI-2 DAC helps a bit or not, but I cannot quite feel the harshness.
Maybe I'm just used to those bright/harsh sound so I don't really care. Unless you give me a constant or frequent >12kHz peak/spike/pulse and then I will get really annoyed.

So user, whatre you listening with?

Attached: E405ECF3-7CC8-459F-83B2-58618E3DEA72.jpg (4032x2313, 1.82M)

Verum Audio Verum One. I was all-in on speakers during the past two months because of heat, and I must say that it's nice listening with good open headphones.

I'm looking for headphones with noise cancelling, cause I'm often in a train where people talk on their phones like retards and it's getting on my nerves. I would prefer something which can be used with a cable, if battery runs out and that doesn't look completely retarded when walking around in public with.
I currently use Beyerdynamics DT770 pro and I love them. But I'm not sure if BD is any good with noise canceling as well.
Money doesn't really matter as long as it's not a complete audiophile meme ripoff.

>all your music now sounds like its playing from the room next door

Attached: 2019-08-11 12_59_24-.png (588x226, 11K)

I've heard Bose Quietcomfort is very good sound quality wise. I've had Sony MDR1000x myself and they sound a bit dull, also bad without noise cancelling on, but they're top comfort.

I'm seconds away from buying these.
Anything else I should consider or do I just order them?

Attached: Aeolus.jpg (750x575, 51K)

Getting an iphone with only usb-c, is the FiiO K3 a good dac/amp? And how does it work? I’m currently using an E18 to drive my Sennheiser earphones and Philips Fidelio.

some chi-fi IEMS will be way better, will have removable cable more comfortable and better sound, I owned 2 porta pros also had a limited edition like 8 years ago...I have tin t2s and I am very happy with them also have HD600 and m60x's
Get Tin T2s better sound and removable if something gets fukked...

Should I buy myself some sennheiser cx3.00?

They're dirt cheap and I'm not that big of an audiophile myself. I just want to listen to music while I commute. Are they a good option? I know they're in-ear and that's why I'm more comfortable with them since I don't have to walk around with a pair on my neck.

Thoughts?

>budget
$175
>open/closed
Prefer open, have m50s and want something with wider soundstage and also gayman on pc without forgetting how loud I’m actually talking
>sound preferences
Like I said I have m50s and I like the bass on them, don’t know if you can really get something with nice bass and be more open, and not something with ear piercing highs

HD 58X

I would love to gt the chance to listen on some Sony R10.

When I read about to what bullshit lengths Sony went to make these I just got the feeling I wanna know how they feel and sound.

Pic related is Little Bear B4.
I tried it from my friend.
I realize that it works well for lossless audios.
But do absolute nothing to mp3 musics.
So i'm wondering if this will also do any good for gaming on PC?
Or is there other amp recommended?
It don't necessarily to be portable.

Attached: Untitled.png (464x463, 151K)

Something planar, m1060(c) or Audeze.
There's a lot of really good headphones in any price range. What's your budget?
Sennheiser HD599. I'd recommend the 598s but doesn't seem you can get those anymore. I recommend them over 58X cause I like the physical design better, lighter, less clamp, and more open.

How do you like the sound between 58x and 599?

either
flat

Attached: 1563731325220.jpg (1023x959, 36K)

Looking for wireless (with optional wire) over-ear headphones without ANC.

>budget
around 300$, if it's really worth it might go up to 400$
>open/closed
closed as fuck (so I don't need stupid ANC that will mess with sound)
>sound preferences
Classic, Psybient, Death / Black Metal, Progressive Psy

ATH M50xBT?

I don't have the 58X to compare but I have 650s. Judging by the headphone enclosure, I would guess the 58X is bassier but less open then the 598.
Takstar 580
>Psybient, Progressive Psy
Favorite artists?

Alright. I ordered the 58x some time ago (still haven't arrived) when I could have gotten 599 for $50 less. Hope it'll be comfortable enough because I really hate excessive clamp.

Judging by these, HD 559 has more pronounced high bass and treble than 58x, with a bit better soundstage.
rtings.com/headphones/reviews/sennheiser/hd-599#comparison_2030
rtings.com/headphones/reviews/sennheiser/hd-58x-jubilee#comparison_2030

>ATH M50xBT
Yeah these look kinda nice, will investigate them.

>Favorite artists?
I'm not so much a favorite artists kind of guy, but these come to mind: Solar Fields, Phaxe (& Morten Granau), Neelix
Currently I'm very into Plaid though: youtube.com/watch?v=qSzH4DMo618

Check out Dreamstate Logic

>Dreamstate Logic
sounds very promising thanks.

Looking for some decent headphones with bluetooth capability, but if possible also a wired option for plugging into standard headphone jacks

>budget
$200 or so
>open/closed
Closed. Not necessarily noise cancelling but something to at least buffer out commute-based chatter and noise (including but not limited to train noise, people talking, buskers playing instruments, and inconsiderate fucks who just blast their phone musicwithout headphones). I also don't want noise leak.
>sound preferences
I'm not especially an audiophile, but I'd say the most important things are not sounding overly tinny at the high or low ends. It's primarily for listening to podcasts, watching videos, and a mix of music that I'd consider varied enough that I don't want to commit to a genre to gear my headphones for.

Bosshifi B8