Is app based banking such as Monzo, Starling Bank and Apple Card the future Jow Forums

Is app based banking such as Monzo, Starling Bank and Apple Card the future Jow Forums

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (300x222, 8K)

I was briefly tempted by GreenDot because of the 3% cash back on debit purchases.

You read the fine print and you can only redeem the rewards once a year and only after the first year lmao.

>Look at me I'm a tripfag
Not your personal blog, fuck off cunt.

Greendot is not a app based fintech app tho
it's a legacy bank

Does it offer paper checks? If not, then it's not a viable option for many people.

I hope not, because i have already decided to commit suicide if it becomes a thing. It would be nothing but a tool to enforce the globohomo agenda.

Attached: sweet release.gif (255x187, 788K)

I use Monzo as my daily and salary account. No problems so far.

What would it take to overthrow the Visa/Mastercard duopoly?

Yes, though I still have an account open with a traditional bank for cheques and deposits.

Attached: 1537170619046.jpg (1733x1155, 374K)

No, it's the present actual reality.
At least if you live in a non-cucked country like Russia.

Here even the biggest and oldest legacy banks are going digital and you can do anything with your money through an app.

The fuck is that card?

More people using Discover or AMEX, both of which have their own banking (AMEX calls theirs Bluebird).

>More people using Discover or AMEX,

Only burgers.

Just a regular card, the info that's usually on the front is just moved to the back.

Attached: 1536807089030.jpg (1512x2016, 369K)

Congrats on the patrician keyboard choice. Is it the one with the fingerprint?

Yep, fingerprint is slower over bluetooth than I'd like compared to wired.

Ah. It's an australian bank card. Ok. I had never heard of the Up card before. That's why.

Isn't AMEX worldwide?

There are many places in Euro, and many more places towers Asia that won't recognize AMEX.

But it IS worldwide, yeah? Like you can apply for an AMEX card in Europe or Asia, right?

newfag leave

Monzo is shit. N26 and Revolut are better.

Yes.

>implying cashless transaction is the future

Fucking niggers in africa have cashless trasaction as part and parcel of their economy for more than 10 years

Attached: IMG_20190811_204117.jpg (1080x2030, 287K)

They're great, specially in my 3rd world shithole.

It would be in europe where checks are not as common

I'm 27 and have never written a check. Simple bank used to have an option in their app to mail a paper check which was really nice, they'd mail the check the next day. They got rid of it for some reason.

Simple is still the one I recommend the most though, NO overdrafts ever, 2% interest, and incredibly usefull budgeting tools. They even respond to recommendations. I asked for the ability to set monthly "savings goals" for bills and such, and the ability to have it allocate a portion of your paycheck automatically toward the goal, and they implemented it just a few months later. (They did say lots of people asked for that feature)

>cheques

Attached: 6826C09B-180F-4FB5-820C-45AA40FCEDFE.jpg (800x800, 72K)

I've been using Revolut almost exclusively for a year. It's pretty comfy desu.

>ordered a book of checks when i started working
>any time i think I might need a check I find out i can just pay them with the bill-pay feature of my online banking
what a waste of $12

How do you get your money out of these online-only bank apps?
Do they just mail you a check to go to a real bank?
What the fuck?

Its a credit card

you can still withdraw cash with the UK ones.

It's how people will lose their savings in the future.

You can withdraw the cash at an ATM or transfer it to another bank.

Yes. I don’t carry cash. I use debit card when Apple Pay is not accepted and only when I have to. Other than that I have a wallet for my driver’s license, but plan on getting a Ridge-type wallet or phone case to carry debit and license.

Apple Pay allows me to keep my information secure and doesn’t even require a pin. I don’t have to give anything. I instantly see how much I paid. I don’t trust Pajeet’s little device to tell me the true price. Nor do I trust him. I see exactly where the money goes and to who. Unlike a bank statement where they can put whatever bullshit they want. Apple gives direct coordinates and specific info.

I don’t have to worry about being scammed or them added more charges later. Instant proof and all that. Plus a credit card now? Done deal.

Funny how people make fun of Apple but they’re trusting their info to some bank and random people. Which by the way remember to opt out of them selling your info or you’ll get non stop ads for cards in the mail.

>namefag
>tripfag
>"be awesome"
Son I am a disappoint

So does China.

Money is largely credit based, thus if you're in a country(china) that has large acceptance of these digital credits, you're fine. Japan also has something similar to digital credit and so does Korea, but China's scale is absolutely gigantic.

The Apple Card is backed by Goldman Sachs and MasterCard. They have your transaction history, as well as all your private data too.

this. you can buy some crypto within revolut app also.

Good thing we aren’t talking about the Apple Card, eh Rajeesh?

Mods and Jannies can you please permaban these clueless Jow Forumscuck tourists? It's starting to ruin the board.

This, the "cash is for criminals" narrative thats been going on is just the tip of the ice(((berg))).

I personally use Ally for debit/savings for their 1.9% interest rate to keep up with inflation, Wells Fargo for international transactions, a "2% cash back on all purchases" credit card, and TD Ameritrade for boomer stock mutual funds. Pretty satisfied with my current setup, and see no reason to switch to any of these new meme banks.

What keyboard?

>caring about interest rate

>Not caring about interest rates
Having usd just sitting in a checking/savings balance with no interest being gained means that money is losing ~2% of its purchasing power annually. Why would you not care about that? I have a 7 figure boomer stock portfolio and still care about shit like that. Every bit matters, otherwise you're just pissing money away to Jews.

>having a savings account

>not keeping some sort of emergency reserve in a savings account

Unless it's a public credit union or other regulated public benefit foundation, I'm wary. Regular for profit banks are bad enough , but consider how Airbnb and Uber claim they're just apps in order to get around due diligence and maximize profit - so many cashless apps are very similar, not exactly a bank, not under the same privacy regulations etc .

Why should I when I have six figures in stock?