>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?&v=IhX0fOUYd8Q

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. The stronger 3400G sells for $150. (R3K APUs OCs better than R2K)
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOL, stock is limited

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI @ ~$230/Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing scales better into 4K than Navi does. OR upscale from lower resolution with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come within a week. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important for gaming
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>Don't use Speccy
>Beware sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss)
>Beware and report the permaban evading Jow Forums spammer who posts fake benchmarks
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors + SSD Guide under "more"

more rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: over9000.png (407x390, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cokvu4/xfx_at_it_again_unsoldered_steel_plate_contacting/
youtube.com/watch?v=a1ZvlK3jAvM
tftcentral.co.uk/
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/4g7DpG
amazon.fr/SAPPHIRE-Pulse-Radeon-GDDR6-Triple/dp/B07VYZL7HK/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=5700 xt&qid=1565249942&s=gateway&sr=8-1
amazon.fr/gp/offer-listing/B07VYZL7HK/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I swapped out my motherboard and CPU today since I was long overdue for some kind of upgrade. The old CPU was an i7 6700k (LGA 1151 slot) and I used it up until the very hour I disassembled the computer so I know the motherboard and CPU worked immediately before disassembly. I noticed the pins looked like pic related, with some appearing to be bent, as soon as pulled the CPU out. Is the motherboard still working or is it fucked?

I'd like to make a few bucks at resale if it still works, but no big deal if it doesn't since I've already sold off the old CPU to a friend.

Attached: isitfucked.jpg (1728x1812, 967K)

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cokvu4/xfx_at_it_again_unsoldered_steel_plate_contacting/
don't buy XFX

Instead buy Biostar.

asus confirmed 16th aug for strix
powercolor confirmed 16th aug
sapphire is listed for 30th of aug but it may be just a place holder

I'm having a hard time to decide between the MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon vs GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE.

They're both almost the same price where I live if I pay for the bios update service for the Carbon.

First build, please critique. I don't want to spend more than 3000, but I do want something super solid. Thanks.

Attached: build01.png (1346x879, 102K)

>9GHz
Thank you based AMD Intel is pozzed housefired and bankrupt.

I do a lot of reading on PC. Currently using a 22" Dell 2209WA monitor, would upgrading to a 27" be too big for comfort when reading?

ther msi is of better quality
more PCIe slots, possibility to install wifi in the future, better VRM, more sata ports
but it doesn't have flashback button so you'll need a cpu to flash bios

Check out a monitor in a local store. All depends on the person.

When are the good 5700 xt aib coming out ahhhh, tired of waiting

Attached: 1552376462957.png (236x231, 88K)

you need to try and fallow some guides to straighten them, or no one should pay more than non functioning parts prices for it.

> $360 motherboard
> m.2 ssd for mass storage

Noob question here : when buying a 3700x, i have read that the ventirad is provided. Is it already assembled or do I need to buy thermal paste?

>X470 board
>Better VRM than a X570 board
Wew lad, must be hard being this retarded. The VRM's on the Aorus Elite shit all over the Gaming Pro Carbon which is just a glorified B450 board in reality.

people said the sapphire is the best I can get, is that true or are asus/powercolor almost the same and acceptable ?

youtube.com/watch?v=a1ZvlK3jAvM
Buildzoid loves the board. Great value X570 board.

People are being shitters. Wait for reviews and teardowns from GN and Buildzoid on the AIB cards. Don't ever ASSUME a brand is going to make a good card just on their past cards.

the aorus elite is low tier mobo, they're using garbage bin SiC634 VRM to cut costs while the MSI is using 4C029N
you're comparing a low end x570 to a high end x470
usually sapphire tends to produce the best amd GPU
but powercolor is very close in quality

It doesn't matter if it uses dumber lower quality phases because there's more of them

>LG 27GL850-B
>UK was shipped only 20 panels for August
>next shipment won't be until late September, and still won't have enough for all existing preorders
Guess I won't be getting one any time soon now.

Attached: 27GL850-B.jpg (1500x1500, 242K)

>more of them
just 1 more on the CPU and one LESS on the SoC
aorus elite shouldn't be compared to gaming pro carbon, the aorus pro is the one that's same tier as x470 gaming pro carbon

should I replace stock Define R5 fans or not? they don't seem to push a lot

Choose the best out od these monitors, Jow Forums

Attached: Capture.png (560x321, 26K)

I love that monitor stand. I have the 27" 1080p 144Hz one and the Vesa stand is to die for so you are bound to love it for that ine in the future.

VRMs already insulated to hell, it shouldn't matter unless you damage VRM package on PCB

check for response time and freesync/gsync support

it's also only a pulse card, which is usually meh

Get better SSDs (something like corsair mp510/ Samsung evo plus for system drive) and drop the led garbage. Instead of AIO spend 80 $ on a high end cpu air cooler and swap case to FD Define C.

true
but even a pulse is an assured good quality GPU compared to the average 5700xt

Plz respond I'm brainlet

the thermal paste is already pre applied to the heatsink
all you have to do is screw it to the mobo
>ventirad
wtf is that word btw

asus fucked up 3xx and 4xx series cards with their shitty dierectCU cooler fits all size, it didn't fit. also damn rgb everywhere you can't disable permanently
powercolor is hit and miss. their top end performs well but also they go bonkers on power limits
sapphire , mid tier cards are just normal, high end cards usually perfect amd cards
no clue aobut MSi
gigabyte graphics cards in general have a mediocre rep
XFX from bottom tier to top tier
ASRock no clue, they make AMD cards too now

>wtf is that word
It's frog for 'heatsink'

Thy all have freesync and 1ms response time

is there any reason to even consider a gtx 2070 super over the rx 5700 xt? i mean, the gtx is 100 bucks more expensive so it must offer something, right? its certainly not performance and i get the feeling im overlooking something.

ventilateur+radiateur
this sounds double plus good

check for brightness and contrast
check for warranty
check for price
pick the best
at this point they're all pretty much the same

if you really, really want RTX in 3 games
if you really really need those 5-7fps above 5700XT
per AMD tradition 2070S will not even have that 7 fps in a year
money wise 5700XT is a perfect card in current market conditions for 2-3 years at 1440, I doubt new consoles will be THAT powerful to nullify even pascal cards in 3 years

bought that samsung for 180 usd and its preddy gud, no bad pixels, nice colors angles, a bit of ghosting tho but not so terrible, is a gud monitor overall

tftcentral.co.uk/
buy only properly reviewed monitors.

I wanna ask again, would a tiny amount of thermal paste (probably conductive) actually be harmful if it was stuck inside one of the holes in my mobo socket?
There's not enough to block the pin from contacting the mobo and it'd only be touching one pin so no shorts

switch it on and find out, thermal paste usually is not conductive
the pin got to touch contact it supposed to touch though without barriers

nth for my 3600 x b450 tomahawk still wont post

It's the AMD stock cooler paste, and apparently that has a bit of conductivity. I'm afraid that popping my cpu in and flowing power through the board will toast both of them.
I wanna try isopropyl alcohol but even then I'm worried that'd corrode the socket plastic

The RTX is 100 bucks more expensive because the only RX 5700 XT versions out there right now are shitty blower cards. Once the AIB versions come out for the RX series the price gap will only be 40 bucks because board partners will ask more bucks for their fancy versions. And at that price point it's gonna be harder for AMD to compete.

I've been building PCs for over 20 years and not once have I ever had one randomly fail to post with supported hardware without there being an actual hardware fault requiring replacement.
I almost want this to happen to me just so I can diagnose and figure out how the fuck this happens to anyone ever.

>isopropyl alcohol but even then I'm worried that'd corrode the socket plastic
it won't. can your board go in bios without CPU? try that first

Isopropyl alchohol is non corrosive. That's why it's also used to clean cuts and wounds.

>RTX cards don't have AIB markup

Iso does absolutely nothing to the kinds of plastics they use on PCBs and isn't even conductive.

Can I get a rate? au.pcpartpicker.com/list/4g7DpG
Trying to keep my budget at $1800 max. Mainly for gaming, photoshop, video editing and eventually programming.

Attached: fake vs real epstein.jpg (446x282, 18K)

I guess my usual solvent isn't exactly isopropyl alcohol then...
I'll give it a shot, thanks anons

building PCs for 20 years with an IQ that renders you unable to Google? the b450 tomahawk bios chip is too small to make ryzen 3000 cpus post 100% of the time or even once which is why the re-released a new version (tomahawk MAX) with a bigger chip and attempted to fix the problem with a smaller bios that changed the GUI of the bios settings dramatically to no avail

it's same 16mb chip as my gaming 5, MSI being faggots and lie through their teeth instead of admitting they fucked up

lowest aib 2070s is 600 eur
high tier 2070s is 750 eur
high tier 5700xt aib is 450 eur

try harder

>lowest tier is 600 EUR
The AMDcope is real

Attached: CopeHarder.jpg (2096x290, 39K)

yeah, i'm never buying an MSI product again

>Highest tier is 750
This help you sleep at night?

Attached: CopeEvenHarder.jpg (1337x711, 136K)

i live in france m8
not everyone gets to have germany's prices

>low tier zotac card +35
>mid teir MSI card +100
woah, what a way to prove the guy right

low tier 5700xt is 400 eur
135 eur less
high tier 5700xt is 450 eur (sapphire pulse)
that's 150 eur less
and your msi isn't even high tier, it's mid tier
now show me those high tier EVGA

thanks for proving my point based retard

>MSI
>mid tier
Top kek friend
Ok, what do YOU consider high tier?

EVGA or kingpin

Should i get a 3600 or 3700x for future proofing?
I want to play games and stream as well.

>bios chip is too small to make ryzen 3000 cpus post 100% of the time
The size of the flash chip on the board has absolutely nothing to do with the reliability of the firmware on it. It either fits or it doesn't.
Not only did my Tomahawk post reliabily on the 16MB 'lite' bios, but I later performed a completely unsupported mod (replace the winbond spi flash with a 32MB part and flash MAX firmware) and that's worked flawlessly as well. What I suspect is happening is that people aren't following the flashback instructions to the letter when updating the board for 3000 series chips. The flashback feature has absolutely no idiot-proofing.

asus strix O8G and EVGA high end cards

You bought a case marketed as quiet. Adding more powerful fans will hurt that. So I would only do it if I was having serious overheating issues.

>Pulse
>high tier
Ow Im laughing now

>EVGA
Sure, here you go friend

Attached: EVGA.jpg (1328x712, 137K)

I was thinking adding PWM fans would make it quieter at idle

It will. The stock fans Fractal includes are shit and the only reason they're even remotely quiet is because they hardly do anything at all.
Replacing them with noctuas or bequiets would provide better airflow while also being quieter but that's an expensive path to take.

sapphire is the lowest high tier
>Sure, here you go friend
fair enough since this is pulse tier
but against nitro+ (let's say they put them at 499 eur) i highly doubt you can find me FTW3 cards that don't have at least a 200eur gap

huh?

Attached: 654634664556.jpg (2205x967, 218K)

>cheapest high tier 2070s
>still 150 eur higher than cheapest high tier 5700xt

>700 eur card vs 450-500 eur cards from amd
>guize the price gap is small

to be fair we don't know AIB prices yet, but I doubt it goes beyond $430 for pulse card everyone should probably get
though, asus strix cards might go up to $460-480

>I doubt it goes beyond $430 for pulse card
amazon.fr/SAPPHIRE-Pulse-Radeon-GDDR6-Triple/dp/B07VYZL7HK/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=5700 xt&qid=1565249942&s=gateway&sr=8-1
50 eur is worth it IMO

I was thinking about getting Arctic fans, they seem to performs as well as noctua for the price of x2 noctua for x5 pack

>i highly doubt you can find me FTW3 cards that don't have at least a 200eur gap
Ow but that's where you're wrong my friend :)

Attached: EVGAFTW3.jpg (1234x564, 75K)

The MAX firmware just gives you back the flashy graphical UI and the ability to save profiles. It doesn't do anything for stability. What I bet is happening is that people are setting up the usb drive wrong for the initial update and it doesn't flash at all or flashes garbage, or they pull the damn thing out early.

>What is price searching
Look around different stores retard, look at

is it a preorder? preorders are tricky, powercolor devil card got listed for ~500 pounds in UK

yes it's a pre order
prolly going to bump the price up once they have it on stock
better pre order now to keep a decent price

>Cables HDMI catagory
You sure this is legit? Looks kinda shady

I've already regretted buying R5 3600. One bench shows that even i5-8400 is better, another one shows that AMD is better, bla-bla. Can't trust these shills anymore.

They perform pretty well and aren't too loud, but they are still noticeably louder than noctua/bequiet.

it's still six hundred thirty five euros. SIX HUNDRED THIRTY FIVE for a 2070 card.
you are still not proving him wrong user, you got lost in semantics and strawman numbers listing 635 cards proving him right even more

don't worry it's sold by amazon
amazon.fr/gp/offer-listing/B07VYZL7HK/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Built a PC but was undecided on a second drive, I've filled my 512GB boot SSD but can't decide between a 1TB SSD or 2-4TB HDD for a second drive
Mainly for vidya and general storage

if you're going to install games do it on the ssd and transfer all your storage on a high capacity HDD
or start burning DVD of things you want to store

>I want you to list the best of the best card!
>I want you to list it for cheap!
>I bet you can't do it for less than 700 EUR!
>Nono listing it for less than 700 EUR doesn't count! It's still too much!
>Waaaah why is it more expensive than my shitty pulse?!
Pathetic

lolwut
AGESA is what initializes the CPU and that's provided directly to the manufacturer by AMD as a binary library that they link into the BIOS image. They can't shroedinger-link a platform blob so it'll only init some of the time. If they were to screw up building that part of the BIOS it would just never work for anybody.

Based retard

Ignore that poster. It really is some Francois Piednoel tier mental gymnastics

Attached: 1560524016573.png (603x224, 20K)

the 5700 xt asus customs is 600 eur here
the 2070s msi ventus is 600
then the rest of the 2070s are 650-700

cant wait for the mass replying amd shill to show up and start screeching

why is the pg27uq so much more expensive than the x27? specs wise they look the same

>here
>doesn't say where
>doesn't provide pics

Attached: 1565181408485.jpg (300x400, 31K)

>the 5700 xt asus customs is 600 eur here
asus at it again, I guess triple slot cooler and 2010Mhz worth it if you want it
they are silent cards, but that asus tax is too much
am I going to buy MSI this gen? I'm scared of MSI.