The most useless device on earth

Only for Clowns

Attached: 20190811_182109.jpg (2896x2896, 695K)

it's useful if you have diabetes and need to measure your shit 24/7

but aside from that it's useless

looks like they are aiming it at women and sweaty wogs

It's at least funny to watch them frenetically switch between the watch and their phone at dinner just to read and reply to a message.

Got one for free, unless you want to track your workout it's actually super fucking annoying to wear, just constantly demanding your attention for notifications etc.

no one will be using this shit outside the gym in 5 years

Because it's used wrong.
You're supposed to "Let go";
Think of this:
>Need to check time on phone
>Oh look, 20 notifications
>3h have passed looking at your phone

You are supposed to just briefly check your watch to relive of smartphone, not actually "use it". It's a watch

If you don't lift there's no reason to own a smartwatch, it looks so stupid
Get a real watch instead man, roll your sleeves up and look fashionable, not like a fucking basedlord

Smart watches are a status symbol you pleb. Nobody gets impressed by your shitty Rolex clone anymore, grandpa

Yeah a 3000$ gaming PC is much more useful than a fitness tracker.
Stay mad fatso.

Attached: 1564781528890.jpg (600x552, 93K)

>status symbol
iirc smart watches are only a couple hundred dollars the only people your impressing or have a status above is broke jobless people

>status symbol
That you're using a fitness tracker when you don't care about fitness? It's like a 350lbs fat dude wearing a gym outfit while eating at mcdonalds, it just makes you look worse than if you didn't do that in the first place.

but a regular watch accomplishes that far better because you dont see the notifications like you do on a smartwatch.

>status symbol

what ? maybe if you have a nice swiss watch but not some plastic toy throwaway bullshit.

Cope more, boomernigger. Everyone can afford a Rolex and a Lambo today, they don't function as status symbols anymore.

Maybe in India or other third world shitholes like America, but not in the first world.

A smart watch is a solution looking for a problem.

>check smartwatch
>oh look, 20 notifications
>pull out phone

The thing is the watch shows you what those notifications are. It's a much lower engagement act to just pull up your watch for a second, rather than yanking your phone out when it vibrates. Some people find that helpful.

fitness tracking shit is dumb. i want a smartwatch where I can change watch faces and battery lasts more than a few days.

If those people lack such self control, I find it hard to believe they won't respond to those notifications simply because it requires them to take an action that takes all of 1-2 seconds.

Are you retarded? That is what everyone your replied to said.

Again, some people find that helpful. I find it helpful. I'm someone with an anxiety disorder, so if say, I've got a mark that I'm waiting on I can barely check my emails. The possibility that a buzz on my phone could be Outlook can sometimes cause me problems. I've been using a Galaxy Watch Active for a couple months now and I'm finding it useful for managing that. A quick lift of my wrist and the bandaid's ripped off. Now that's not everybody's use case, but that's mine.

I’ve been using Apple Watch since the day it came out, pretty useful desu

I've been using one with a good heart rate monitor and used it to keep my heart rate up during my usual routine. I lost 30 lbs in just under two months. Does that count as using one correctly?

The Apple one has apps.
The Google one is an a abandoned product with no apps

Apple wins again.

Attached: IMG_20190727_084431.jpg (1448x2048, 132K)

Can they measure your sugar levels?

>bodily accoutrements

The only thing worse than that are piercings and tattoos.

Attached: 64059767_1629393692_z.jpg (640x480, 52K)

No, not yet anyway. There's some pretty neat new ways to do that without constantly taking blood but I don't think any smartwatches currently support that kind of hardware. Probably going to be a thing down the road though, assuming wearables stick around.

That's too shame. I started considering buying one as a gift for my grandma.

I'm diabetic, no they're not.
If you're set up correctly your pump/CGM already do that shit for you.
No need for another device.

>wearing a wrist jew, in any form

Attached: 0pwklfd.jpg (811x707, 53K)

I just wanted one to cosplay the division desu

>status symbol
you could get a chink smartwatch for 45 bucks

>Everyone can afford a Rolex and a Lambo today
no they can't
>45-500 dollar meme watch
i-it's a status symbol

Attached: 92d.jpg (211x239, 5K)

>having to charge your watch everyday
Oh nonononono
Buy a decent swiss watch and you you never have to set the time.
>pic rel. My watch i set a minute fast 2 months ago and its lost 25 seconds since.

Attached: 20190502_224931-2016x1512.jpg (2016x1512, 390K)

>tracking your fitness
Just go to the gym for an hour a few times a week fatty and do if. Getting your steps in wont make you lose any significant amount of weight.

only faggit boomers or diabetic land whales use smart watches

Go to any college campus and you’ll see most people have apple watches

Eh, I like my Xiaomi Amazfit Bip. It has an excellent battery life, so I don't need to charge it that often. I don't use the official syncing app, (it's bloat,) but I use Amazfit Master instead and it's useful because I can have up to two apps using notifications with the free version, and all I need is WhatsApp and email. I constantly get tons of Discord notifications, so I can usually tell when something's important and when it it isn't based on whether or not it comes to my watch. Also, it allows me to control song playback, although with the free version I have to unfortunately go to my phone and reset the counter after 20 actions or something. The other syncing apps only support controlling song playback at all in the paid version, though, so, eh.

Only fag niggers where them

>where
Learn English then feel free to use this website

>t. fat nigger with ear tampons and iwatch

t. tech illiterate foreigner. Airpods are quite good ^_^

I had mine vibrate every hour, last 3 days without charging

i've been eyeing for a week now to get mi band 4 or 3

No foreign speaker ever made an homophone mistake.

>expensive
>2 hour battery life
>easy to lose
>proprietary charging case
Yes very good jamal.

Attached: 1564444567685.jpg (485x600, 36K)

$150 is only expensive if you’re from a third world country, I get 6 hours of listening time using my 1st and 2nd gen airpods, I’ve had the same airpods since 2017 and have never lost them. Additionally, you just charge with the lighting cable included in the box.

It’s strange how 2/4 of the arguments you made are refutable simply by being responsible and having a job. Do people over the age of 18 actually lose their possessions?

My cousin linked it to her insulin pump so she can measure her blood sugar easier. There's definitely a use for them.

I couldn't go back to not using mine honestly, I get use out of it every day
>always use it for excercise, can accurately track my average and max speed and the GPS measures the distance of my route no matter where I decide to go
>get subtle vibration when an important notification comes in like a call or messaging app (only retards set it to mirror all notifications)
>can use it to pay for things
>clock face shows we the weather, date, etc without pulling phone out of pocket (no chance of dropping it on a busy street and don't have to look down as long)
>tracks my sleep, get a better idea of whether I should stay up or try to force a few extra hours
>use the timer while cooking 2+ items
>quickly able to see other time zones for contacts with the world clock face
>easily buzz my phone if I don't know where I put it down
is it a 100% necesary?
No, it's a modest luxury.
But it's definitely not useless and I feel like a lot of people here just want to convince themselves it's useless.

I'd consider a smartwatch if it had full android functionality so I could ditch my phone.

>android
Cringe

If it had Windows Phone functionality that would be better, but I have to settle for Android because Windows Phone is dead.

>150 for bluetooth earbuds isnt expensive
Lol they make those things for under 20 bucks

Just use iOS retard
Manufacture cost isn’t the only thing that goes into the price of a final product. When you buy consumer electronics you are offsetting the price of R&D, production, manufacture, distribution, etc. I know this must be difficult for someone under the age of 18 to understand.

>Just use iOS
Is there an iOS smartwatch that does not require an iPhone?

Kys tampon eared iwatch nigger. Enjoying charging all your overpiced trash every night

>Enjoying charging all your overpiced trash every night
This is my problem with smart watches, I don't want to have to charge that shit every fucking night. Also how do you get any sleep tracking if it's charging at night? Do iPoors have two watches?

Apple Watch + cellular data, just leave phone wherever
I only have to charge my airpods case maybe once a week, and when I take my airpods out after listening to music I store them in the case so they’re always charging. I got the wireless charging case for airpods so it’s just as simple as setting them on my wireless charging pad before bed next to my phone and watch ^_^

>just leave phone wherever
I don't want a phone at all. The appeal of a smartwatch to me is to not have to own a phone any more.

Why do you need a smartwatch to look at the time?

>can code on gaming PC, building meaningful life skills and even making money
>can produce nu-media-shit content, make money and attract attention
>can run an entire internet-based business from it
>can communicate with family and friends
>can be used for work, school, and entertainment
vs
>be a stopwatch
>step counter
>grossly inaccurate calorie tracking apps

inb4
>your not doing any of that stuff!!!
Sure, but you're not really working out, either, fatass.

>he doesn’t have a computer and a smart watch
Why are all windows users mentally retarded

You’re*
Learn English pajeet. I’m a senior soc analyst and I use my Apple Watch for easy notifications checking while working, Apple Pay, Suica express, as well as on-wrist driving instructions so I don’t have to use my phone while driving. Additionally it makes for a pretty excellent tool for changing my music volume when using Bluetooth devices away from my phone.

Lmao dude just look at the sun! Why do you need a watch?

I'm actually thinking about getting the Active 2, but I'm hoping it goes on sale for black Friday since samsung shit doesn't sell. I'm hoping it's around the middle to low 2s.

i've been thinking about getting one to look at messages when i can't pull out my phone, like at work or driving. is this worth getting for that or are the screens just too small?

if you don't understand the point of knowing your heart rate, you can go pretend with the plastic dumbbells

Im not retarded i can tell my what my heartrate is without a device pretty accurately.

the smartwatch itself can't, but there are devices which can measure it and communicate with the watch

>mfw type 1 diabeetus
>mfw waiting for Applel to figure out how to do noninvasive glucose monitoring through their Applel Watch so I don't have to prick my fingers anymore

F U T U R E

Attached: 1382491386735.gif (340x340, 148K)

I wish pebble didn't go bankrupt

>automatic
>not radio controlled solar
lmao

Look at all these iToddlers.

>gay gotcha
rekt

based

dubs of truth.

Use Gadgetbridge. It's open sourced and has lots of features for amazfit bip

neck yourself poorfag

- Sent from my iPhone

>phone buzzes
>get heart attack thinking it's your marks and proceed rolling on the floor dying
>turns out it was just a candy crush notification
Ah you anxietyfags never fail to amuse me...

>being this baited
wew lad this thread is bananas

Attached: habbening.jpg (250x250, 13K)

Fitness nuts seem to like them. Needless to say I have no idea why because I spend 23 hours a day either in my bed or at my computer.

>Willingly strapping a fucking Lithium Ion battery around your wrist
>Full well knowing that even if your reactions are perfect, you'll still take nearly 10 seconds to get the watch off if it ever blows up

Nah. Just yet another useless device that needs charging.

what are you doing during the 24th hour?

Attached: 1548650896094.png (383x447, 263K)

They have advantages in certain niches. For example, I used to work in a job where my hands were often filthy, and my smartwatch (a Pebble at the time) meant I could check incoming calls or messages so I could see if I needed to stop what I was doing and wash up so I could pull my phone out and return the call/message or whatever.

I'm working toward getting my commercial pilot's license now, and really love my Galaxy Watch as a pilot's timepiece as well. The thing with real "pilot" watches is that they're fucking useless for modern aviation, overly cluttered with bullshit like E6B calculator bezels that you'll never use and so on. What's actually useful for a pilot is a Zulu time (UTC) display and things like timers, stopwatches, etc. The face I have on my Galaxy Watch has a much brighter and clearer Zulu display than anything you'll find on a real watch, and it's a billion times easier and faster to set timers, alarms, etc.

>Buy a decent swiss watch and you you never have to set the time.
You do if you have more than one watch and don't keep the autos on winders. I have to reset my auto watches all the time because I let them sit for a day or two while wearing other stuff.

is that Brittany Venti?

Thats true. I am a one watch guy. I sleep with this watch in and never take it off unless its getting in the way of something

That's what I call "the lost hour." I think it must be aliens.

Why aren't you using an insulin pump so you only have to prick yourself once a week? You can scan your phone to it and get your measurements.

Sounds pretty useless and retarded bro

Man just get a normal watch the batteries last forever and there is no charging bullshit
Dont people just use Fitbit and bluetooth anyway

Because I've had a CGM stuck to me for a week before and it was an absolute uncomfortable nightmare.

Attached: 1423459082458.jpg (618x562, 55K)

Is the Mi Band 4 good enough? I just want to keep track of my swimming, and the alarm vibration thing is pretty cool too. Is there a way to not use the official sync app?

Why is it must be one or the other? You sound like /pcmr/ that couldn't grasp the concept of having PC and consoles?
At that point you're arguing about the principle, not the usefulness.

Less useless than a normal watch