What are the best DNS services?

Attached: scrot.png (1125x850, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dns.cmrg.net
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cloudflare
;^)

hosts file, localhost, and the IP of your LAN device providing DNS

I have a hosts file but what's a localhost exactly? And are these privacy DNS a scam?

Your fucking own. But sure, if you're dumb enough to not be able to install BIND9 then by all means just use the cloudflare botnet.

Why are adguard and opennic botnet?

BlahDNS but hosted yourself

Well first,
>BIND
BIND is an ancient shitheap of a codebase that's had a ton of vulnerabilities. There's several better options nowadays, starting with Unbound. Second, running your own server that only you use means that you aren't actually gaining much - your individual server will relay those queries in the clear to the root nameservers at some point. at which point anyone listening has a record of all the lookups you do. A DNS server with a thousand users doesn't have this problem, sure all the queries to the root nameservers can be read, but it'll be nearly impossible to determine which ones came from which end user.

querying the root servers directly you retard

Why would I do that?

Microsoft.

>they can monitor your queries to root servers
>but not to cloudflares
you really are this retarded arent you

currently using cloudflare with dnscrypt-proxy because opennic is completely hit or miss (as is their DoH support)

Practically every program is a botnet these days. They always call it different names, but it is no different than a C&C server controlling its clients.
Good thing people read the ToS's, or this all would fly under the radar

openNIC doesn't have a ToS, it's literally just a DNS. How is a DNS a botnet literally im dying to kno

Not a big reader of wikipedo eh? Bind9 was a complete rewrite, so not 'an ancient shitheap'. Also it's still the most widely used dns server out there. I wonder how many CERT advisories there are for it per year?

i use my own on pfsense dingus

Bind needs upstream resolvers, but you would know that wouldnt you? You still have to choose your dns even with bind, so im not sure that helps you

And pray tell what upstream dns servers have you configured it to use?

dns.cmrg.net

Only couldflare provides encrypted dns instead.

Brainlet.

How do you not know what localhost is and use a hosts file at the same time? Look it up.

syncthing + hosts file