FxTec Pro1

Anyone here getting one of these?
I love qwerty phones, I hope they get a revival.

Attached: file.png (1000x724, 794K)

Other urls found in this thread:

typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/?lang=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dumb luddite phone

stupid piece of shit

Those buttons
Why even bother, those will feel like the shitty buttons on a microwave.

>He doesn't have a microwave with RGB Topre switches
Step up your game son

seems pretty nice especially with branding that doesn't make it feel like a chink toy, but fuck lagdroid and fuck niggers

wonder if you could put LuneOS on it

If it ran an actual OS and not that glorified Java hell.
Fuck that bullshit, they were so close yet so far.

Attached: 1528573941686.png (500x375, 149K)

are there any recent horizontal keyboard phones?

Unironically considering this and the cosmo for my next phone, I want to help fund the slide-out resurgence.
It has sailfish, what is your actual problem?

aside from that, no.

Could probably type faster with an on screen keyboard.
Why do they always make these keyboard landscape too? Who the fuck used their phone in landscape outside of viewing videos?

Attached: blackberry_key_2_keyboard_look_0.jpg (1200x675, 106K)

It's not the worst mobile keyboard, but the old keyboard for my Palm Zire 72S is better.

Attached: thumb board.jpg (400x247, 14K)

i just bought a blackberry but it does seem like an interesting phone, not worth $700 though. it remains to be seen if its even going to have good ergonomics or half decent usability

>Blackberry
>not worth $700
I agree with that

im about twice as fast on a hardware keyboard, you have touch information to go on, not just visual-spatial. its kind of a huge deal actually, it engages an entirely different part of your brain

I can type much faster than any tiny ass hardware keyboard with swipe gestures. I probably do at least 60-70wpm with gboard, provided the shit doesn't fuck up.
Also landscape makes it useless for tons of apps, such as discord.

you can use swipe gestures on the hardware keyboard too, its capacative. you can use it to scroll and as a mouse pointer on the screen if you want.

i don't use discord, i'm not transgendered or a child, and i don't play games on my phone, so i'll gladly sacrifice some screen space for those benefits.

Attached: keyone-swipe.gif (350x622, 3.62M)

You'll run into an app that doesn't work in landscape. And that image is clearly a portrait keyboard, which would be fine. Too bad every time a phone comes with a keyboard it's in landscape, a feature no one uses, and many apps simply ignore.

I wonder about the tactile feedback on those keys. I used to type absurdly fast on my old Droid 2.

Attached: motorola-droid2-veriz-keyboard-lg.jpg (800x637, 56K)

I can type faster on a touch screen than I remember being able to with my HTC fuze I used to have anyway. I see no need for a keyboard on a phone anymore.

>It has sailfish, what is your actual problem?

I'm guessing they probably want a full-sized desktop OS meant to be run on a 13"+ display, which has the effect of looking scrunched and unusable on smaller touchscreen phones.

Key2 owner here, I'm considering it but I doubt it will pass. I'm going to have to have a hand on with it before making the decision.

*breathes in*
FUCK
CURVED
EDGES
SO
GOD
DAMN
MUCH

I used to want a landscape keyboard having phone too until I discovered just how convenient swipe texting is. Nothing compares.

>It has sailfish

so it has some other shitty botnet instead of one with an actual ecosystem? sad

The sad thing is not having your own ecosystem so that platform choice doesn't matter. How helpless you are.

I think this is a good thread to ask, do these have any good touch screens? Something as good as an iPhone touch screen or the Pixel 1

I have a keyone, new to this thread. I have no problems with the touchscreen personally but I don't do anything intensive on it.

I just like the keyboard, it's pretty good. Everything but the keyboard and the battery life is just meh. I'm getting kind of tired of my BBKO about about 2 years into the game here. Build quality is just OK. But god damn, accurately typing with zero autocorrect is super satisfying.

>Anyone here getting one of these?
Would do if they made a ≤5" that cost

>Could probably type faster with an on screen keyboard.
spoken like a true zoomer who doesn't know t9 was faster than both qwerty and touchscreen

This. I remember having LG g620eve, the keyboard was godlike, not only it had led on caps lock button, it had nearly all the symbols as full QWERTY does and separate row for numbers on top. I was a typing speed demon on it, touch keyboard sucks dick compared to it

>RGB
dropped

literally perfect

T9 was always fucking cancer.

t. Got my first cellphone in 2005.

no

>not liking t9
wew lad
into the oven you go

>How to spot a zoomer that's never actually had to use a T9, and never experienced upgrading to join the glorious QWERTY slider master race

>opinions don't exist
My first three or four phones were T9, they were great. I never had a QWERTY slider, jumped from T9 to candybar QWERTY phones.

>I don't need it so why would anyone else want it

>no tab key, no bracket keys, no parens keys, no braces keys
completely useless

>glorious QWERTY slider master race
indeed
full keyboard sliders are for shitskins and 12 year old girls
symbian OS nokia phones are for patrician heterosexual white males

Parentheses are there; Alt+T and Alt+Y. If you press Sym an onscreen keyboard comes up, each character on that keyboard corresponds to a key on the physical keyboard. Assuming the layout's the same as my Q10, Sym E & R are braces and Sym T & Y are brackets

Then I suppose you can be forgiven for incorrectly thinking that all QWERTY phones are as shitty as the BlackBerry or clone you were forced to use.

The BlackBerry clone that was my first QWERTY phone, a Kyocera Brio, was steaming shit, but I use legit BlackBerries to this day. I've had one touchscreen-only phone in my life.

Shit, I forgot I had an ADP1 for a while.

Attached: file.png (288x175, 58K)

you mean the curved edges of the device or rounded corners of the screen? they're both shitty

It's cringe when teenagers pretend they're older than they really are.
This isn't /v/, you don't have anything to prove on anonymous image board, lads

>set keys to red so you don't go blind looking at it in the dark
I don't care for RGB either but here it has utility.

See Really, what's so difficult to comprehend about this? It's an opinion. Yours is not an objective fact, mine's not either. I'm not doubting that some didn't like T9, I did.

I own a KeyOne and I'm more than happy to have made the purchase. Battery life is also nice, can last an entire day while browsing or watching YouTube videos. Two days or more if only used for messaging and short calls.

I remember also owning pic related back in the days. It really was something. Touch screens seem so stale after that experience.

Attached: LG-KS360-Blue-Unlocked-Mobile-Phone.jpg (400x266, 20K)

That was one of the best non-Smartphone devices on the market at the time for messaging

The fuze was a terrible design though. HTC dumped it fast as fuck and went back to the more logical design of things like the Tilt with the Tilt 2 (also known as Touch Pro 2) where the keys aren't all crowded and fuckery.

Oh bullshit. There's a reason the world record for texting speed was held on a phone using T9 for YEARS.

yea i recently bought a keyboard phone cuz i thought it would be convenient for typing. turns out it didn't. a touch screen is simple enough and adding up something to it is just complicating

>adding up something to it is just complicating
What?

just port postmarketOS to it you brainlet

well bud better put your money where your mouth is typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/?lang=en
bb keyone with no autocorrect because I know how to spell

Attached: Screenshot_20190812-161551.png (1080x1620, 221K)

this is either larp or you tried for 5 seconds and stopped

Do it without a front facing camera and I'll buy two of them.

Attached: 1549237966011.gif (360x270, 3.59M)

Im pretty sure the front camera is required by google if you want to ship the play store etc.

>no headphone jack

Attached: 1375980653701.gif (320x240, 411K)

it actually has 3.5mm jack

Attached: firefox_2019-08-12_16-22-16.png (411x829, 25K)

oh...nvm then

This was awesome. The first android phone, and I loved that keyboard.

Overall, not as good as the Nokia N95 I had before, but the keyboard on this was godtier for email/ssh/forumshitposting etc

Only thing its missing from my dreamlist is an easily removable battery. That's what's kept me on my Note4 for so long