fm2gp.com/
math.mit.edu/~dspivak/CT4S.pdf
arxiv.org/abs/1803.05316
andrew.cmu.edu/user/avigad/Talks/fields_type_theory.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>palo alto

>Semigroup Press

elementsofprogramming.com/eop.pdf
it's freely available now. went out of print.

got my copy yesterday :D

You can literally get it printed off lulu like I did. Nice paperback great DPI. You def. gotta treat it like a textbook and scribble shit down or mark it.

Why should i? Give reasons.

Okay, it's like SICP but with math instead of le epic 50 year old functional language. It talks about the connection between series of 0s and 1s and the abstract entities they represent, and how to write software that correctly keeps up this relationship. Talks about writing a good orthogonal library and how to proof it with abstract algebra. Explains the need for concepts in all programming languages as opposed to class composition. Explains tons of algorithms (the commonly used kind, you don't see these in CLRS). Generally, how to take correct decisions and prove your designs if you need to write or correctly utilise something like STL (Stepanov is the creator of STL). user posted a pdf you can check it out.

Gave it a look, it looks more like a book to read for fun than something actually useful, to be honest.

Being a good programmer is not very useful... go read about office politics instead.

I don't think so, it's a hefty mathematical read with lemmas, theorems and proofs (left to the reader), and a bunch of programming and maths exercises. Does this sound fun "Design a correct algorithm that determines, given a transformation and its definition-space predicate, whether the orbits of two elements intersect."

This sort of mathematical approach to programming has been employed by HP, Adobe, and every other company that has employed Stepanov as a consultant. Giant codebases, gotta have some guarantees and standardisations for the code, APIs that naturally fit your expectations and use cases.

Sounds very useless, unless but working with real-time high safety software, which is is a great area

You can finish the entire book (barring some wild exercises and projects) in no more than 2 weeks, and you will end up with a totally radical way of thought in your repertoire. Granted I'm on page 65 still.

I work with RT-software, so I get to actually use math when I program, most jobs want you to program fast.

Yeah I hate that. I could care less about programming the next trendy trash app. I like to feel like an engineer and be surrounded by meritocratically elected people who know what the fuck they're doing. Godspeed

There are many areas for people like you, like:
>RT-software
>Mainframes repair
>Database development
>Infrastructure programming
(sorry for be bad English)

Your English is perfect, I actually work for audio interfaces and sound emulation. Extremely low latency so hipsters can, for instance, emulate a 60s mic and a 80s synth live for some reason. $$$ tho.

neat

The most math-focused the job, the fewer cool-coders and idiots in general there will be.
If you know how to be quiet and only do your job (no extra things), you can try a corporate mainframe job, they payment is incredible high and conditions are very soft.

Sounds good, what are some example companies?

Mainframes are used in the finances market, to deal with a high amount of trades, so companies like big banks/stock banks will be using it.

Basically look at something very arid that has being done the same way for 30 years and cannot be done other way (like DB or Mainframes)

My next venture. Is that what you work as?

No, I work in high security RT for medical hardware. It's basically redoing the same thing until you can prove it'll never fail, under no circumstance.

What is your system of proofs?

>Alexander Stepanov
Cool guy, He teach algebra, categories and types for programmer but since PoV programmer.
fm2gp.com/

Category theory
math.mit.edu/~dspivak/CT4S.pdf
arxiv.org/abs/1803.05316

Type Theory
andrew.cmu.edu/user/avigad/Talks/fields_type_theory.pdf

how can one man be so based

Usually we use some mathematical functions to create a system that (mathematically) do the work and prove it work, then we program until we can prove our program is equivalent with those mathematical functions. Then we test it in all forms of critical situations (like hardware failure).
Basically we find a mathematical solution and program it in the most similar form possible.

Please pardon my audacity but does the first book exist out there in the internet? I'm a third-worlder living in the middle of a jungle so Amazon is a no-no for me unless I trade it for one of my kidneys to druglords

Just phone USP and the'll give you the PDF.

check libgen.is

It was there, thanks! Bookmarked so I don't ask stupid questions again, I Hope you have a wonderful day, friend