Is thing any good? Buying right now

Is thing any good? Buying right now.

Attached: nh-d15-top-large.jpg (2000x1723, 248K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=olvT3BPrafg&t=347s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes it's the best air cooling money can buy.

No, its terrible shit, better leave it on the shelf.

It's bulky and for the price you'd be better off with a decent liquid aio.

>aio
>decent
have fun with your higher temps and noise levels

I have it, keeps it cooler than an aio cooler that cost a little more and won't leak all over your GPU. Does need a big case though.

The difference is its going to outlive an AIO.
If you're not upgrading cpus all the fuckig time and aios together with them this thing will live forever.

I was gonna get this but got the scythe ninja instead, half the price and almost just as good cooling and more quiet

>waternigger

Attached: 1556665380987.webm (960x544, 2.7M)

That's an open loop tho.

Do be careful when installing it, the metal find are sharp and it's easy to cut yourself if you rub against it in the wrong direction

Best cooler you can buy.

I bought a NH-D15S after reading about how Noctua sends mounting hardware for new sockets for free. Happy with it.

i have it. no issues and no noise

I have one I’ll sell to you? Genuinely. I didn’t end up using it because my x299 EVGA Dark board didn’t fit it because of the VrM heat sink

Seems to have no problem keeping my 3900X under 75c

It will break the socket off your mainboard.

That's a big cooler

No, it won't. It comes with a backplate that braces it and spreads the weight.
Here's your "for (you)".

Aio are better and cooler. Don't listen to g negroids

if by good you mean a giant hunk of metal sticking out blocking everything possibly blocking your other components and requiring you to remove the entire thing before you can work in your case? then yes

lol, RIP

It's really quite good. I have one on my 1700x.

Attached: Power Draw.png (1219x1038, 914K)

>endlessly tinkering with your hardware
Only reddit does this so the D15 is not a problem for anyone who wants to actually use their machine.

NO!!!!

Yes, I too enjoy paying extra for garbage that is more likely to fail and doesn't perform any better.

Attached: 1547625755398.gif (350x409, 437K)

The screws on the center of the half Moon thingies should go up, I had a similar problem with my vrms.

Attached: 1546439441827.jpg (1932x2576, 659K)

great cooler and it along with the Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 are some of the best air coolers available on the market. There are in fact AiO coolers out there that WILL perform "better" but it's by a few degrees C at most, and you'd be taking on all the caveats an AiO cooler brings compared to air. Potential for pump failure, pump noise, higher VRM temps, more noise overall. Then you'd also have to use some sort of software to govern the cooler. Where as with air cooling, the most you have to worry about is dust build up and/or a fan failing.

Lastly, in the absolute worst case scenario, say your AiO dies, you have to replace the entire cooling assembly. With air cooling, even if both fans failed, you still have a giant chunk of metal capable of passive cooling.

This is how i imagine every Noctua owner to be.
youtube.com/watch?v=olvT3BPrafg&t=347s

>believing that a handful of vapor particles perform just as good or better than a hundred ml of water pushed by a pump at 2.4k rpm
Use your brain to think for once instead of regurgitating internet myths.
>inb4 hurrdurr 4 celcius difference
Temperature delta is increased the higher your heat load. It'll be >5 celcius difference on a 9900k or 3900x

Attached: temp-load.jpg (730x603, 41K)

Noctua is the best.

Piling on to say fuck AIO. Never again.

That's a $60 air vs a $130 AIO. was talking about decent AIOs for the same price which don't exist. No AIO below $100 is worth it at all compared to an NH-D15

it looks like shit, but it's probably the best air cooler for your money.

Attached: Thumbs Up Kid_00.jpg (398x500, 23K)

And that's fine by me. Heatsinks offer the best perf/$ in cooling and offer 90% of what an AIO offers but there's retards who try to paint heatsinks as superior in every metric when they're not.

thinking of getting this for my 3900x build. supposedly almost equal to nh-d15 in cooling but quieter and smaller.

Attached: NOCTUA_NH-U12A_Car_678x452.jpg (678x452, 35K)

Do I even need anything else?

Attached: Hyper 212.jpg (500x500, 32K)

D15s is the same, but better. No reason to buy a d15

Attached: 1558306328169.jpg (628x960, 48K)

I think it's way too expensive. NH-D15 also has the small added bonus of cooling VRMs better since it blows more air all over the place

>Those knee marks
>That look
Someone just got done sucking cock.

It cools the same, or a little worse, but at higher RPM (though those fans are really quiet, so it makes a little less noise at higher/same RPM).
We have to wait for the NF D15, or however it gets called, the NH D15 refresh with the refreshed heatsink (more RAM clearance) and fans.

No one needs more than this.
Got the newer black edition 212 and it's fucking rocking.
Cooler master fixed the mounting solution so it doesn't fucking twist around while you're trying to tighten it down.
Currently cooling my older 5820k system(emulation station baby) cause the 240mm aio died(after 4 years). and under the same oc @ 4.3 on all cores, stays under 75c for the most part.

more like it blocks the vrm heatsinks from getting air

I remember when I fell for the aio meme. This Noctua cooler is one of the best you can buy on the market and performs just as well as some rinky dink aio liquid cooler. I really don't see the point of aio liquid cooling at this point if you're not OCing processors and graphics cards.

She was obviously having a meeting with the promotion board.

>unironically suggesting liquid aoi

In terms of noise there are better options, but in terms of cooling strictly on air, there isn't.

fuck these graphs, they always say 100% load but never mention how long
the time is very important factor

The water only transfers the heat to the radiator, you fucking brainlet. Once it's there, you're still using air to dissipate it. When your fin stack warms up and becomes saturated, it doesn't matter what method you're using to transfer heat to it - only how effectively it's being removed, and the actual water part of an AIO is a non-factor there. The single and only AIO on that chart which actually beats a high end air cooler is the Kraken X61, the fans on which fucking scream to produce those results, versus the gentle whisper of the Noctua. Not to mention the pump noise at idle, preventing you from ever having a silent system on the desktop, whilst the Noctua's fans are spun down to 400RPM and inaudible.

People who buy AIOs are the most clueless retards around. Dumb gaymers who value RGB lighting above anything else and think they have proper water cooling because they bought some dumb plastic piece of shit in a box.

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9UL1kvNDY3NjM4L29yaWdpbmFsL25vaXNlbGV2ZWwucG5n.png (990x742, 73K)

I have a NH D14 and it's the best thing.

it's excellent , will get you pretty much the max overclocks your CPU can do with regular bios overclocking .
im using a noctua D15 + a 280mm AIO on my GPU.

waste of money
just buy a 212 evo
based

What about these? Looking for very silent ones.

Attached: Thermaltake-Riing-Silent-12-CPU-Cooler-Blue-1068x675.png (1068x675, 383K)

>The water only transfers the heat to the radiator, you fucking brainlet
The point is that heat transfer in a heatsink becomes a bottleneck at high heat loads but AIOs don't face the same problem.

Once again, your only argument is performance at a certain noise level. AIOs are inherently superior in absolute cooling performance and stock fans can always be swapped out in favor of Noctuas.

it does my heart good to see this gaymer gear fagbitch getting hoisted by his own retard

>I remember when I fell for the aio meme
Me too. Worst buyer's remorse I've had in a while. Fuck the people pushing this shit on every pc building related media outlet.

>4°C max cooler CPU
>much higher VRM temps
>dripping cooleant leak
>paying twice as much for this
Enjoy you zoomer faggot.

i have one its quiet till it ramps up

>4°C max cooler CPU
It's definitely more than that at a full sustained load. Thing is, temperatures under 80 celsius are nothing to silicon, so it'd debatable whether it actually makes any practical difference to have the cpu at 75 celsius vs 65 celsius or lower.

What if it is used like this?

Attached: Untitled.png (1024x768, 1.89M)

everybody shits on aio and says buy noctua, but if you look at build pics anywhere on the web but also here, everybody has their shitty aios and almost nobody posts pics with noctuas or air coolers

that just tells that people who buy aios are also more likely to seek validation from others and try to feel better about themselves by posting pics of their systems

if that were true we would see aios shilled here when that is not what happens at all. people shill noctua and yet buy aios themselves.

Why would you want to? It will be noisier.

High static pressure + low rpm + large fan is what you want, if you want the best quiet fans.

>not putting a fan on the bottom to push the air up

you can fix 4 fans to it, two blowing in two blowing up
I can't even imagine how that would sound, under 800RPM should be quiet enough, but you need to make exhaust fans a little faster than intake ones can't have that hot air stay there too long

in theory this is a good setup, ask yourself if you want to waste time mounting it though

extra fans for exhaust wouldn't be necessary as new air would push the hot up and out

Yeah, but expect to exert more pressure than you're comfortable with the get the second spring-screw to latch on.
Just be controlled in your actions so you don't scratch the heat sink or your MB, hold the screw driver top and bottom with your other hand.
Once it gets that second screw thread latched on...alternate between the two screws, couple of turns per side.

What work do you speak of? Do you constantly plug/unplug fan headers for fun?

How long was that test running? Average users having their pc on for days on end, I could boil some fish with the temp of that water.

literally any work you do will require you to remove the giant hunk of metal from your case: adding ram, changing a power supply, adding/changing an nvme, even adding or removing a sata drive

Mountain Dew everywhere, what a waste

>adding ram
Unclip the fan
>changing a power supply
Depends on how much clearance you've got in your case above the motherboard
>adding/changing an nvme
These usually sit between the PCIe slots nowadays, which the D15 should not intrude on
>even adding or removing a sata drive
Now that's straight up bullshit unless you're using an ITX board and the SATA ports are in some weird location that's covered by the cooler

If I'm changing PSU's, I'd throw in a repaste for the sake of it. I put my ram in after the thing was installed. I also put the NVME in with it installed. I plugged in all my 6 sata port hard drives after is was installed.
I could unplug my PSU MB power while it's installed, with ease, well PSU power plugs are awkward as fuck to get off usually regardless.

Thanks. I thought high RPM is good? I was just looking how much decibels (db) they would make.

Either is fine really but generally if you're space limited, go for high static pressure. If you got plenty of space, go for high air flow. Combination of high static pressure/high airflow is also good.

Based truth poster.
t. h150i owner

Why? Same amount of fans and they could even be set to lower rpm as neither would be pushing already heated air though their side of the fins

I see Linus slap that thing on all sorts of processors for testing, must be good. Hear its not far off a dual sink.

exactly the opposite. the only coolers that are worth owning are 70$ and below AIOs because theres no reason at all to crank up your voltage to the point where requiring a 150$ aio is necessary. and of course noctua is a giant obnoxious piece of metal that bairly fits anywhere.

>his noctua is brown
in all seriousness though it cost almost 2x the cooler price so I wouldn't do it a 2nd time
granted I have two spare brown fans

Attached: 20180205_204156.jpg (4032x3024, 3.38M)

The middle fan does most of the work, you need it pulling and pushing. This is why the S variant still cools 1 or 2 degrees off the D15.

Instead of this got a Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT. It's a little bigger but cools the same for a lot quieter. Plus it can be used passively or with only 1 fan. I believe it was also cheaper.

There are actually a few brands that do this, but yes Noctua is a safe bet.

Excited to see the 140mm version of the NF-A12x25. Also to see both fans in black desu.

I can tell you from personal experience that a NH-L9i kept my 6700k @4.5ghz cool for 3 years.

Attached: 35-608-029_R01.jpg (1280x960, 76K)

Linus made a good vid about this. The heat pipes on air-coolers are incredibly effective and economic. Copper heat pipes use water at a pressure below atmosphere and the enthalpy of condensation is great for transferring heat as heated water vapour condenses to liquid and trickles back down. Sealed water coolers also have pumps which will fail far sooner than an air cooler.

They are superior for cooling but lose out to water coolers if you want a more compact system and if you move it often they are far better bolted down. Air coolers aren't.

This is why all pc cases are glass with restricted airflow and worse of all why they don't put in hard drive bays and optical drive bays too of course, which can be used for useful stuff like usb,/card readers. Hot swap drive bays. Fan controllers etc.
What you get is all the case took up by water holders.

>friends try to meme me with aio shit because "hurrr it looks cool"
>see noctua thread on Jow Forums one day
>go with noctua
>5 years later, still running at great temps while my friends have had too replace their aio like 2-3 times already

just wanted to say thank you Jow Forums

Yes

Attached: 4E318619-0C4F-4AB5-A639-9ABD6946F7CE.png (888x564, 283K)

took the d14 off my old 2600k and used with new build. no daft 60c idle temps here. low noise adaptor n'all. d14

Attached: based d14.png (2806x1693, 1.07M)

Noctua is hands down the more effective option. It also however looks like shit so the same people who take vanity photos of their computer hardware aren't going to install that.

apparently the black edition has a lower fan CFM than the original evo?
Is that a mistake?

yeah im thinking noctua is based

Attached: current guts.jpg (3264x2448, 1.76M)

the d15 outperforms an aio and you don't have to worry about having liquids in your computer

I did the same thing, 120mm in front

>no top mounted fan
unbased and bluepilled

why yes user I use noctua.

Attached: why_yes_i_have_noctua.jpg (720x960, 150K)

Literally shit colored fans. How's India today pajeet?

If the water doesn't matter then the AIO is going to win every time because they have higher surface area. The fins have a much higher density per volume than any air cooler, which is also why they use higher pressure, louder fans, but that's not really necessary. I would say you would only like 1-2C by dropping the fans to quiet speeds

Okay here's a real hot take. It also can depend on your environment. If where you live is humid or hot in your room there's a chance an AIO might work better for you but if your room has strong AC or is naturally cold you should just do a case with good airflow and a noctua, it will run as good or better and much quieter.

One thing people should know clearly, the debate over AIO vs air is only about performance not noise. Air is unequivocally the champion on noise because of pump noise decibel levels always being louder than low noise large fans

Yeah, see you in 2021. I just got my Zen 2 build with the stock cooler and I don't know what to do, get the NH D15 now, wait a year or so for the NF 14x25 and NH D15 refresh or wait even more for that cooler to be in black.
This is worse than the Just Wait for AMD to deliver.

Yeah, I really want to do this but it is a bit expensive. My inner autist wants to go with the brown ones and be proud of them but if you can get the same performance without it looking like shit (literally) then why wouldn't you?