Apple still updating 8 year old phone

>Apple still updating 8 year old phone
>Mean white lagdroid flagships lose support after 1-2 years.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: Capture.png (2098x1428, 917K)

Other urls found in this thread:

features.propublica.org/weirton/police-shooting-lethal-force-cop-fired-west-virginia/?fbclid=IwAR0B2PfDRIk65biYXYzTZM9uEDz2TNLmNnhuNkhkZJ2O0_oorH-86hm8gVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I hate that this style of article title is the dominant one. It's always so desperate. It's how they taught us to capture attention in 3rd grade English.

Jesus fucking Christ. Hats off to Apple. Seriously considering going for an iphone since my last 2 year old Samsung won't get anymore updates. Fuck Samsung.

That's because the people who reads these articles have the attention span of a small child and have to be constantly told what to think about everything.

And here's why that's a good thing [link to full article]

Does it bog them down even further? Guess they didn't disable them well enough for users to have to upgrade.

And this, friends, is why beat up iPhone 6Ses still go for $200 on eBay while $1200 Galaxy Notes lose half their value after just one year.

No just fixs

>mfw my android phone is still getting updated after 4 years

Attached: 1309525604436.jpg (400x330, 29K)

> Updating your phone

Ooooh noooo baby what IS you doin?

Because they fired all the real journalists and replaced them with clickbaiters.

Custom roms don't count but if its an official update that's not bad.
Even the Nexus 5 lost support after 2 years. Googles own fucking phone. Nothing comes close to 8 years of support from apple

>Samsung still updating 5 year old phone with security updates only without forcing bloated OS updates
>lagPhone X is already a throttled piece of shit

Attached: 1537350691794.png (1190x803, 385K)

>Now not updating phones is a good thing.

Attached: d29.jpg (326x294, 34K)

that's why if I ever again wanted to buy a smartphone I would buy iPhone
my 3 years old LG is literally unusable, even fucking McDonalds app doesn't work on it because pajeet devs don't give a shit about making their app compatible with older hardware only 10 latest most popular phones
and on my iPad everything works fine

Android phones are supported longer than iphones because the core apps aren't tied to system updates. The 6s isn't getting the next iOS which means safari is going to be permanently out of date, which matters a lot more than having the latest emojis.

>caring about phone updates

It's and exception to the rule, and it's only for GPS... then they can go fuck themselves again.

Attached: 1520958353856.jpg (1000x667, 115K)

Not really. It's the brand, not the updates. In November I was able to sell a 2013 macbook air for $850. It's how the appleconomy works. You only pay a large sum the first time you buy each Apple product, when you are ready for a new one you sell your old one for 75%+ of original MSRP then apply that to the cost of your next one. You basically pay $200 or do for each subsequent device.

>Get huawei
>Phone came out april 2016
>Latest security update april 2017

epic

Wrong the 6s is getting 13. 5s and 6 are almost 6 years old but will still get updates just not new IOS.

because apple needs to be able to keep track of everyone of course.

Attached: 1541618473396.gif (356x272, 1.65M)

The 4S is pretty much unusable, anyone still using it is top tier poorfag copeathon.

t. burger

But it means you can still sell your phone for more than an android flagship. Its another plus to owning an iphone. Hell I bought an iphone se for 100 euro and sold it 6 months later for 120

>android phones still work after 8 years
>lagPhones are unusable trash after 363 days
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Attached: 1546525397684.png (994x961, 335K)

Danielson, that's the one, baby!

Bullshit its fucking faster than most lagdroid phones. 2019 and samsung still hasn't fixed their fucking stutter or lag. Also bixby and fucking McAfee preinstalled. Fuck samsung

wrong

Name 3 reasons why you should

fuck off ijeet
ishit can't even types text without lag after the first (((((((((((update)))))))))

This doesn't work well at all if you buy a new iToy, it still looses more value than my Redmi cost.

Maybe you can trade with older ones.

>my 480×300 screwn that's 2" across and runs on antique hardware is still super fast, guys, I promise!!
Yeah no I had one and it was a piece of shit by 2016.

My LG G3 works fine. Maybe you are the problem.

>Android
>works

Lol

>"Most lagdroid"
>Literally just Shitsung, the Apple of Android
You can't be that stupid, right?

Actually, still using a 4S in 2019, you probably are.

>custom ROMs don't count
Why? Because Android users have access to them and iNPCs don't?

>itoddler
>btfo
based

Gotta keep slowing that garbage down until it's literally unusable

When Apple is going to move all of their production ( I mean all of it, everything, every single fucking thing. Everything. All of it, yup, all of it.) are you people still going to hate on Apple?

>and thats a good thing
>we tried X for a week and youll never expect what happened
>we saw the thing: here's what you need to know

Attached: 1507411490933.jpg (225x225, 6K)

>youtube video on mundane topic that takes 10 seconds to explain but is exactly 10 minutes so it gets more adverts

Tell me about the last piece of longform journalism you've read.

Top 10 ways to install Grindr

>here's why
>and that's a good thing
>and it's beautiful
>and that's a problem

Hell yeah! I love updating my 8-year old phone with it's 3.5" 960×640 screen, 5mp camera, and 800mhz dual-core CPU I've had though 6 battery swaps, 3 replacement screens, and 2 homescreen button replacements with new and exciting software that slows it's already ancient performance down even more! And I especially love that these updates render my old apps that I still have to use because the newer versions don't support my iPhone 4s anymore unable to continue working, causing me to lose even more functionality in my 8-year old device

This is honestly the most annoying part of Android, they cut updates off after two years and the updates take months to almost a year to get pushed out to the phones. I wish Android had the clout to circumvent carrier approval like Apple can. Also Google is autistic with its product development and you don't know if it'll be supported in a year or two.

Flawed logic, typical of braindead mactards who can't do math.

i5 XPS 13 - $999 new, $450 after 3 years. $549 loss
i5 MBP 13 - $1699 new, $899 after 3 years, $800 loss

So yes they may be worth more in the used market, but you still lost more in the end.

It's not like other's haven't figured it out either. Windows 10 stays updated for all computers from all brands released all the way back from 2006. Makes Applel look like a pile of fucking shit. Google is just hopeless.

Check the % of original value lost you imbecile.

XPS loses 55% of its initial value.
MBP loses around 47% of its initial value.

I mean I'm talking just about phones it's pretty much iOS or Android. Google is lucky there isn't any major problems/bugs like Apple has every once and awhile because the rollout to fix it would be horrible.

Shit math mactard confirmed. You're not making yourself look good at all.

>i5 MBP 13 - $1699 new, $899 after 3 years, $800 loss
And your Apple MBP numbers are way too low. I guarantee that.

So
>Flawed logic, typical of braindead mactards who can't do math.
I guess that makes you an uber retard of the hominid kingdom, cause clearly you don't belong with the rest of us Homo Sapiens retards.

Attached: 1565184270351.jpg (384x384, 17K)

How can I use a 4S and sync with Ubuntu?

>Makes Applel look like a pile of fucking shit.
This started happening after Jobs' death.
PowerPC Macs got security updates up until 2011, and up to date iTunes up until 2014. If you got a fucking Power Macintosh 9500 in 1995 you could still use it with current software from Apple in 2011 (if you upgraded it with a G4 processor at some point). That's 16 (sixteen) years of software updates, albeit not official. And yes, a fully maxed out 9500 (1GHz G4 and Radeon 9200, probably a SATA card and Gigabit Ethernet too) was perfectly usable in 2011, at least for basic tasks.
Now even Macs from 2011 are losing support, and Apple makes damn sure you can't use newer mac OS versions on those older machines. They break GPU compatibility, add useless instruction requirements in the kernel and things like that. They explicitly go out of their way to make them incompatible.
They don't do the same with their phones because they're not tools, they're social status symbols. People will "upgrade" not because their current phone can't do what they want, but because their peers will look down on them for not having the latest iToy.

It's sad that now iPhones are almost at parity with Macs with updates

Lg g4, early 2015, mid 2018, model h815

Attached: Capture+_2019-08-12-02-27-02.png (1440x2392, 207K)

>phone came out early 2018
SEE YOU SOON IN VALHALLA, BROTHERS.

Attached: __muppo_and_northern_ocean_hime_kantai_collection_and_etc_drawn_by_sazanami_konami__sample-6c21967ec (850x854, 99K)

>2 battery readouts
>that shit font
>LG
Typical retard who falls for youtuber shills.

features.propublica.org/weirton/police-shooting-lethal-force-cop-fired-west-virginia/?fbclid=IwAR0B2PfDRIk65biYXYzTZM9uEDz2TNLmNnhuNkhkZJ2O0_oorH-86hm8gVw

I'm still running debian on my 1999 pentium iii... and that's free.
My ati rage got a driver rewrite in 2010.
What's your point?
Let me help you a little bit.
Windows leaves old h/w behind because it supports millions of possible configurations. Apple have 2 hw configs every year for laptops one for desktop and 2 for smartphones.
Ms can't make x company to give updates to 15 yo hw. Lg or samsung can't force qc or mediatek to release new driver blob for a 2010 soc in 2019. Qc says that sd808 is gonna get 2 years of support for every driver the soc has.
Apple makes their own soc, they support it in their os, and it's easier. They throttle it though very often.
If you check apple's support history, it's shit. Look at the $20000 iwatch. It became a poc when apple decided to stop supporting it. You can't even change its battery.
The bottom of the line is that apple has to support their shitty os because even some indian chars are bricking it.

Attached: 18214.jpg (600x263, 136K)

>posting articles from almost 1 year ago
yawn

The left indicator is a battery daemon that measures mAh and battery capacity.
The right one is the lg one.
>fonts
No, i don't care, I am straight and I work for a living.

Attached: 1562068676659pol.png (500x483, 95K)

That was exactly my point. They've been forcing people to upgrade their old Macs, when even the first gen c2d ones are perfectly usable for daily tasks. Their latest release of mac OS could run perfectly fine on a 2006 iMac, provided it had its memory upgraded to 4GiB and its hard drive replaced with an SSD. Would it be as fast as on a current machine? No. Would it support all the "magical" features like handoff? Not unless you upgraded the wireless card. But it would still be a functional machine.
Hell, load up GNU/Linux on one of those and you have a very neat all in one desktop machine capable of browsing the Internet and playing media without a hiccup.

How are the batteries on iPhones? If they're any good, I might consider one when I want to get a new phone.

Because your phone maker has long since said, “fuck you, you don’t exist to us anymore. But buy our new model and we’ll talk.”

>They've been forcing people to upgrade their old Macs, when even the first gen c2d ones are perfectly usable for daily tasks.
THIS! I actually use my Mac Pro 2,1 under Ubuntu on a SSD with a RX 580 4GB 1400MHz stock, 64GB DDR2 5300F, Dual X5150 CPUs (Need dual X5365 soon) and it is PERFECT! I would never change, fuck Ryzen
With Mac OSX it would have become useless, usedmarket is flooded with them, paid 60$ for it- paid the GPU and RAM later, no HDD or SSD included, 7300GT busted

>force updates to ruin performance for older versions
wow, so based!

lg is even worse

>tfw your latest android security patch level is December 2016.
Damn you Lenovo, there are no love for middle speca android phone, only flagships.

Funny enough Windows 10 is fully supported even on the very first Intel Macbook.

They update them because the phones don't change. It's the same device with a new interface and a new battery.

You guys are worse than /pol

>posted with my Samsung iPhone 9+

> update to throttle it
nice try shill

real galaxy brain shit here

This iNiggers always brag about "muh support", but OTA updates stopped working on my iPad Air gen 1 and iTunes is a PoS that runs like garbage so I refuse to install it and update it every other day. Now, half the app store is locked away. Meanwhile, I'm updating almost every app to it's current version on a shitty Kyocera Hydro from 2012.

Let’s talk about the G6. I own one and hate it everyday.

> update to throttle it
nice try shill

You do realize stock android without any bloatware is available through google now. You can get it on any android device. For example, my HTC desire can run the latest stock version of android. Despite being an outdated phone.

>here's why
Why do modern journalists use such dumb fucking long titles.

how

Yeah but iphone is unusable because of the updates

Meanwhile, almost every app on the app store requires an iOS version higher than this thing supports.

Attached: 1560740356161.gif (500x491, 370K)

Attached: 1546237861057.jpg (640x360, 79K)

Just go to the play store and download Google Now Launcher. Launch the app and i think you get stock android without bloatware. If u cant find it on the play store just google it.

that's like saying "just download a new start menu and windows 8 is exactly like 7"

it's all the other stuff like the swipe down from the top toggles that will still be skinned and ugly, as will the settings app. there's no way to get stock android without flashing a new ROM, you're advocating a half-way measure and saying it's a full transformation.

Yea i see what your saying. I guess the Google Now thing is more of a re-skin than a full on transformation and won't really update your phone, however it does remove bloatware from your sight.

Android eternally, forever and ever BTFO

Attached: Screen_Shot_20190508_at_10.37.07.jpg (1648x930, 167K)

>Why?
What do you think support means?

>Security Patch Level 2017-08-01
Keep lie yourself

Attached: 1558306328169.jpg (628x960, 48K)

?

I don't trust apple, they dropped support for my ipod touch very quickly.

BTFO
AVERAGE APPLE USER IN PIC

It's literally just a time zone update. Nothing special.

Liberals eat these headlines up. These "X is bad/good/other and here is why" articles require no critical thinking and through reading the article youll be given a new opinion to have. Literally telling you what to think and zoomers think thats okay.
Fuck this retarded planet, this ride needs to come to an end.

Apple is about to lockdown replacing your battery outside of an apple store.

Who uses a phone for 8 years?

I'm still using an iPhone 4s.

You can get a 128GB google pixel xl 1st gen for like $125 now

I don't like Google.