Tfw too retarded for programming

>tfw too retarded for programming
now the only options left for me are blue collar work till heart attack in late 30s or opioids

my brain literally hurts when reading Principles and Practice Using C++ and I'm at like page 90
fucking hell

Attached: fuck.gif (200x235, 691K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Proximyst/Yuki
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good. Don't waste your time in such a nerve-wracking, tedious and enslaving activity. I don't know a single happy programmer.

Try something more a more sensible syntax structure like python or smalltalk

but I always wanted to do it, it was my dream since I was a kid to make my own games
and now I'm slowly realizing I am simply too stupid for it jesus christ the worst part is I always thought I was intelligent because I was ugly and tried to make myself feel better that at least I have my brain but now I know I don't
fuck god if he exists he shall fear me

>my dream since I was a kid to make my own games

that's gonna be an oof from me

Attached: 1565045191721.png (568x433, 135K)

>you will regularly work 10-12 hours (+work from home weekends)
well I spend all my free time on Jow Forums and youtube anyway I don't have friends and probably won't so it wouldn't be that bad for me
I don't know man I will probably feel like I'm wasting my time learning stuff I won't use

>why is START hard? LATER must be impossible if I can't even get START
START is hard because they are entirely new concepts to you. It's like how most Math students think Calc 1, 2, or 3 are the hardest things in the world. They aren't anywhere close to the most complex subjects in math; it's just the first time they're introduced to rigor.

>oof
Hey, reddit!

Most blue collar jobs pay more, demand less and have fair working conditions.
Unless you're a top level/niche programmer, your live will be worse than a truck driver.

well maybe but still I wanted job where I can be creative
I don't know, maybe I will try read more tomorrow

Honestly, keep your dreams down and your goals realistic. I always feel depressivo knowing that i'll not be as good as the likes of Cassey Murakami. When It started watching his streams, in horror with the complexity he was single handly doing all by himself. Now i realize i'll never even touch his fingers when It comes to programming. But do i need It thou? If Jamal or Gonzalez can do It, we can too.

>well maybe but still I wanted job where I can be creative
Lol, 90% of programming job is just "make the computer do what I say" for some manager.

I've never read a programming book straight through. Not everyone learns easily that way. Try seeking out instruction instead (either taking a college class or going through a bootcamp program.)

iktf
i wanted to make video game cheats so i tried reading the official rust book but it's too complicated so i quit

Attached: 1543247693404.jpg (1204x1596, 359K)

Relatable. Though it's more the actual programming that I'm struggling with, not the concepts. Actually thinking through algorithms and mentally simulating code execution just makes my brain bleed, while others just do it on the fly. Like, I need to stop and think deeply for minutes about every single line I write, no matter how simple, and then spend at least thrice that time getting it to run. I literally just spent an hour figuring out if I needed to calculate sqrt(x*I) or l*sqrt(x) at some completely trivial point in my program. Being dumb fucking sucks.

Oof is universal

idk wtf all of ya'll are talking about, my programming job is legit so easy and relaxing. i spent most of my life in the service industry and manual labor, finished my degree, and now develop/test and its chill af. programming isn't hard to learn, there's only like 3 fucking concepts you need to know in the entirety of programming to write any program you'd ever feasibly write in industry, the rest is just general knowledge/theory. you're just a brainlet op.

What concepts, user?

Checked

Completely agree. I work 15 hours a week in my underwear and make more than I ever would have outside of programming for a full 40 hours. And the work itself isn’t bad, feels like learning every day. Name a better job.

How does Rust create Vidya gaem cheats?

>C++
It could be worse user. I am trying to write e-commerce in PHP and all I wanted is show products fetched from MySQL database into basic html carousel, but my simple SQL procedure (select * from this; if $_GET['this'] else select * from that; ) raped db so much, site won't even load, and it dies after horrible deadlock with "execution exceeded 30 seconds" error. Also I only have few records in db. Feels bad to be brainlet

Well just like any other language I guess
github.com/Proximyst/Yuki
this is the only example I found though
too complicated for me so that's why i gave up for now

Attached: 1540709552512.jpg (1417x2067, 651K)

>tfw too retarded for programming
just work for the government. no source control, bad coding standards, do nothing all day, managers with zero technical experience. it's brainlet paradise.

Attached: 1565033693910.jpg (1591x2594, 202K)

>implying programming doesn't entail blue collar work till heart attack in late 30s or opioids

if you are starting to learn programming after 16 I have bad news for you, you ain't gonna make it
and even if you will still make less money than you're average coder

if you are starting to learn english after 16 I have bad news for you, you ain't gonna make it
and even if you will still make less money than you're average native speaker

This. Also being a teacher is literally life on ez mode

This horrid bait meme demoralization shit gets so old.

learn javascript
takes 30 minutes
you can call yourself a programmer after that lol