Be in interview

>be in interview
>alright user let's look at your projects
>have to connect my laptop to a TV with an HDMI cord
>using Ubuntu! Shouldn't have to mess around with xrandr or anything. Specifically dropped other distros for the ease out use of Ubuntu.
>plug it in
>doesn't work
>open up gnome-control centre and mess around with xrandr for a minute
>its OK user.... You can use mine and we will go through github
>apple laptop
>he plugs it in
>just works

dropped arch for windows like distro. God I should just use windows. Linux is abusive but I can't leave it :(

Attached: images (19).jpg (383x400, 15K)

I've never had a problem like this

Haha you fell for the *buntu meme xdd

LTS Ubuntu?
Come on, tell us you were using the "Stable" 19.04 branch.
I had flashplayer crash on me and after forcing shutdown it won't boot because of "LVM not working".
It dropped down to a console shell but the lvm commands aren't there and there were some acpi errors.
Don't fall for the 9 month support "Stable" meme, it's a shitfest playground, Fedora is more reliable for being just 13 months of support in my experience.
There's a reason they put the LTS button in the ubuntu page on green and the latest version greyed out

was using 18 faggot. Stable.

I keep a Mac around for this reason only; using other people's setups.

Being a literal parasite.

>Use Manjaro
>connect pc to projector to give a presentation
>literally just works
I hope you learned your lesson and stop using Obingo.

This is the same criticism over and over again on Jow Forums

>some hardware manufacturer makes their product less usable by not following standards on their drivers or even purposefully making their product impossible without their specific proprietary driver which they retain complete control over

> driver doesn't work with operating system

>Jow Forums blames the os and mocks the people who use it instead of blaming the hardware manufacturer

that said linuxers should have a spare old windows or apple laptop lying around to prevent this.

I mainly use Debian but have a windows laptop lying around to deal with this

I know I do. That said, even windows and apple still have driver issues from time to time which really in my mind means its time to take hardware manufacturers to task for this practice

I really don't get this meme. I've been using Arch since 2015 and the only X issues I've had were related to me writing the config wrong when I first started. Pacman has never broken anything on me before.

What a Stupid niggerfaggot

>implying using xrandr or arandr is hard.

Wouldn't it be nice to use an operating system you don't constantly have to make excuses for?

you shouldn't have to use a different computer to fix this. This actually happened a while ago and I've been running arch since with no problems.

I've literally never touched xorg. Shit just werks. Legend has it, this wasn't always the case. It's funny how Linux users will go out their way to trash talk a distro, but when a Windows user does, watch out!

wouldn't it be nice if you didn't think was was okay to get raped by hardware manufacturers who charge you for a product and think they can dictate exactly how you use it for the rest of it's lifespan

in my experience the moment you do anything manual with xorg you'll have a cascade of issues

Looks like you got Gnomed!

Attached: gnome.jpg (800x450, 25K)

18.04 dude. Literally had LTS.

I did indeed get gnomed. Never gonna trust the foot people again

Attached: images (16).jpg (243x300, 13K)

why do you lincucks always have to deal with workarounds?

Fedora has worked flawlessly with any TVs or projectors. Better than windows even.

Dunno what you talkin' bout m8. I've been using an ubuntu laptop at work an i frequently connect it to multiple monitors, tv's and projectors with hdmi, dvi and displayport and they all work fine. Tried with gnome, openbox and i3 (using arandr).

you fell for the leenox meme

Apple doesn't use HDMI.

>non LTS ubuntu is an unstable mess
>LTS ubuntu has packages as old as debian
>both have shitty defaults
ubuntu blown the fuck out

Attached: mind blown.gif (200x200, 1.83M)

dongle dumb poster

No, not just a dongle but a converter too.

Can confirm have had a similar situation with ubuntu

Another situation i had was that i couldn't login with my LDAP server through the gui
cli worked fine but turned out i had to restart some random system d service i thought
the whol point of rebooting was that all services got reset but apparently not

>uses ubuntu
>bames arch
is this the power of debian butthurt

just use windows you colossal pantloads
for fuck's sake
none of you peons will ever create anything useful or successful at all, there's no reason to be so counterculture and use garbage OSes for internet coolpoints

>Ubongo
You fucked up. You either install Debian or you don't touch any apt distro.

There's a reason why basically all developers, programmers, managers (people that matter) use the Apple Macbook Pro.

>wants to use an obscure OS
>gets mad that hardware manufacturers don't want to waste a ton of resources to support said obscure OS
>they're raping meeeee
linux fags, when will they learn?

Attached: 1519504716212.png (600x429, 361K)

>Noooo stop using linux!

Attached: thumb_download-135kib-700x710-wojak-crying-sony-png-image-with-53344791.png (300x345, 24K)

if you don't know how to use linux you should be a windows kid instead

I have the opposite experience. Linux always works fine and MacBooks are always a problem, especially with projectors.

You have obviously never needed things to just work when they are supposed to (eg this post). I have enough skill with linux, its just that Ubuntu was meant to be the care free hands off non enthusiast get shit done distro with low maintenance. I don't want to fuck around with my kernel breaking every upgrade because I just want to program more shit.

I'm seeing a trend of Ubuntu+i3 in recent distro threads. I know its ironic with shit gnome utils but it just werks.

Attached: 8dfgykK.jpg (931x931, 87K)

I have used manjaro i3 edition. It just works and I enjoy it. Looks like shit though.

>all developers and programmers use macbooks
you mean the average burger basedboy webdev uses macbooks?

linux fags ladies and gentlemen!
Just use windows. It just works, and doesn't require autism.

Attached: 1548673196927.gif (400x206, 1.76M)

Obscure os? Gtfo kid, you clearly don't know anything

Ubuntu desktop is kind of shit. They clearly shifted their focus towards servers more and don't really care as much about desktop. You're better off with Fedora where they actually work on the desktop and test it.

It also doesn't require brain

>using Niguntu

LTS ubuntu is a shitfest too, i put it on a t450s i picked for my mom and every fucking time it has a new problem, the trackpad stop working, if you hook it up to a tv to watch a movie it glitch the shit out of the internal monitor and you have to reboot, you hook up an android phone to transfer some files and the file manager shit itself, its a circus.
i unironically put 40 minutes in installing an configuring a basic void installation with xfce and just some programs she need to do basic windows media player style videos and it never had a fucking problem. a fucking ROLLING RELEASE distro more stable than the industry standard corporate distro. clown world.