Almost 2020

>almost 2020
>Boomers have been struggling with technology for 20 YEARS
>STILL know less than I learned in the first month after I got my first desktop PC 25 years ago

Will they go down as the dumbest generation? My grandma, who is 84, knows more about tech and learns quicker than either of my parents.

Attached: senior-phone-T-mobile-baby-boomer-phone-service.jpg (960x640, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_boomers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

eh. It comes down to the person honestly. My parents are only like 45 years old and they both panic at the thought of having to do anything technology related. I'd get a call every single time my mother wanted to upload a picture to facebook. My dad couldn't seem to master how to copy and paste and would get frustrated with ME because I would start getting short with him after our 10th 20 minute phone call. Meanwhile their parents, my grandparents who are nearing 70+ are more than capable of doing basic stuff like email, attaching an image, etc.

My sister took to tech like water. At 12 she was editing Firefox about:config because some update broke something and she started Googling around.

And a lot of this technology has only made society a worse place. Maybe boomers are secretly the most based generation

Shut the fuck up, zoomie. You don't even have a reference point.

Attached: 1432724756686s.jpg (250x241, 7K)

This is exactly what I'm talking about. And maybe as late as 2010 these types would have had some sympathy.

But it's been a DECADE. Shit or get off the pot. Either learn how to do simple tasks like literally finding your photos on your PC and uploading them to anything, or give up and figure out alternative paths to accomplish what you want. I have more respect for boomers who just say fuck it and shoot film then pay to have it developed into albums.

>zoomers
>grew up with the most advanced technology
>still can't navigate a phone beyond checking their "insta"
>always get facebook hijacked by those scam rayban posts
Zoomers are fucking retarded

Attached: zoomer2.gif (680x498, 224K)

>generalizing entire generations and not judging individuals

Attached: 1562482813025.png (657x539, 110K)

Yeah I do. I remember when I was a kid people weren't constantly connected at all times. You just had to pay attention to your surroundings since there were no phones to look at while you're loitering around. Phones have had an awful impact on most people's attention span, including mine.

Normal people in general barely know how to use a computer outside of checking social media and reading buzzfeed what the fuck do you expect. My sister only knows how to open up Chrome and itunes on her macbook and she's a complete zoomer.

ALL LIVES MATTER

Ever since the boomers in my family got cars with in-built GPS they have forgotten how to do even the most basic functions of navigation. They literally cannot go anywhere without typing in the address to the car's GPS, even to places that we had been going to frequently since I was a child.

It gets worse: now they consider anyone who wants to learn/knows how to fix their own shit as "suspicious" since you could just "hire someone to do it for you".

Fuck boomers, truly the most coddled, entitled generation. It's absolutely rich that everything they blame on millenials they themselves are guilty of.

Yeah, zoomers are whole other conversation. They have the reputation for being tech savvy but the great majority of them know jack shit.

Millennials, mostly the men, are kind of like boomers are with old cars. Go up to any random guy around 30-40 and ask him what kind of PC he has and he'll probably list off the whole parts list.

I'm sure this reply made more sense in your head

See

It gets harder to learn with age. You'll be that bad at learning new tech one day.

People get to an age where they simply don't give a fuck anymore about learning the latest tech.

That's really no excuse when it comes to the sheer stupidity and laziness of some boomers who literally still cannot figure out what a zip file is 10-20 years down the line from first using a PC.

>45

How the fuck are they so clueless about technology that's been around since their early 20s? I understand people who were 40+ when all this shit was introduced but people who are just turning 40 now, no excuse, they were just getting out of their teens in the 90s.

>kids still confused by the term "boomers"
Your parents aren't boomers, kids. They're likely GenX. Boomers were born in the late 40s to 50s. I'm almost 50 and definitely GenX.
Get it fucking right, kids.

Exactly, people who were in their 20s at the turn of the century are Gen-X, people who were in their mid teens at the turn of the century are Millennials,

An old person is a boomer user.

Simple IQ at work. Only 14% of Americans can do a task equal in challenge to calculating the cost of carpeting a house using a floor plan.

No, "boomer" is short for "Baby Boomer". Look that up, please.
Educate yourself, kids. Knowlege is a good thing, not your enemy.

He must be American, the only place in the world where people take pride in their ignorance. Their mentality related to knowledge is stuck in the middle ages where simply knowing about the existence of heresy makes you a heretic.

The only reason they're fighting is that both sides can't decide which is "good" or "bad" knowledge.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_boomers
> Baby boomers (also known as boomers) are the demographic cohort following the Silent Generation and preceding Generation X. The Baby Boom generation is most often defined as those individuals born between 1946 and 1964.[1]
My parents were born in the early sixties, so they are most certainly boomers, and you are most certainly a fucking faggot.

Attached: 1559592827576.jpg (407x406, 18K)

All the hard work

Attached: boomer pensions.png (1750x1310, 1.1M)

It's just an annoying meme. Anyone older than you is a boomer now