Tfw didn't fall for the zen 2 meme

tfw didn't fall for the zen 2 meme

Attached: IMG_2511.jpg (3264x2448, 1.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Acr4V0SiApU
web.archive.org/web/20190604055624/https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Faq/What-is-the-effective-CPU-speed-index/55
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Based
I also use crocs and have Intel

Not to be racist or anything but white people HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKK

not all white people

In English?

yikes desu
s&h

>paying more for less
Gonna be a yikes from me dawg.

Thank god he got the gaming memory

I at least had the good graces to get a 9th gen back in november of 2018.

Buying it NOW just seems a bit on the nose, wait for the 10th or 11th gen, or buy zen 2. Unless you REALLY need that intel single core performance.

you couldve spent half the money and gotten 12 cores if you had started with amd to begin with, and here you go making the same mistake again
BIG YIKES

It's from an epic maymay from 10 years ago. This white girl says, "Not to be racist, but Asian people..." then laughs very strangely.

youtube.com/watch?v=Acr4V0SiApU

>Half the money
>12 cores

?

HAHAHAH buying high speed ryzen validated memory to put in an intel system while getting a 9700K over a 3700X, the 9900K might beat the 3900X for strictly gaming but you're just a dense motherfucker

>tfw didn't fall for the zen 2 meme
Tfw threadlet.

the 9700k and 9900k are within 1% in most games.

Hyperthreading called. No answer

9700k comes with integrated graphics

>AyyMD BTFO!

How many of the 30+ BIOS/Windows security mitigations are you gonna fully enable? Or does security not matter anymore?

Attached: meltdown_crystal_disk_mark_6_4k_read_q32_t1_broadwell_xps13_corei5-100747467-large.jpg (700x421, 33K)

Wheres the custom water loop to cool it?
Based

ok retard

Attached: Capture.png (1149x818, 253K)

did you actually used userbenchmark as a valid argument?

Name a better metric for ranking CPUs

there is a lot to unpack on your statement

Attached: 206f5837717aa22cb9e973adf4878db3b6575f0b3f8adf0c68795753f66156fa.jpg (492x269, 19K)

At least use their respective scores from the usermark benchmark, instead of just using the overall score which is highly weighted bullshit.

That way you can at least appear to be less of a shill.

Attached: 2019-08-11 21_26_36.png (1444x458, 41K)

the fuck are you wearing???

Attached: 1530371687581.png (326x317, 163K)

>buys intel
>has to resort on userbenchmark in order to feel less of a buyers remorse

awwwww poor shintel user

nice purchase op. don't worry about gAyMD fan boys. all they do is cope by believing they are making an investment since games will use MOAR CORES in the future (yet to actually be a trend since RTX will take over which is completely GPU based), and because they think paying for the workstation ability they will never utilise means they get a better deal. intel are unironically still the superior manufacturer because their CPUs are actually doing a lot more with less tech in them. the only elements that make intel a questionable company are 1) relatively short planned obsolescence in their chip-sets and 2) their complacency when running unopposed in the market. aside from that they are still a market leader. while their CPUs are not great value for money right now, they are great value technologically as gAyMD are doing roughly the same performance as intel CPUs that have half the cores and threads (6600k performs the same as a 2700 in most titles :^) ). literally everyone that buys gAyMD is larping and overstating what they actually use their PC for.

Attached: jw1efmbyonf31.jpg (1400x1080, 80K)

Explain to me how Intel could have paid to change any of the information I've highlighted in that screenshot. Fact of the matter is that on the high end AMD are releasing unstable shit with high c/t counts which just can't keep up with tech that Intel has had out for over a year at this point that have less than half the c/t in some instances.

hahahaha intel really got you

> hahahaha intel really got you
ref

>massively overestimates four cores perfomance
>massively overstimates single thread perfomance
>totally cuts out multithread perfomance

yeah its totally NOT made to fix intel cpu's everybody knows that 4 cores is what you need

"Before Ryzen was released the ranking was based on:

30% Single core performance 60% Quad core performance 10% multi core performance

(Proof here: web.archive.org/web/20190604055624/https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Faq/What-is-the-effective-CPU-speed-index/55 )

The new post Ryzen ranking system only gives multi core performance a 2% weighting and mostly looks at single core performance, which makes Intel CPUs look artificially much better than AMD Ryzen in the rankings and also has some hilarious results such as 9600k being ranked higher than 8700k"

if your brain can understand what that means

>massively overestimates four cores perfomance
How is it overestimated? If you go look at any census data for PC specs you will find 4c/4t with 8GB RAM is the most popular configuration globally. Pretty much everything is made to be comfortable on that configuration.
>massively overstimates single thread perfomance
Single thread performance will always be more important for home users, and PCs where it isn't are sitting in an office somewhere that some company has paid for.
>totally cuts out multithread perfomance
Once again; really only has professional application. For a home user (you know majority of the market for PC parts) multithread performance is not important, and never will be.

>The Ryzen 3000 gaming rank changes were net positive: 3900X -2, 3800X +7, 3600X +14, 3600 +13. The 2000 series 32-core Threadripper 2990WX moved from first position to 48th and the 8-core Intel 9900K took the top position in the gaming index up from its previous rank of 7.
Future updates
>We frequently tune our effective speed indices and expect to add an octa core component to the index in due course.

I have an intel myself but you're really rationalizing this

You must certainly be American.
>Explain to me how Intel could have paid to change any of the information I've highlighted in that screenshot.
>Proceeds to tell me about the weightings of the non-highlighted benchmarks
How stupid are you faggot?

>How is it overestimated? If you go look at any census data for PC specs you will find 4c/4t with 8GB RAM is the most popular configuration globally. Pretty much everything is made to be comfortable on that configuration.

surely a 4c4t is what people look for when they go on that site LOL

>Single thread performance will always be more important for home users, and PCs where it isn't are sitting in an office somewhere that some company has paid for.

yes if you benchmark boot times and startup

cause otherwise literally nothing else is serialized so yet another stupid argument crumbles down
>Once again; really only has professional application
literally everything is multithreaded those that think otherwise are literally tech illiterate

>t. 2500k owner

yeah sure

Attached: 030205_1440pultfps.jpg (600x364, 56K)

wheres muh 10nm intel?

Kill yourself kike

>posts gpu bound resolution on a pretty bad gaming

you can try a bit more shintel user

Wasn't me bro.
But, dawg, real talk. I've owned both AMD and Intel. I got no dog in the fight, but the enthusiast crowd are genuinely a bunch of faggots in regards to their idea of "value". Their idea of value is making an investment on the hardware (i.e spending more for longevity). So many times on this board do I see people say "Spend $3,000 now and save in the long-run". The truth is you will never be able to save money by trying to guess tomorrow's performance / optimisation trends. Meeting your goals with your budget is what is important. Not enough people get that fucking concept and sit here and recommend shit like the 3900x, or the 3700x. Yes, they are high end, and yes they are REASONABLE value at their price points, but more often then not, they are out of budget and overkill for people. But, because of their derangement, people here will never offer the often CHEAPER Intel mid-range even though it would be ample for the person's goals and people scream about MUUUUH PRODUCTIVITY MUUUUUH WORKSTATION for someone that just wants to play Fortnite or WoW with their friends and sell them on all that other bullshit that they will never need the benefit of.

>dawg
>real talk
Get the fuck out of here

>not naming what the other CPUs are
Yeah this seems transparent enough to take as fact.

>surely a 4c4t is what people look for when they go on that site LOL
What?
>yes if you benchmark boot times and startup
What?
>literally everything is multithreaded those that think otherwise are literally tech illiterate
If you believe this is the case then I don't believe you understand how data is processed and would surely understand that there is true multithreading, and feaux-multithreading.

was I right?

>we did it reddit!

>If you believe this is the case then I don't believe you understand how data is processed and would surely understand that there is true multithreading, and feaux-multithreading.

i just cant...this guy is literally going to vomit that 8086 is all we need

how can one man be so based??? i bet you were just comfy af in those crocs building that based intel pc.

>all these buttblasted AMDniggers
Nice job, OP!

Attached: Nice smoking.webm (720x406, 580K)

have fun with your deprecated hardware in t-minus ~8 months.

Based. Never install Linux on that machine, use pirated Windows 10.

he mad

>16gb
how cute

>1%

Then why release 9900k?

Attached: 266hd1dyrgf31.png (919x767, 521K)

for stuff that's not games

Just build a pc with nearly the same parts. Went with the Gigabyte Ultra though. Heard the VRMs were solid. Worked out well. Stable 5.3ghz at 1.38v. Good thermals as well. Evga ftw3 hybrid clocks well too. Gotta get the logos of the fans though. Upside down and a literal who brand. Good shit otherwise.

Attached: 20190811_215152.jpg (4032x1960, 2.08M)

>cant justify spending more for less
>proceeds to spam userbenchmark as a reliable source for anything
>gets btfo
>claims 4c4t is what matters

More cores. For over $100 more.
Depends on what you're using it for. I was gonna buy a 3900x, but I just wouldn't use the cores. But I absolutely use the clock speed of the 9700k.

cope

Agreed.

>buying overpriced ram for an intel build

Tbh I bought it because i was thinking of getting a zen 2 at one point then I changed my mind. It’s not like high speed low latency completely goes to waste on intel

>cope
sure im the one that bought intel
kek

>he didn't get the memo

so you bought something usefull for a better system
and then you decided to buy something inferior?

Have fun trying to run reasonably demanding titles (Kingdom Come for example) on 4c4t, because i sure as hell didn't. Modern games absolutely utilise any core they can get and that will only get more prevalent. We're not in the crysis age anymore.

>3600
>micron
lmao typical incel retard

nice definition of 'inferior' you have there

Attached: yL2MjBg.png (1920x1080, 591K)

I knew this board is retarded, but this is truly next level ignorance.

Because for every western person playing modern AAA games theres 10 asians sitting in an internet cafe playing some obscure MMO.

Apart from the fact hat Userbenchmark was always useless (my OCed 2500k was above Zen+ and only slightly behind Intels 8th gen in Single core, when in other benchmarks the difference was ~50%), the new ranking favours DOA CPUs. We are already at a point where in some multiplayer games the 6c/6t i5s experience framedrops due to a lack of threads and you think a 4c/4t CPU is still enough?

imagine being this pozzed in the head

Enjoy stutters when the next-generation consoles come out and your threadlet CPU can't cope with software designed for 16 hardware threads.

>playing current games
you should be at least 3 years behind in your currently played games catalogue so you can buy through sales on steam

>I absolutely use the clock speed of the 9700k
That's the dumbest comment of the day.

Attached: edf672c7f12ada5c0beb11e68319aa92866bbf852f1979f764d0be491539a17f.jpg (1071x561, 75K)

Imagine trying to make judgements about me, and my beliefs, without reading the rest of my posts.
Demonstrate to me there is a reasonable increase with c/t:price ratio. Pro-tip; you can't. Technically, anything over a 9400-F is actually overkill for 95% of people on this board. But you retards will still claim for people to spend money on more c/t despite the biggest leaps at the moment are happening on utilising RTX, and GPU based processing.
>you don't know how highlighting works, eh?
Why does every single one of you faggots assume that we think 4c/4t will be enough for eternity? Literally only gAyMD fanboys use this argument. The literal best value CPU on the market right now is the 9400-F, and that is a 6-core CPU, which is more than ample. Yes, computing goal-posts are going to move. Yes, we are in an awkward transition period right now, but you all overestimate how quick a new technology takes over. People were using APG cards well into the 2000s without issue. There was never any urgency to go from DDR2 to DDR3. Developers are aware that majority of the PC market are not early adopters, but rather the bottom-line cost the most. This means they will not cater for a hardware configuration a time where the cost of that technology is low enough for majority market. You all overstate the urgency of high c/t count.

You have to be 18 to post here.Now go watch Linusfagtips and Gayz2mobodrills retard

>he got the gimped version of i9-9900k

Attached: 1435419940028.png (305x367, 136K)

>eternity
corporate write-off period is 4-5 years. From 2015 to 2019 my former 6500 went from good value to literal dogshit unusable, even with skyOCing to 4GHz and torturing the chipset to oblivion.
"Value" absolutely has a timeframe aspect and if you don't get that, then go ahead and waste your money.

>threadlet stutterfest
yikes

>77% workstation
>132% workstation

so you pay almost 50% more to get just 6% more

wow buyers remorse is getting worse by the post

>Imagine trying to make judgements about me, and my beliefs, without reading the rest of my posts.

you literally called MT a faux MT like you dont even know what is what in the first place

>Demonstrate to me there is a reasonable increase with c/t:price ratio. Pro-tip; you can't. Technically, anything over a 9400-F is actually overkill for 95% of people on this board. But you retards will still claim for people to spend money on more c/t despite the biggest leaps at the moment are happening on utilising RTX, and GPU based processing.

yes user call me in a year when rdna 2.0 will require a totally new way of utilizing ray tracing if you want to develop for consoles and therefore pc's
ofc the fact that 1080p is STILL the mainstream choice even if we take steam survey says a lot about your retarded thinking

>Why does every single one of you faggots assume that we think 4c/4t will be enough for eternity? Literally only gAyMD fanboys use this argument
you literally said 4c/t is enough
YOU
LITERALLY
SAID
SO

>buys a 9700k
>literally a locked down 9900k
>spends his entire day arguing that its better than a 3900x
>literally goes out and compares 9900k with 3900x instead of his own corelet cpu
>thinks that gpus is the future while his cpu cant drive enough fps on 2k and 4k

man i feel bad for this guy
not only he wears white crocks on his photo
he also is so retarded that its actually cringy

>8 threads in 2019
wtf

All the boost though

at least his CPU won't take 10ms to register input from a mouse, kek.

You have your terms confused.

You called a 9700k a corelet CPU, which is impossible, since the 9900k has the same number of cores.

The 9700k is THREADLET because it has no hyper threading, but it ISN'T a corelet, because it DOES have 8 real cores.

The 3600x is a corelet, but not a threadlet, since it only has 6 cores, but it has 12 threads.

The 9900k is both not a corelet, or a threadlet, since it has 8 cores and 16 threads.

tldr; the 9700k CAN'T be a corelet, use your terminology correctly ffs.

neither did i OP

Attached: 67403924_1329102567259085_3650818743874879488_n.jpg (960x720, 102K)

>Multi-core doesn't matter!
>Productivity doesn't matter!
>Price/performance doesn't matter!
>Performance per watt doesn't matter!
>Power usage doesn't matter!
>Temperatures don't matter!
>Soldered dies don't matter!
>Stutters don't matter!
>Streaming doesn't matter!
>Data centers don't matter!
>Locked CPUs don't matter!
>OEMs don't matter!
>Hyperscalers don't matter!
>Upgradeability doesn't matter!
>Anti-competitive business practices don't matter!
>Locked platform features don't matter!
>Synthetic loads don't matter!
>PCI-e lanes don't matter!
>Burnt pins don't matter!
>Heat doesn't matter!
>1771w cooler doesn't matter!
>Server space doesn't matter!
>ECC support doesn't matter!
>Free RAID doesn't matter!
>NVMe RAID doesn't matter!
>IPC doesn't matter!
>7nm doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>HEDT doesn't matter!
>Stock coolers don't matter!
>Security doesn't matter!
>Enterprise doesn't matter!
>Hyperthreading doesn't matter!
>VMware doesn't matter!
>MySQL doesn't matter!
>Unix doesn't matter!
>Linux doesn't matter!
>Wafer yields don't matter!
>Benchmarks after full patches don't matter!
>Asian markets don't matter!
>Own fabrics don't matter!
>Chipset lithography doesn't matter!
>Cray doesn't matter!
>Cisco doesn't matter!
>HPE doesn't matter!
>AZURE doesn't matter!
>5nm doesn't matter!
>TDP doesn't matter!
>10nm doesn't matter!
>Cache doesn't matter!
>Integrated graphics doesn't matter!
>PCIE 4.0 doesn't matter!
>Mindfactory doesn't matter!
>Processors doesn't matter!
>Custom Foundry Business doesn't matter!
>Stock voltage doesn't matter!
>Games don't ALWAYS matter!
>Amazon sales don't matter!
>Prime95 AVX doesn't matter!
>Large corporations don't matter!
>Your DATA doesn't matter!
>Context switch duration doesn't matter!
>*NEW* 202x market outlooks don't matter!
>*NEW* VRM doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Single core performance doesn't always matter!
>*NEW* World records don't matter!
>*NEW* Socket support doesn't matter

What's the deal with crocs? I just had to buy my wife and half the kids (three of em) a pair of crocs this summer. We live in Florida so I can kind of do the mental gymnastics on them here due to climate. What the fuk tho?

>uses SEO benchmark sites for purchasing decisions
Holy shit. You actually posted that shit here? You win the bait of the day for sure with this level of faggotry.

They're comfy and easy to wear.

Should have gotten birkenstocks for them instead.

My wife does the clothes and shoe shopping. I just pay the bill.

They cost the same

>I just pay the bill.
paypig

Actually probably less, since the 3900x basically NEEDS 3600mhz RAM, whereas the 9900k will get nearly the same performance, even with dirt cheap 2666mhz RAM.