Why aren't you using digital banking services?

Why aren't you using digital banking services?
Do you enjoy getting raped by your bank's shitty convert rates?

Attached: screen3.png (380x676, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mastercard.us/categories/no-foreign-transaction-fee/
bluebird.com/?anchor=fees
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because most outlets or online shipping sites doesn't provide such services.

Attached: 84f.png (421x248, 92K)

I don't need to convert my money often, and the only time I've ever needed to (a trip to Germany from the US), my credit card did this for free.

That said, I currently have a Bluebird Checking account, and I'm investigating Discover's. So far, it seems to be an even split regarding security. You can freeze the Discover debit card at will, and it has an EMV chip, but the Bluebird checks are pre-authorized, requiring an 8 or 9 digit number generated for every check, in order for the check to be valid. Presuming you keep the debit cards locked in a safe, I think Bluebird is the winning option.

That said, I'd like to see true 2FA for both accounts. It's nearly 2020, and there's no excuse for American Express and Discover to not have these implemented.

kinda related...
whats with my bank forcing online banking every time i call for a simply query? are they on commission? that is the only explanation for it that i can see (also fuck phone banking, none of it is compulsory but they make it sound like you need it)
/rant over

What you mean instead of doing EUR to USD do EUR to BTC to USD? I don't think transfer fees are so bad that it would save you anything

Do you mean "suggesting" online banking? Sounds like you aren't using it, so that would mean that it isn't forced.

They are probably doing it to reduce the number of people calling and taking up a real human's time (both of which cost money) by letting the website take care of a bunch of the questions they regularly get.

>I don't need to convert my money often
that is true, I guess this is more of an issue for us yuros.
My country has it's own currency and I often buy things online that sells in either USD or €, sometimes even pounds so yea it doesn't really feel great being ripped of constantly on those conversions.
Paypal was the worst for this by far, so glad I dropped that shit but now I wanted some way to not directly use my cards on the internet in case something ever happens, even though I only use a limited debit that has no money unless I need to buy something.
I meant digital banking, services that aren't 'real' banks but you can make virtual cards and bank accounts on them, some do their best to keep track of good deals on conversions and let you know

>My country has it's own currency and I often buy things online that sells in either USD or €, sometimes even pounds so yea it doesn't really feel great being ripped of constantly on those conversions.
My credit card provider literally provided free conversions without me even asking. I just got a letter in the mail saying that my card had been upgraded to a World MasterCard.

Here's a list of them, provided by MasterCard themselves.

mastercard.us/categories/no-foreign-transaction-fee/

yep, my bank doesn't have any of them

Then change banks. Reward good behavior.

Then change your bank to one that does. There's literally prepaid debit cards that offer this in the US.

bluebird.com/?anchor=fees
>Foreign Exchange Fee $0

yes i meant offering me the service, sorry
i explicitly cancelled it 6 years ago as i wasnt using it, what a pain that was to get them to finally remove it
honestly i would rather go through a longer phone call with security questions than the chance someone gets into an inactive internet banking account

If you have a good bank, they'll have 2FA that includes TOTP and YubiKey. Nobody is getting into anything with a YubiKey, and I sincerely doubt anyone's getting into your account if TOTP is activated.

If you bank offers that shit, I would just go ahead and do the online banking thing, lock it the fuck down, and never touch it again so that they shut up about it.

bump

revolut is based

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-12-12-45-03.png (1440x2880, 252K)

I don't even have a bank account
I travel a lot beetwen US and EU so it's more practical for me to just carry cash

How is that practical in comparison to a credit card with no foreign transaction fees?

You can carry what? 6k€ max?

gonna try this, friend shilled it to me yesterday and it seems nice

No transaction fees means nothing if the exchange rate is shit, holy shit you guys are clueless. Revolut is based because their exchange rate is really close from the real interbank rates (spot)

Anything under 10K euro. 9.999 basically, lmao.

You have been visited by the Laura of not great, not terrible threads.

This thread is currently reading 20 replies (not great, not terrible).

Attached: Laura.jpg (1275x637, 108K)