How is this different than uMatrix?

How is this different than uMatrix?

Attached: noscript.png (128x128, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

liltinkerer.surge.sh/noscript.html
mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/liberationtech/2015-April/015236.html
archive.fo/Ld2Oa
hackademix.net/2009/05/04/dear-adblock-plus-and-noscript-users-dear-mozilla-community/
forums.informaction.com/viewtopic.php?p=83190&sid=c815cdd30388a72d6d277bb04ed5e658#p83190
youtube.com/watch?v=AC4ALEKZRfg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's not a botnet

can you prove that noscript is not a botnet?

no

well then mr smug, maybe think before you make a comment from now on?

no

Based
Cringe and reddit

Using No Script right now on Pale Meme. Who knew browsing could be so comfy.

>NoScript is harmful and promotes Malware!
liltinkerer.surge.sh/noscript.html
>Ghostery, NoScript.. add-ons frequently phone home
mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/liberationtech/2015-April/015236.html

The guy puts ads that lead to malware on his website if you're a Windows user. There's one difference.

Sounds kinda based

Forgot link to my claim here: liltinkerer.surge.sh/noscript.html

Here's an archive if you don't trust it:
archive.fo/Ld2Oa

I don't trust an addon for security if the address is willing to promote adware in its own site.

This: Also outclassed by uMatrix anyway, since it only allows global disabling of certain scripts, without taking into account where the requests are coming from (so you can't block script X on one website and allow on another).

Go ask your dumb questions somewhere else

Make me faggot

What the fuck, i've been using no script for quite a while now, is umatrix really better?

i don't need to make you a faggot since you already are one

don't trust anybody then since the author is human

man umatrix is confusing

I get the allow and block buttons, but there's so much shit.

Why would anyone use any of those? It literally breaks the whole Web.

Umatrix is deprecated by ubo and uses a blacklist

noscript correctly uses a whitelist instead, and in addition provides protection against things like CSS attacks and other malicious behavior even on pages where scripts are allowed

the stallmanite fags who make these sites call everything that isn't GPL malware and will find some excuse to "prove" it no matter what, like calling discord malware because it has an image cache(it runs on electron... it's a browser...)

noscript breaks the 99% of the web you don't specifically choose to permit to work, which is necessary when there's so many malicious scripts out there

You're supposed to allow only good part of web in, and block entrance to the baddies.

Discord is malware by definition since it's non-free software.

4channel is a non free software.

>Discord is malware by definition
Only if you're using foot fag's definition.

>don't trust anybody then since the author is human
now this is just stupid, user.

don't take my word for it

absolute bullshit. noscript is GPL. please show the code that does this. that website is not a legitimate source.

this, noscript keep you safe as long as you put effort on enabling only trusted content, if it break Jow Forums, allow the required components to be loaded, if it break the shady russian warez pron site packed with malware ads, well maybe and i say maybe, there is a reason, you choose what to do, its not idiot proof.

Noscript updated last week and it didn't take me to their page. This reeks of fake news, not to mention this page is 4 years old

Yeah what he did was a mistake but he issued an apology, besides the whole thing was a bit overblown, Giorgio Maone is a legit guy and he is one of the reasons of what made Firefox so great back in the mid 2000s

hackademix.net/2009/05/04/dear-adblock-plus-and-noscript-users-dear-mozilla-community/

forums.informaction.com/viewtopic.php?p=83190&sid=c815cdd30388a72d6d277bb04ed5e658#p83190

Attached: Giorgio.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Does uMatrix sanitize potential Cross-Site-Scripts?

enjoy your tracking and malware

this

I have my browser and all addons blocked from contacting anything at all. They can't even update themselves and I need to manually update things or turn something on to do whatever.

>t. turbo-normie
Christ, learn what a whitelist is...

Attached: 40fznVz.jpg (1020x770, 172K)

Actually, it is malware since they sell your conversations and user data to corporate donators and government agencies.

You can do that in uBlock Origin, let alone uMatrix

Cross-site Scripting (XSS): uBO medium blocking mode

Clickjacking: Default deny 3rd party script/iframe blocking + Filter lists

>can you prove that noscript is not a botnet?
NoScript IS ADWARE

It's GPLv2. Please post the section of code with adware.

>pic
Fucking cringe. uMatrix it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=AC4ALEKZRfg

it's worse

In some ways. uMatrix doesn't allow you to enable specific scripts and is domain-based instead.

Blacklist is significantly less of a hassle than Whitelist

Attached: 2000px-UBlock_Origin.svg.png (2000x2000, 108K)

>implying you can't configure whitelists with UMatrix by globally blocking all resources and unmasking resources that are needed

Yeah, reading these faggots makes me realize that often the people criticising an app or a product here haven't even used it, or don't even know how it works. It's embarrassing.

Should I use uMatrix or noScript?

I prefer NoScript because it's easier to configure and setup for everyday browsing. uMatrix is more difficult to use, but provides more granularity in terms of control. Try them both out and see which you like best, that's what I did.

You could try both if you have the means to, I can only give you input on uMatrix, which I've been using for a good while. Since it's domain-based, it's been pretty useful to block that absolute metric ton of ad trackers that go across many websites. If you're one to care for website aesthetics and/or want to browse the web seamlessly, it's not the best idea.
However, at least to me it's pretty interesting which websites out there are scripted to hell and back, which cdns they have and whatnot. But yeah, like
said, it's most likely best to give both a try and see which one has the best balance of fiddling/usability for your personal use case.

uMatrix is basically 3 addons in 1 but mind you, uMatrix isn't brainlet friendly. I never recommend it to people who don't have common sense with computers. Its like giving Linux to old people. Its hell for people who don't understand elements but fucking omega god tier for people that do.

this

fuck ublock's advanced shit and fuck anyone who claims it makes umatrix redundant

Attached: file.png (1197x1193, 107K)

Nice.

Why can't uMatrix implement element blocking? It seems dumb to have to install uBO just to do that one thing