I believe that within a year, these mini computers will have specs comparable to pc towers

I believe that within a year, these mini computers will have specs comparable to pc towers.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (2500x2500, 380K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/p/N82E16856158064
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8559U-vs-Intel-Core-i7-4790K/m543591vs2384
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

And just as hot. Enjoy your reactors.

And pc towers will have specs comparable to what?

PC towers don't have specs you fucking retard.
It will NEVER be comparable. Not even close.
Unless you're talking about some toaster, and if you are, fucking who cares?
A decent GPU is bigger than those fucking things.

>I believe that within a year, these mini computers will have specs comparable to pc towers from 2014
Fixed

That's not very cash money of you

Nah, the biggest crux about USFFs like these is the cooling and power delivery maxes out at about 150 watts. Hades Canyon NUC is currently the best implementation of said limitation. Sadly it uses a swiss cheese security intel processor.

Though to be fair it's using a housefire intel CPU + VEGA GPU. It will be very amusing to see what zen 2 + navi performance can be had for 150 watts.

Attached: mac_mini_vs_hades_nuc.png (1625x1568, 915K)

newegg.com/p/N82E16856158064

Attached: DeskMini A300.jpg (832x468, 76K)

Unfortunately this can only use low profile RAM so performance will be significantly hindered for the GPU AND CPU. Best I've seen are 2666 CL16 RAM kits without heatsinks. Would be really based if AMD released an zen 2 APU with onboard HBM.

I'm hoping AMD will take a different approach with their APUs on zen2+rdna, instead of the usual everyone is expecting.

Kingston Technology HyperX Impact 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 CL15 260-Pin. Low profile without heatsink.

$75. You can probably tighten that timing too if need be.

You also have the option of running the whole thing on M.2 external GPU if you are brave enough and even braver with 3600 + eGPU.

Wendell did a pretty neat video on this.

Those are about twice to three times the size of my massive brick of a 200w laptop power supply, pretty cool considering everything that's in there

>I believe that within a year, gains from higher clock speed, voltage, and power usage will be null

to the apple mac

That's the most mactarded thing I've read all day.

Attached: annKq60P_700w_0.jpg (700x995, 72K)

Nah, you can run a 3900x at 45W and it'll still shit all over any mainstream part from even 2 years ago

Not at the higher end workstation and high end gaming station level. CPU's are almost the size of pop tarts and seem to getting bigger.

good luck replacing gpu on this thing.

You can't even boot from it alone without a discreet gpu retard.

Does anyone know of something like a NUC but for server use? I don't want to pay for strong graphics hardware and I'd rather have ECC memory (though it's not required).

Well PCs are already small anyway.

What I really want is 13 inch laptops (Razer stealth, MacBook 13, Dell xps 13 etc) to pack some serious shit like I9s and 2080s and don't try up.

The smaller the fit, the better.

There are ARM server SoCs.

>angry birds processor
I'd much rather drag my balls across broken glass desu senpai.

Attached: 1559947773648.png (427x415, 245K)

Be my guest!

I'd rather x86. ARM is fine for a storage server but I do lots of transcoding as well.

>$150
Eh... for $100 more I got a shitty mini PC with 16gb of RAM, 3TB HDD, disc drive and 8th gen i5. It stays relatively cool even without AC in the summer right now. I wonder how bad the heat gets in that little guy.

Then you are incorrect

Where? What?

physically impossible. you can't dissipate the heat a full tower can.

op i hate to break it to you but this is just called 'mini itx' and you can get a mini itx server motherboard if you wanted to. you can run a 200w server processor in one of those bad boys if you can figure out how to cool it

ever since the wide availability of mini itx motherboards the only thing stopping computers from being that small has been the thermal considerations, and unless you want the cooling vent on the back to constantly blow hot air at significant speed then the solution is to buy a bigger case with more airflow or use a lower powered processor

also good luck fitting a video card or expanding literally any aspect of it like storage or ram down the road

They already do, and already did.
Now find a product designed around one that actually exists in reasonable quantity and at a reasonable price point.

Why would i want to expand my OC lol? I like it being small.

>these mini computers will have specs comparable to pc towers.
But the towers will have moved on. Again.

t h e r m a l s

the 'serious shit' is serious shit because its the best quality silicon at the highest thermal constraints achievable. the stuff that ends up in laptops is the same architecture but less of it to fit those thermal requirements

they have mobile xeons, but they still aren't higher than 4 cores, for that very reason

go for it dude im not judging your choice and if i had a use case that would work for mini itx i would probably choose it too, but im not going to try and posture that its the superior choice for everyone just because its technically always an option.

building a computer is all about balancing choices and cramming your entire rig into an apple-mini sized box might have some drawbacks, no amount of posturing on the internet is going to make them go away or change other people's usage cases or requirements

I believe that within a year, these chink mini computers will have specs to surpass metal gear

ngl tho I do kind of want to build one of these tiny ITX PCs with power bricks

Attached: TB2MmlespuWBuNjSspnXXX1NVXa_!!133727433.jpg (800x800, 360K)

Attached: O1CN01hNY7LW2BJEaP6YCOp_!!4209658317.jpg (750x750, 410K)

nice egg cookers

Delusional

>electric bill covers the heating bill
>making this sound like a bad thing

Attached: 1558815303844.png (158x255, 30K)

CPU-wise, they already matched 2014 desktop performance last year. Bean Canyon NUC i7 vs. 4790K:
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8559U-vs-Intel-Core-i7-4790K/m543591vs2384

Only if you mean streaming devices that stream games from high-end servers like Google Stadia, then in an indirect way, yes.

Attached: google_gaming_announce_gdc_12.0.jpg (1885x1076, 459K)

>user benchmark

People said by 2020 you'd be able to fit a real PC in a usb stick but we're stuck with things like thing Intel makes, so no, it would still need cooling thus defeating the whole purpose.

I bought the little Noctua for mine, and the thing is fucking silent. The ambient temps probably get pretty warm, but probably nothing like the average laptop gets.

My gripes are
>Second m.2 slot is on the bottom of the fucking board, so unless you Jerry rig something it so you use the motherboard tray as a heatsink, it gets pretty toasty
>Not sure if this is because of the previous point, but literally one SSD is faster than RAID'ing two. I tried RAID'ing two 1TB's for a ultra fast workstation PC, but ended up removing it because of poor performance
>You have to pay extra for an additional two USB ports, and the rear headphone jack is near useless because of the interference
>What ultimately prevented it from becoming a great portable server is the fact you can't fit 15mm 2.5" drives in it, and unless you spend twice the money for half the space, you're pretty much limited to using SSD's since HDD's only go up to 2TB

Anyone have any questions or want pics?

I forgot to mention
>Because it uses so-dimm, you have to pay disproportionately more money for faster RAM for better gaming performance.
>Not a huge deal breaker, all things considered, but it uses the A320 chipset that doesn't allow overclocking

You're better off just buying a standard mITX motherboard and using a picoPSU. Granted, you're probably spending twice the money, but it will ended up being a better build in the long run.

>Where?
ebay
>What?
huh?
Hold on brotha, you game on that thing? My hp mini has an integrated mobo with an intel UHD G630... which is barely functional for many modern games at even the lowest settings. But I'm not using this thing to game. Is the mobo not integrated on that thing? What are all the specs? Post pics please.

Company executives should have to go to prison for putting graphics like that on their products.