What's Jow Forums's feelings towards this piece of work?

What's Jow Forums's feelings towards this piece of work?
I'm still not interested in having a stylus with my phone, guaranteed to use it maybe twice.
Many pointless features though, why do I need the ability to charge other devices with my phone?
But the display size, the battery, the snapdragon 855 and 12gb of RAM(only on the 10+) really get me going.

Save yourself the time it's takes to explain how much of a waste money it is to get a new flagship phone. Not interested.

Attached: Samsung-Galaxy-Note-10-2002381.jpg (590x713, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G8J7lCAs38w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Get a chink phone. The specs blow you away for $200 it's ridiculous.

No big changes since note 8

Why not just admit you're poor? I have an S10+ and it's awesome!

Reccomendations? I don't want to hunt through the endless mounds of Chinese phones.

>mfw I payed 250€ for my OP6

Note
Note3
Note5
Note8

and I wont be upgrading to the Note10, the first note i'll miss in my 2 year upgrade cycle.

The lack of headphone jack is my primary reason.
If they don't bring it back in the Note11 or 12, I simply wont buy samsung again.

Okay so as someone that's consistently used the Note series, how much use for our get out of the stylus?

I personally get a fair bit of use from it, but it's because I play a lot of KOTOR on my phone. Being able to precisely click on corpses and chests to loot is very nice, also there are some fairly small buttons in the game UI that while they were adjusted for the mobile version, it's still far easier to use a precision pointer (like a mouse, or in this case, the Spen).

But it's NOT a big enough reason for me to buy the Note10 without a headphone jack. I listen to music while charging my phone, a LOT. So unless I get two USB type-C ports, or a headphone jack back, I simply wont upgrade from my Note8.

I Just got note 8, a little outdated I know and its my first Samsung phone but I like to draw and have quite a bit of free time at work so this is quite handy for me, literally the only reason I got this phone was for the stylus, its good but not great, there is a little bit of latency when using that can be quite frustrating but some of the apps are surprisingly feature rich, like having a mini photoshop in m pocket. I love having the stylus but it was the main selling point for me, If you don't intend on using it for drawing there is literally nothing that distinguishes this phone from any other smartphone ive had.

Why are you still using wired headphones in 2019 are you poor

I use the stylus on my phone every day for everything.
There is nothing that I hate more than using my phone with my fingers and I'm not even trying to be a contrarian on this topic, I just hate it.

It's a waste of money to get a new flagship phone, especially when it doesn't even have basic features like a headphone jack.

Wired headphones are simply better, less latency, better audio quality, no need to worry about battery level, or worry about your battery slowly losing capacity overtime meaning you're replacing your wireless headphones every ~18-24 months unless you're fine with halving your battery life every year or so.

Redmi note 7 is a safe bet. I have one and despite the chinks, it's good.
Its sides are plastic and compromise the structural integrity of the phone though, so a case is a must.
youtube.com/watch?v=G8J7lCAs38w
You could also use this guy's other durability tests to weed out the shittier chinkphones.

le zoom zoom

Idk man I'm last 24 months now and still have a solid 20+ hour battery life. I just charge them often to keep battery health good.

Yep

charging them often is exactly what kills them.

Li-ion cells have limited number of charge cycles, if you charge more frequently, you're literally killing your battery faster.

You're never going to convince me wireless is better, because objectively it isn't.

Wifi isn't better than ethernet, despite ethernet being pretty much identical to where it was a decade+ ago and wifi has advanced SIGNIFICANTLY since. But still doesn't compare to a real wired ethernet connection.

I won't try to, I agree with you. But for audio it's just the future. No mainstream phone will keep headphone jacks. Wireless earbuds are the wave.

And lithium ion cells duration is better the closer to full charge they remain. Letting them discharge is what kills them. Charging them frequently keeps them in better health. Modern Li cells don't have overcharge issues

>works on my machine

Just buy a new Note 9 for $500
It's perfect in every way.

Come the fuck on. I've had QC35 for over a year with no issues. You can put your phone down and walk away from it. Also, the only problem ever comes if I turn a microwave on, which floods the immediate area with radiation and interferes with bluetooth. I used to be a purist, but now I don't think I'll buy wired again. I'm too used to not having to write catch on stuff and yank the headphones off. Or having the wire break or degrade.

i've been using the same wired headphone for 8 years.

They cost easily 2x your bose as well.

Congratulations, but you're in the extreme minority of keeping them that long unless you never leave the house. But then again, reading your responses, you're just arguing to argue at this point. I charge my headphones no more than twice a month. They sound beautiful and have tons of battery life. All the old inconveniences of wired headphones have been vanquished with only very small issues to deal with now.

I never said I was the average consumer, all i've said is that I personally wont get a Note10 because it doesn't have a headphone jack, there are still flagship phones with headphone jacks, and i'll buy one of those if the next Note doesn't bring it back.

I'm okay with that.

Well, there's nothing wrong with that. I believe you're going to be disappointed though, because with the two most popular flagships going without the 1/8" jack, it's probably the wave of the future knocking on the door. Hopefully you can keep finding devices with suit you.

I'm getting a Note 10+ because my work pays for it and the pixel 4 xl looks really disappointing. I don't like the loss of the headphone jack but since the battery should last twice as long as my current phone it's not a huge deal.

Honestly, i'm just crossing my fingers Sony keeps it up. The japs have enough of a fetish with audio that they're the most likely to keep it.

Why does a mobile phone need 12GB of ram??????????????????? I have the s10+ and not once have I had slowdown or out of memory errors. I'm pretty sure 4gb is fine for a mobile device. Even if you keep all your apps open, 8gb is probably too much. So why the fuck do you need 12gb? You hardly ever use that much memory on your desktop for fuckssake.

Where do you find such a deal

I do a bit of digital art and drawing but I really haven't considered this phone as a another drawing tablet. Any experience using it for actual visual work? Image editing and things like that?

You don't need 12gb of RAM. It's over the top everyone understands that. They're just flexing the amount of tech they can put into their flagship.

>why do I need the ability to charge other devices with my phone?
I imagine it's useful if you have bluetooth headphones which you will because no 3.5

It's incredibly useful if you're in a design or engineering field, most notably because of the ability to snap a photo of something and draw directly on it. That's great when, for example, taking measurements of a flange or bracket that a custom part needs to attach to. It's also great when you need to navigate sites that aren't optimized for mobile devices, also something you run into a lot when dealing with specialized parts suppliers in engineering or manufacturing fields. (Also, it's a godsend for clicking the teeny tiny Xs they put on the stupid ads on a lot of sites these days.)

Same here.
I have used a stylus with nearly every phone including feature phones.
Absolutely hate using my big fingers to fiddle with tiny virtual buttons.

I also hate trackpads with a passion.
Always use a clitmouse or a proper mouse.

Sadly this really limits my choice in phones and laptops.
And all seem to be turning to shit lately (no headphone jack on Note 10, no swappable batteries in latest Thinkpads). - Guess I have to keep using last year's hardware indefinitely.

I'm unhappy about the headphone jack but I'm going to end up getting a 10 anyway, because I love the stylus and there's nothing else on the market that has one. I'm thinking I might go with the smaller model this time, though, the Notes have gotten too damn long since switching to 18:9.

The ability to charge other stuff actually seems useful to me, I have a Galaxy Watch and it'd be nice to charge it when travelling without having to bring a separate charger along. It'll also presumably be pretty important for charging the bluetooth headphones you'll be forced to use. (And I won't be getting my new Note until next spring so I'd bet that by then they'll be doing a deal where you get a free pair of Galaxy Buds when you buy one.)

Never do any fancy stuff like that.
I'm already happy when I can copy-paste text easily.
I also love it when buttons have tooltips so I don't have to guess their behavior, but that's not even common on Samsung's own apps.

I'm the same about styluses as well. Maybe it comes from having had Palm and WinCE devices back in the day?

I'm alright with trackpads though, as long as they're decent ones, unfortunately that also limits choice since a lot of PC manufacturers still put tiny garbage trackpads that feel straight out of the '90s on their computers.

>Notes have gotten too damn long since switching to 18:9.

I strongly disagree.
In my experience the longer aspect ratio makes it far more comfortable to carry in a jeans pocket.
Even when cycling my Note 8 doesn't obstruct leg movement, whereas the Note 3 I had before did.

I've had the opposite experience unfortunately. It's OK with pants that have deep pockets, or slacks where the pockets are more on the side of the hip, but some of my jeans make the phone sit right in my hip joint area and it really gets uncomfortable when climbing stairs or whatever. I also really preferred the shorter wider aspect ratio, it meant content and the keyboard were bigger, while with the new 18:9 shit's smaller but you just have more of it on the screen at once. It feels like a "normal" sized screen but longer instead of an actual bigger screen.

Well, I don't know if this has kept up because phones love to shed features and I really haven't been keeping an eye on samsung after they started locking down the bootloader, but the galaxy s5 could use S-pens.

Huge upgrade in design, the note 9 looks like dated shit now.
>why do I need the ability to charge other devices with my phone?
In case your low powered accessories like your watch/earbuds are almost dead. Also when you travel you can use it as a wireless charging pad overnight so you only need one cable/brick.

Stylus works with RDP and everything pressure sensitive. Even pokemon go if you want.
Notes will register pressure even if your setup has no tablet device around.

Notes are only expensive because wacom demands it. Hardware is very useful for all kinds of work,

My rooted note 3 gets 75 hours battery life and i have 3 battery's. its the ultimate drawing pad

s10 came out months ago is cheaper and better
i'd get note 9 if all i cared about was stylus

They're around $600-$700 USD unlocked right now on Amazon but they go down to $500 on sales like prime day and black friday
I got mine on black friday last year for $500 somehow. I guess that's just what Samsung wanted to sell it at before Galaxy S10 got announced
That or just get a Note 8 for $400

it works regardless of humidity and rain, as opposed to finger imprecision

with Samsung Browser if behaves like a mouse cursor, including mouse hover

I use the built in GIF maker often, which is much easier with the stylus

same for photo and video editing (I use the Adobe RGB display mode)

also DS emulation and mobile games like KotOR are great

this, but the i don't care about the headphone jack.
they still could keep it in there tho.

the price is too high, there is no real reason to upgrade to this phone from the note 8 apart from the battery size.

once every few days. usually to take screen shots. but if it wasn't there i wouldn't care.

Note 3 is wider than even the 10+ so it's no wonder. I would love if the 10+ with the same body height as the note 3 since that was about the limit of my finger length to reach the top corner with one hand.

I already pre-ordered a white one. It's fucking gorgeous from everything I've seen. Probably won't be getting another phone for 3-4 years.

Currently on an S8+ and the last two S series phones haven't impressed me at all.

I was just at Best Buy and they already had the 10 on display. I definitely like the smaller one, the screen is virtually the same size as the one on my Note 8 but the device is substantially smaller, especially from top to bottom.

I like the more rectangular body and screen, I mean that's been the design of the Note series for awhile but my only issue is that it's basically a fucking S10+ with notable improvements in design rather than hardware and the improvements in hardware that are present are mostly useless. Note fans will most likely ignore this one in favor of the S10+, they're that similar. You're better off getting an S10+ if you live in NA since at least that one retains the headphone jack. They're getting cheaper and cheaper here in the US.

I'm stuck between this and a OnePlus7 Pro.
I'd love to get a 5G phone because I work in an area that supports it, but not really in a hurry to be an early adopter. 4G is plenty fast.

My first instinct is No, not even the stupid fast charger you can get would be worth it. It looks fucking gorgeous, but it doesn't feel like a huge upgrade, plus I think no 90hz for it's price is a sin.

Have a guy at work whose got a OnePlus7 Pro. That screen man, shit is smooth as fuck.

I DO use the stylus though, but I could potentially live without it. Coming from a Note 8.

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1070, 2.71M)