Please help me i'm dying

Hey guys, i'm a 19 year old fuckwad who doesn't know what he wants in this life yet. All i know is that i love the idea of programming. Be it games, backend stuff or whatever. I would just like to see myself progress. Anytime i started to learn any programming language, the closest i got to anything palpable was a fucking GUI with buttons that didn't do shit. If i come up with an idea, welp, out of luck there buddy, turns out you are way to inexperienced to apply it.

Sorry for the long ass read, so, all i want to know, is what language should i stick with and learn, if i my dream jobs are in pentesting, data analysis or even financial stuff (i guess that goes into data analysis).

again, sorry for the rant
> inb4 you're too old to start

Attached: iwanttodie.jpg (1280x720, 190K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ctftime.org/
youtube.com/channel/UClcE-kVhqyiHCcjYwcpfj9w
youtube.com/user/RootOfTheNull/videos
training.talkpython.fm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you are too old to start
after certain age your brain doesn't function as good as it used to especially when it comes to different ways of thinking (something required in programming)
if you haven't started around age of 15 I have bad news for you son

just try something else, art, business, whatever

apply yourself

>tfw the majority of senior developers in your country didn't even have acces to pcs at that age

Attached: bate.jpg (627x626, 48K)

Python

Webdev
Frontent

There are jobs for literal women there. You can't be dumber than a broad.

are they fucking 90 or do you live in africa?

Yeah, i've been oscilating between choosing python and C#. While i find python really neat, how could i actually see something sprout from it. Are there challenges or something for beginners ?

Ex-soviet/communist
and by sprout i mean, see something happen. (i know it's vague but like remember the first time you wrote some text in an html page and it appeared on screen ? i noticed that if i don't have that "oh, i did something" feeling, i get frustrated)

Love the idea of programming? Imagine being this much of a pussy. What is holding you back from actually sitting on your ass and study this shit?
It's not like "I love the idea of getting to the top of Mount Everest" where is virtually impossible for normal folk to do it. Just fucking look up for resources and do it.
Lucky for you, I'll fucking spoonfeed you the resource that helped me get a job:
theodinproject.com
Now quit being a whiny bitch and get to fucking WORK. You don't even need to make your stuff pretty, just functional is enough.
Power through this course and you will land a job.

Attached: smirking_wojak.png (645x773, 11K)

learn Dart/Flutter and become an iOS/Android mobile web developer

dont fall into frontend/backedn web developement as you'll be in a full year of learning endless frameworks

both Dart and Flutter is easy to learn, you can learn it in a short amount of time, and there are plenty of mobile developer positions available

Dart will carry on to other C-based languages you might want to learn like Java, Javascript, C++, etc

>Web Development
he wants to learn real programming you retard

he can use webdev as a stepping stone to learn other things, don't be an autist

One really good thing that motivates me to learn new things and solve problems is to play CTFs
ctftime.org/

Watch some youtube videos regarding CTF

youtube.com/channel/UClcE-kVhqyiHCcjYwcpfj9w

youtube.com/user/RootOfTheNull/videos

In ctf there are challenges you need to solve that range from reverse engineering to cryptography and binary exploitation. Trust me it really helps to solve them

Idiot.

I'm pretty well paid and started working seriously in university. And that with many failed years, borderline a dropout. He can still do it.

OP, start programming shit and put it on GitHub. Join Discord servers, and ask for potential good projects+ask for support in case shit hits the fan. Wait for udemy offers (usually 10-12 euros), they come once every 1-3 days. Work these projects, put them on GitHub. Write every shitty sub-framework/sub-concept known in your CV. Try to find some low-end job that can propel you up. Avoid tester jobs like the plague. Try being a frontend dev first, and start from there. Learn JS, React and PHP or Python for backend. Learn some MariaDB or MySQL and SQLite. After you get a job, aim for higher stuff. There you go, you aren't going to get any better advice here on Jow Forums, desu. So write it down. Ignore 99% of the spergs here with distrowars, mechanical keyboards and processor wars, and just do your programming work.

Common Lisp

Literally this, stop being a cuck and just learn the shit you want, if you can't learn it then you are not passionate enough for programming.

Thanks a lot, and yeah i realise i'm a pathetic human failure, but at this point, you can't bring me down or insult me more than i did over time. So thanks again for the input, will check that out.
At some point i tried it out, but i don't think i have the eye for it. Like I put out some websites that looked like shit, but worked. But who tf wants a website that looks like shit. Fuck, some people sacrifice functionality over looks, so i'm fucked in that department. Maybe backend would be ok for me ? idk

Figure out a good way to kill yourself

Obviously its gonna look like shit in the first few times, just try to improve each time and try new methods

Didn't think i'd find you here, Me.

>All i know is that i love the idea of programming
Everyone "loves the idea" of something, we all have our dreams and either you will chase them with all that you got or you give up.
But the hardest thing to accept is that in the end it wouldn't have mattered anyway, achieving your desires and seeing the idea you love crushed under the weight of reality is just as awful as having failed.

If you actually want to do it,choose one language and one small sized project and try your best to make it happen.

As if you needed to be particularly smart to program...
This isn't research mathematics.

>if i my dream jobs are in pentesting, data analysis or even financial stuff
Nobody will care much about your favourite language.

Go finish your degree at a reputable university, that's what will get you hired.

You might like sysadmin it doesn't really require a lot of problem solving so you wont be at a disadvantage in that respect due to your age.

The duality of man

OH yeah, i would love it. But who hires a 19 yr old sysadmin with no real-world experience ? pretty-much no one

training.talkpython.fm
You need structure young man.

> jump start course --- 30% of my monthly rent.
Thanks, i know i need structure. But i can't afford that platform.

>html
>ruby
DILATE

Theres a difference between loving the idea and actually liking doing it.

You're over the big hurdle by knowing that.

Now find all the things you are interested in at all, and try them. Once you gain some competence, you can develop a "why" that will get you through what you need to do no matter how smart you are. (Which is to say, if you're too dumb to, say, program you won't enjoy it as much as something you're at least remotely good at.

Problem with all of that is that it requires habit-forming first and foremost. So, either figure out a way to force yourself to militantly remain disciplined, or if you're like me, you restructure everything around you, including technology to incentivise yourself to do whatever.

A shorter way to say the above is, you need intrinsic incentive/motivation. Dreaming about programming is extrinsic, as you are enjoying the idea of the potential benefits of being one. Not enjoying the activity itself.

Find what your dumbass monkey brain actually likes first.

Same user here.

If you wanna do low level game dev check out Handmade Hero.

Free (or 15 bucks if you want the source code)

Haha, felt motivated until that last sentence.
Thanks for the input, while i don't consider myself a genius, I don't think i'm THAT stupid.
I'm currently working 12h a day, everyday of the week, so i can afford to live on my own. So i have to squeeze some programming in my office schedule when i ahve free time.
Zero social life, no pc at home, i just try to get by and develop.

Make games user

Is the project complete? Been a long time since I checked it

Yep, he wants to learn a "real programming languageā„¢" or profit? there's a big difference

I would happily live on 750$ a month.
250$ is the rent, and so on. So as far as profit goes, i don't really care, i just want to work in this field, but first, learn.

Nah, Casey is being slow as hell. But right now he has the asset streaming system finished, so they can focus on improving the visuals of the game.

Really I would say a year more is all that would be needed to finish, but as it is a research/educational project, he will probably take all the time here and there to explain extra stuff like his overview of the X86 processor recently. (Which was really good.) So I'm gonna guess 2 years if the plan doesn't change.

>Anytime i started to learn any programming language
dont do that
learn liner algebra and C or python if you dont want to overkill it on your first sprint

You're making money working at 19. That's a start you shouldn't feel shit about.

From here on, it looks like you actually do have the habits to put *some* hour count into a thing. You made it sound like you were sitting home alone. You gotta stop worrying user, you're currently stable, just take care of the human animal (don't let your life be defined ONLY by that job.) and you'll be fine.

Good luck.

We're all dying
Sooner or later.