/spg/ - Smartphone General

Phoneposting Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 1553335972795.png (2518x1252, 2.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009591521059.html?wid=1349303&lkid=49197161
youtu.be/TrJaMH11olk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

/our goy/

Attached: images1.jpg (237x213, 11K)

When will OnePlus start installing cameras on their phones?

Attached: 1546017843364.png (1440x2880, 3.68M)

Pixel 4 looks good so far but that battery life will be horseshit with a 90hz display, and the xl is too large for my baby hands. What do?

if you want the pixel 4, just get it then use 60Hz instead of 90Hz. if you want to use it still, i suggest you get a powerbank to cover the battery life, although bear in mind they have this "smart battery" thing

>powerbank
ew no disgusting. rather have an oversized xl with 3700mah

Can this GPS thing be permanently disabled?
Sometimes every couple hours it checks for GPS signal automatically and it hogs all the internet connection, even though I selected to never check many times, it just ignores the settings.
I never use GPS on this device so if I could completely uninstall it then it would be even better.

Attached: GPS.png (104x76, 1K)

>Drumpf isn't a kike pupp-

Attached: 1564237833415.jpg (631x732, 129K)

What phone is Zion Don using now?
I remember he had some special 'hardened' (i.e. backdoored straight to Bibi's desk) Galaxy S4.
Reckon he's still using it or he's upgraded?
Many of his tweets say posted from Twitter for iPhone but I've never seen him with an iPhone, which only lends more credence to the idea that he isn't even in charge of his Twitter account.

Attached: 1563231090571.png (514x249, 93K)

>it hogs all the internet connection

Attached: EBqyGvAUEAAy-wM.jpg (768x1024, 224K)

Attached: images.png (277x182, 11K)

Disable it in settings -> location

your call then

anyone here using popsockets? will it allow me to use a modern "large" phone with a half decent battery, with baby hands?

Attached: 1543071621301.jpg (550x512, 41K)

Why OnePlus so shiiiiit?

Attached: 1559597663520.png (1440x2368, 3.65M)

chinkshit

Why its /sgs/ approved phone?

Attached: 1529464873909.png (1440x2352, 3.41M)

what nationality are you?

Should I pre-order the Note 10+? It seems to destroy the OP7 Pro in camera quality, software, features, etc and I can get it for really cheap from my work. It would be about same price as OP7 Pro after discount.

>60hz
lol

>Everywhere is out of the Zenfone 6 6/64
>Even preorders are backordered into September for burgers and leafs
With how much demand there was for this thing, how the fuck did ASUS fuck up producing enough models to ship out when they fucking released the damn phone everywhere else 3 months ago?

Attached: 5.png (556x739, 735K)

Where's a good place to post for technical problems with a smartphone? My phone updated all by its fucking self, installing Android pie. it's got a few features that I don't mind but it's got one really annoying fucking screenshot feature that's driving me absolutely fucking bonkers. Does anybody know how to turn off the mark-up feature?

You asking too much questions.

Attached: 1431610720608.jpg (1440x3120, 1.83M)

hz is irrelevant on a phone. I'm not an autistic 16 year old gamer.

Fate gives you a chance to buy a good phone.

you asked three questions, i asked one

it's not

So when is Jow Forums going to upgrade the image size limit?

Attached: Screenshot_20190812-162955_Google News.jpg (1440x2960, 636K)

based

I hope the OnePlus 8 pro has a 120hz screen and 240hz polling rate. Maybe slightly less curved edges. Thoughts?

recommend me fags, budget 200 with a good camera? any of the chinkphones like the redmis have good cameras?

What is google

RN7 + GCam

>all the megapixels
>still uses a complete dogshit lens
>costs twice as much for marketing memes

thanks, i will see into it, tho i live in a third world country so i may have to import it here to get a decent price, here retail is like 300ish

>m-muh power point presentation

Do used iPhone prices drop after new iPhones go on sale? Should I delay buying a used iPhone 8 until after the new iPhones go on sale probably in the third week of September?

ah btw the gcam is not a big meme?

give it back ubuntu

Nah, it really makes a difference

Any recommendations below 500€? Been looking at the OnePlus 6T and Xiaomi Mi 9 so far, anyone have experience with how their cameras compare?

>Samsung doesn't use Schneider lenses on their premium devices

Wait for Mi9T Pro

I can tolerate one notch on the Aquos Zero, which I'd much rather get

Mi9 camera is surprisingly good, but it has this weird beautifying filter for all portraits that you can't turn off

Just got a Samsung Note 7 after people told me it's the best phone I can get for the price.
Any tip on apps and games?

>note 7

And I suppose these "people" were Samsung salespeople

No I asked here and they said to get a rn7 or note 7

gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009591521059.html?wid=1349303&lkid=49197161

Is this site legit, looks like a good deal.

>gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009591521059.html?wid=1349303&lkid=49197161

OnePlus 7T Pro

You think OneUI mogs OxygenOS? LOL
and just get gcam retard. The new Notes are overpriced junk

>t. hasn't experienced high refresh rate displays
Get the OnePlus 7 non pro retard

Why would a thief who just stole a phone need to ask if used prices drop in September? His best bet always is to sell quickly before IMEI gets blacklisted by telcos after the phone is reported stolen.

Recent updates have greatly improved camera quality on the OnePlus, are these pics up to date? I doubt it. Anyway lol ay not using geecam

worldwide 2030

is geekbuying trustworthy? they have the pocophone for $256 and cheap dhl
also its camera better than the rmn7's? (with gcam on both)

youtu.be/TrJaMH11olk

Why the fuck did I listen to you all Jow Forums
>get redmi Note 7
>bro for the camera add the google apk
>find it online download and install
>battery life has been shit ever since
>data usage out the ass now on chink phone

what the fuck is wrong with this chink phone

>tfw fell for the Note 7 meme
the headphone jack crapped itself within two months.

You pajeets should really get their shitposting times check so it seems a bit legit.

Recentish, not too big, no notch, SD slot, 3.5 jack.

Moto X4: better specs, preferred size
Moto Z2 Play: OLED, moto mod support, though a bit bigger than I like.
The fingerprint sensor intrigues me. Neither has a removable battery which makes me a little sad.

Thoughts? Anything I should know? I'll probably get the Z2.

looking for a replacement to my le max 2 which is starting to shit the bed

>5.7-6" screen
>at least 2K / QHD
>USA bands 2, 4, 12 plus global bands
>USB C
>custom ROM preferred or at least easy debloat

I can compromise on other things I guess. it feels like galaxy s8 or s9 are the only real options that would be an upgrade

>5.7-6" screen
>at least 2K / QHD
Doesn't exist, you'll have to go bigger with like a Oneplus 7 Pro or Pixel 3 XL

Removable batteries are a thing of the past, don't expect it on any phone. Get the Z if it comes with a free mod (and a cool one like the projector or camera lens). Otherwise, X all the way.

My interest in the mods is to extend phone life with a relatively inexpensive battery mod once the battery starts to degrade in a year or two. Plus the OLED screen is very appealing, not gonna lie.

Thanks for the advice, though.

that's what my le max has, and that's just some random chinkphone

Good luck finding a 2019 phone like it

Any news on PocoF2?

F U C K M E
why do they have to do this shit to us

So my device isn't compatible with the Netflix app, is there a way to work around this ?
T. Retard

rooted phone or just shit phone

I'm looking to get a new phone finally, I've still got my antique Note 2. I'm looking to get another Note since the entire reason I got the phone is for the pen screen for being an art fag. Assuming I don't care about the camera or other features like that what's the best Note to go with?
I suppose I could just get the 10 when it's out, but if an older model has a good pen screen I don't see much reason to go for the newest and shiniest one.

I would just get a new Note 2 but it's old enough some websites and apps don't work well on it.

Country is USA, carrier would probably just be that Walmart Straight Talk.

I'm hoping the Note 9 gets discounted when the 10 is released. The 8 is very similar, but with a smaller battery.

I want the Pixel 3a because it is part of the only lineup that gets updates, has the least bloatware and the best camera, but I don't like the fucking huge bezels, and the Pixel 3 is overpriced junk

is zenphone 6 good? what are the most common issues with Asus phones? which Asus phone(s) had the shortest time of receiving updates? I'm considering zenphone 6 because it is cheap, the camera seems to be good on YouTube, the mechanical notch is perfect and it doesn't have that gayass huge bezel on the top and bottom

let me know what you guys think

I hope your low IQ brains understands that 2k is 1080p

What's the best Samsung phone with a headphone jack I can get right now?

S10

>buy iPhone 7 off a friend because it was a """""" steal """"""
>willing to give it a shot after 10 years of android

>storage space is 256gb which is great, especially compared to my current op3
>most apps run buttery smooth and are more optimized for iOS instead of Android
It's not that bad.

>but, lacks the screen size as its not a 7plus
>obvious lack of phone customization

What should I do? I heard they die soon after the next iPhone is released and the 7 is already 2 years old.
Resell it? I'd be getting around the exact amount back.

Attached: Good-Time-New-Poster-1.jpg (1012x1500, 267K)

>buying chink phones
>buying Samsung
>buying google

Attached: 62662A86-662C-4895-BCE8-80298AFEA1A4.jpg (660x574, 31K)

>buying phones every year

Enjoy your exploding phone.

How's the battery life on the S10? I've heard it's weak

All phones are chink phones though.

Got a new OnePlus 7. Stuck in my old sim card from a Galaxy S7. I use AT&T. I can hear callers, but callers cannot hear me. Wat do

I tried recording my voice, it would seem that the microphone doesn't work. I just get white noise. Any idea what I should do?

You should try getting a temporary SIM card from another company and testing with that

Return for a replacement, it's borked.

Doubt it's the SIM because the microphone just seems broken by itself.

Very frustrating.

Ching chong strikes again
Return it for a refund and buy a decent phone this time

inb4
> muh 90hz
> muh xda
> muh gcam
> muh oxygen os

Not paying $700 for a chink piece of shit

>OnePlus isn't chinksh—

I'm searching for a new phone, so tell me, what do you have?

You just got unlucky with a defective unit, get the seller to replace it for you since it's brand new.

Not that guy, I'm just curious, this general just spams chinkshit, so what do they use.

Post your country and what you do on your phone, as well as any other requirements (e.g. battery life, 3.5mm jack).

people spam chinkshit begrudgingly i think
it's no secret china has its foot on the neck of the smartphone industry, and the result of this is tacit appreciation of cost effective hardware and utility towards chinkphones and internalized racism happening at the same time

tl/dr; it's complicated

I use Pocophone since I just need to play rhythm games.

I'm coming from a Note 8, I do like it, so much I'll probably keep it as a back up, I do want the 90z from the OP7P. Co worker has it, its fucking beautiful.
I can live without the headphone jack, and never use wireless charging . ever.

I work with TVs and all my monitors are 144hz, so I'm a sucker for motion. Thing is, the one thing people buy phones for I never use.

The Camera. Probably my least used feature .
I do favor performance and a snappy interface. alongside customization. All about that shit