When will Jow Forums support VP9?

When will Jow Forums support VP9?

Attached: sad-girl-mirror.webm (498x228, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/FutabaKanri2/status/1160863545073926144
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When the Japanese learn to code.

now that I think about it, why aren't there more famous japanese programmers? you would think nation this autistic should thrive in software development and yet I rarely see a nip name in the credits

Video games.

Attached: ffxiii-credits.png (1280x720, 518K)

Nips don't care about programming anything that's not related to entertainment.

Attached: nips.png (960x622, 368K)

When more smartphones are compatible with it. No joke. "Compatibility" was the reason I was given on old /qa/.

Attached: 22 second clip - 1920x1080 - Comparison VP8-VP9.png (1920x3248, 3.98M)

Aren't most modern Android phones compatible with VP9?

Never, filthy gaijin

But futaba (2chan.net) already supports VP9 webms.

But everything has supported it for the last half decade.

Attached: Untitled.png (1341x957, 74K)

They even just added webp support yesterday

twitter.com/FutabaKanri2/status/1160863545073926144

You forgot the rotten bitten apple product though.

iToddler's crap doesn't even support VP8

You misspelled AV1

When you can encode it in less than x2 of the original media's duration.

Obviously. About every chan that isn't Jow Forums supports it, vichan has supported it for a long time, lynxchan since it was finished.

Enable row-mt and don't use the slowest speed settings and it should be no problem.

This. VP8 is utter shit you probably want to use the slowest settings, including using only 1 or 2 threads, so you can squeeze the most out of it. Using VP9 on theoretical highest quality settings is indeed slow as balls, but the codec is so superior that you can encode with 16 threads and speed 2 and it will still wipe the floor with best quality VP8 in terms of quality/filesize while not sacrificing anything in terms of duration.
Slower settings are for the patient, but they're not necessary.

Dunno, I don't use shitphones. Ask which ever admin it was that replied to that thread....many years ago.

iOS doesn't even support vp9 for YouTube, let alone Jow Forums

The Japanese are just not very intelligent. They will never be good programmers.

>VP9
But everyone is at AV1 at the moment

Probably because they're all using ancient technology.
Are they still using XP? Or is it windows 7 now.

racist

>But everyone is at AV1 at the moment
In a way I'm kind of concerned about that - I'm worried that AV1 might actually set back the adoption of free video codecs. We're still a long way off from practical desktop AV1 encoding, and (from what I've heard) the VP9 encoder could still be made a lot quicker, but AV1 has completely taken any attention VP9 was getting.

Yes, libvpx has a lot of room for improvement, but it will never happen. Google only cares about their own use case and they seemingly have an aversion to psychovisual tuning.
>but AV1 has completely taken any attention VP9 was getting.
Pretty much nobody cared about VP9 even before AV1. The only instance where AV1 actually hurts VP9 is Intel's new encoder suite. SVT-AV1 does indeed take all attention away from SVT-VP9.

I don't think iOS even supports VP8.