How did this piece of shit get so popular?

how did this piece of shit get so popular?

Attached: new-twitter-logo[1].jpg (1000x563, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fediverse.network
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

At least it doesn't pretend intellectual exchanges are possible on the platform.

"Donald Trump is bad"
- Justin Bieber

9 gorillian upboats, 10 gorillan reboasts

It had an app shortly after the app store opened.

It got popular because it was one of the first phone applications. But this isn't enough to carry it alone, the blue checkmark is literally what made it stand out from the various other shit tier social networks. Actually knowing its Trump, Lady Gaga, or whatever other form of celeb cancer you follow is what made it unique. Twitter still doesn't seem to realize that it was the blue checkmark that defined them and gained them their userbase. They seriously need to give up on the character limit per post and allow edits.

there was nothing like it
journalists flocked to it because it allowed them to be exceptionally lazy about getting quick first-hand reports and I guess it grew from there in perceived importance

One day everyone started shilling it for some reason especially news programs. It was almost like it was coordinated. Why I don't know though.

>Twitter still doesn't seem to realize that it was the blue checkmark that defined them and gained them their userbase. They seriously need to give up on the character limit per post and allow edits.
Are these supposed to be related thoughts? I don't see how this isn't a non sequitur.

But also you're wrong about the character limit anyway. No one has interest in using their words to justify things on twitter. Are you retarded? That's not why anything on twitter goes viral. If you really need to you can post an image with a paragraph of text anyway.

>No one has interest in using their words to justify things on twitter. Are you retarded?
What is retarded is people being forced to split their shit up into 12 tweets just to post something larger than an insult. If people are forced to fucking make a picture of what they wrote in Notepad because the character limits are too small then its a fucking design flaw. Pic related is someone doing a work around of a glaring design flaw.

Attached: 2019-08-12-181858.png (607x811, 398K)

Celebrities.

Another case of a design flaw. This fucking moron has to delete the entire thread because he is unable to spell his name correctly. The ability to edit tweets would solve this issue.

Attached: trumtp.png (972x1014, 245K)

>how did this piece of shit get so popular?
500 million flys cant be wrong

>If people are forced to fucking make a picture of what they wrote in Notepad because the character limits are too small then its a fucking design flaw. Pic related is someone doing a work around of a glaring design flaw.
Again, people don't use twitter to use their words to justify things.

Imagine if in response to Bernie Sanders saying "Donald Trump is bad" someone of rivaling audience were capable of systematically breaking down how that isn't a valid argument. It would collapse twitter.

So instead the dissenter has to post his counterargument via an image of a paragraph, and everyone considers it cringe. Twitter is then saved, since the level of discourse never exceeds the out of context assertion by the most popular person.
>Another case of a design flaw. This fucking moron has to delete the entire thread because he is unable to spell his name correctly. The ability to edit tweets would solve this issue.
Editing tweets just makes it easier to limp dick your legacy. I don't know what else to say.

At least a removed character limit would increase the level of discourse and minimize social posturing. But no normal person would want that, and it would kill twitter or at least make it inconvenient for its audience. Edits would just make everyone flaccid penis.

A bunch of fuckin nerds in in the bay area were shilling the fuck out of it to each other in the beginning, just like with the iPhone.
So naturally it spread to celebrities right next door in Hollywood. And once the celebrities were on board, normies ate it up because normies fucking love listening to celebrities.

this

most people aren't interesting enough to write long form blogs. it subsumed a lot of use cases that long form blogs didn't handle as well. Also, it's easier to use pubsub than the alternatives for casual users.

No one's going to have in-depth convos with you on twitter buddy, keep dreaming though, it's good cope.

It was also a system that could be used on feature phones before smartphones were ubiquitous. You could use twitter 100% though sms.

Remember how it was used to bring peace and prosperity to Africa and the Middle East in 2011?

E-celebs
ADHD (short messages are better, eh)
Accessibility - you can view most of this shit without a login, something which was increasingly not possible with other meme social networks.

That said, Mastodon/Pleroma and other (smaller but also federated) toys are gaining traction. ~5m users, growing.

The power of being to shitpost unmoderated full size anime waifus, lolis, nazi maymays and anything else with many accounts, eh.

>Accessibility - you can view most of this shit without a login, something which was increasingly not possible with other meme social networks.
Even though twitter disallows loli/shota, this is great, honestly.

i will never understand the mind of a normie
reading content is not good enough, you also have to like and retweet the content
also, the concept of keywords did not exist until twitter created hashtags

this entire thread is made up of brainlets

watch this:

Because Twitter invented hashtag communities.

Agreed this is an actual advantage over other social annoyance networks.

Still - no censorship and better media capabilities on Pleroma and the other federated stuff ( fediverse.network ). And it seems these actually have a chance of partly replacing Twitter. No they won't get everyone, but you'll possibly prefer to grab full size images and batch post them, right?

>also, the concept of keywords did not exist until twitter created hashtags
This is what I think everyone sleeps on the most. I think the most obvious next big thing is a social network revolving around keywords, like a booru, but revolving around dictionary definitions instead of tagging.

Like for now, on instagram some broad can be braless, fine. And everyone in the comments is being """subtle""" about it, cool. But I feel some people would be receptive to a social media where when you post something, the comments are about articulating the value in a meaningful way, for sorting and exploring other such like it.

Obviously some people prefer the """"subtlety"""" of just being braless on insta and no one says it out loud. But this could exist since it doesn't yet. For the time being few artists post directly to boorus, and the dictionary/ tagging philosophy isn't as exhaustive as it would need to be to articulate absolutely all value in any image.

People would LIKE to be able to call up *all* "naked tits" + "~30 years old" and then download or view it all in bulk.

But this is precisely not what the social networks want. They want to deliver a few shitty images to keep your interest, then redirect you to sponsored content and maybe make you surf around as much as possible to botnet extract marketing data.

dude you just completely undermined what i was trying to communicate but fine

I wasn't trying to say that my end goal was being able to search "big ol tiddies" and hit a download button

(cont'd)
BTW funding a centralized server repository that actually gives you GOOD results is probably already too much of a challenge - bandwidth cost vs income without botnet tactics is just too bad.

But even if you could do that, they'd almost certainly take it down with copyright anyhow. Because various copyrighted content will be TOO easy to find.

What then?

You said something like booru with keywords, and braless, and that you can actually find all content precisely - right?

They banned my 10 years account because I insulted some "0" follower political bot account...

Bingo

Twitter is the only good social media platform, and Jow Forums only hates it because it is going to dethrone them from their status as the prime meme factory of the internet, and that scares them.
Face it, Jow Forums. You're scared of becoming a relic of the past.

We haven't been a meme factory for years. Only countless pepe and wojak edits.

Normies