How fucked are we

How fucked are we

Attached: verycoolverylegal.png (789x1104, 609K)

iPhones don't have this problem

>How fucked are we
this fucked
nytimes.com/interactive/2019/04/13/us/google-location-tracking-police.html

If you're innocent why are you worried about them having your data? It says it right in the headline.

gee I dunno have you consider not commiting a crime?

because crime is good as hell, nerd.

this pulls your data if you're in the vicinity of someone else committing a crime.

privacy is a right

Sounds like a useful tool to help law enforcement. About time they started using tech we've had for over a decade now.

GDPR doesn't have this problem

EU is a strange place. Asinine internet copyright restrictions, but actually having digital consumer protections.

Librem 5 doesn't have this problem.

Right! Is your fault if you where too close to the crime scene.

>fault
Why did you choose that word if they're innocent? There's only fault if you committed the crime obviously.

it also doesn't exist

They've been doing something very similar for years all over just now they have much more accurate data on where your phone is.

>that inflammatory pic designed to take your mind off of the constitutional violation (that spits on YOUR rights) discussed in the headline and focus on people you hate
I'd be more upset at how dishonest and manipulative the media is if the average person wasn't so incredibly adamant about making sure that they are as open and welcoming to said manipulation as possible, provided they can excuse it with "look how bad the other side is."
I'll see you all in the coming Civil War 2: Electric Bugaloo, followed shortly thereafter by Hell.

I'm cynical with you
because I want to make it clear that it is not a good idea to choose security over freedom ..

If we assume
You would stand at a bus stop 20 meters from the scene of the incident.
It allows the enforcement authorities to issue an arrest warrant against you for questioning you..

And I personally believe it will be used for more things against civilians than for them.

The fact that today you need a device wherever you go is absurd

>Asinine internet copyright restrictions
ask me how i know you're a retarded amerimutt perpetuating non-sense he saw on his facebook feed

>"""a protester"""
probably antifa scum who deserved it

Wait Watch_Dogs wasn't just a meme?

Art imitates life.

LineageOS doesn't have this problem either
lmaoing@googletards

Turn off location history.

What iPhone should I buy to escape google bros
Also what VPN isnt a shit
Pls help

Apple : doesn't release info for a known shooter. His privacy was protected.
Google : releases everyone's info, even if they aren't suspects. Nobody's privacy is safe

Whelp, time to stop using Google products

lol you think that will stop it? That just hides the info from the end user. They still collect it

botnet

>Apple protects violent criminals and here's why that's a good thing

Give up freedom for security you deserve neither.

How about something original and meaningful instead of antiquated nonsense from another era.

here's something you thought was antiquated too, a bullet through your head, you bootlicking authoritarian fuck

Your angst really isn't going to convince anyone of anything other than your irrationality. What were you even trying to accomplish other than venting your frustration to some faceless void. Unironic yikes.

>irrationality
sure buddy, I mean if being in the default state of utter powerlessness is "rational" maybe you should consider being rational all by yourself instead of dragging everyone else into your lifelong psychotic episode.

I legitimately don't even know where your head is right now or how what you said even relates to what was said. Either way, I'm going to bed.

Hopefully forever

You cannot expect to bitch about your data when you gave it to Google, it's not yours anymore.

You're entitled to privacy only when you aren't suspected of committing a crime. Once you are, warrants are issued and your right to privacy becomes vastly diminished. The only news here is your local jakes are finally catching up with the big three letters.

I got something original. I’m making a homemade Stingray device. Fuck it, my authorities are doing it, I just wanna join in the fun.

Actually, it is still yours. Your crying doesn't change that.

Harmony OS doesn't have this problem.

Anyone in this thread complaining is ANTIFA scum.

>the police can do whatever they want the second they say you might be a criminal
Tell me how you think warrants are supposed to be issued, and why "they might have been near the crime" is legally enough for one. Go on, I could use a laugh.

>NSA and Israel put backdoors into everything
>somehow google giving out data is what concerns you the most

Being in the general vicinity of a crime does not automatically make you a suspect, nor does it mean a warrant will be issued against you.

>we
I ain't got gapps installed on my phone, so I don't know what this "we" shit is. I hear there's lots of collectivists over on why don't you try posting there instead?

Attached: op.jpg (1024x1024, 54K)

based

>get too close to a crime scene
>criminal didn't have phone
>the state decides to do an early morning raid on your property because they think you're armed and dangerous
>they shoot your dog, flashbang your baby, and make you do twister at gunpoint
n-nothing to hide
it was all just an innocent mistake

This is why I switched to Huawei. Much safer.

Sometimes I think we're living in hell but we just don't know it.

Attached: 1564444780911.jpg (1079x1151, 464K)

*uses the universal backdoor in ur binary blobs and baseband*
Nothing personnel

Yes, Apple respects your privacy, trust us goy!

Attached: prism-slide-4.png (700x525, 319K)

Most laws are tyrannical. They are meant to impose the will of the elites on the powerless plebs. Laws are not there to protect you.

They do, Apple will comply just like Google. You're extremely naive if you think they will not.

Go live in China if you want to give up all freedom in the name of "security"

DID I FUCKING TELL YOU KIDS ABOUT SMARTPHONES
HOW MANY TIMES DID I POST IN YOUR FUCKING SMARTPHONE CIRCLEJERK THREADS HOW HORRIBLE THEY ARE
HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES
WILL YOU LISTEN NOW, KIDS?
WILL YOU FINALLY FUCKING LISTEN?

Only if you have location services turned on.

t. someone who's activity isn't yet outlawed

They don't need my data because I'm innocent. If I weren't innocent, they would have proof, but they don't. Law.enforcement embezzles millions every year, if they're just going to steal personal data, they don't need that money, they can work from home for $5/h 4h/d

SMARTPHONES TRIANGULATE YOUR LOCATION FROM CELL TOWERS AT ALL TIMES
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE FUCKING SHIT ENABLED FOR THEM TO TRACK YOU
THROW THEM AWAY

If that was so effective, why serve google with a reverse location warrant?

Because most people are dumb enough to have direct tracking on and you don't have to go searching for the carrier someone used, just go to Google directly.

>Going for a "maybe," over a, "definitely," even though both are just as good.
K.

>WD
>A meme
Had you actually played it you would have noticed lots of the shit in there is based on true things. 2 is also a good game so I recommend it.

In that case people can sue

>literally being a passerby close to a crime scene instantly makes you a suspect that needs to be investigated
lol so this is what americans mean by "freedom"

they can already do this based on tower connection anyway I thought?

degoogled lineageos doesnt have this problem
nope

Really? What's your FOSS alternative to google maps and adobe reader? Lineage has other problems, like my phone has no rom with it.

>The four protesters refused to cooperate with police, and authorities were unable to identify them.
Unconstitutional overreach for the sake of trying to prosecute a crime on the behalf of people who refused to even given their names to the police. I sure am glad I get to live on this shithole planet when the rules are made up and the points don't matter.

yeah, but typically they at least leave you alone if you comply with the laws.
this one will be used to harass a shitton of people who didn't do anything.

Because Europe doesn't have a shadow government so there's no coherent plan to it. It's just retards doing whatever they think will get them reelected.
For example, my vet isn't allowed to call us in from the waiting room via my cat's name anymore, because data protection. She instead has to call in the "black cat".
Completely fucking retarded, whoever is responsible for that shit doesn't understand the purpose of names.

knowing my fucking surroundings and a physical fucking map and any other PDF reader (there's literally tens of them).
just don't log in to your Goygle account and you're already better off than 99% of everyone on this planet.

do something about it
don't talk on the internet about that you hate it, do something about it

no, telling someone to vote for your party isn't doing something about it
leave the house, and do something about it
slacktivists aren't needed

It's like google doesn't like money.

Attached: pantsu on head retarded.png (954x1022, 500K)

You only know the surroundings of common paths. Or are you saying you have terabytes worth of maps in your brain?
>any other
All PDF readers on fdroid are trash, either crap find rendering or not even half the features.

Nobody is innocent.
Everybody has done something illegal at least once in their life even if by accident.

Attached: 1548232734826.png (245x212, 58K)

This isn't 1600.
Laws are built by a runaway train that treats all of humanity as it's slaves.

Attached: Keanu_Skydiving.jpg (450x676, 62K)

You'll find that this stresses officers more than criminals because they're not meant to have such connections.
Maybe this is their wake up call.

Attached: 960.jpg (680x827, 85K)

Prove it.

>do something about it
Like what exactly?

I've read more law than you even know about.
It's impossible to not contravene the legal system and function as a normal human being. It's so convoluted that it's become ineffective at doing what it is meant to do.

Not an argument. Prove user and I have broken the law and which law it was. Otherwise, I'm mother Theresa

lmao at the concept of harmony os being more secure than android thanks to this shit

You are probably breaking the law right now by using this site given how precedent can manifest.

Attached: 1506031421090.png (473x571, 273K)

Sure THAT'S an EU law? I still get called in by name at my GP.

Google Pixel 3a running the Android Open Source Project doesn't have this problem.

I just believed my vet when she said it's EU rather than national law. Might be wrong but it really sounds like something the EU would do.
On the other hand, it's up to the individual countries if they comply or not anyway. What's the EU going to do, write you a strongly worded letter? They can't kick anyone out.

Oh big daddy fascist, Thank you for keeping me safe, let me slurp up your dick like a baby bottle to feed me with your big warm cummies. I feel so safe when you violate me big domineering daddy. Keeping everyone else beat down and keeping me secure in your arms. Don't ever hurt me daddy.

>They can't kick anyone out.
this is the last thing they would want to do anyway

yeah, the ambiguity was intentional. they can't do it legally, but even if they could they still couldn't kick anyone out because it would start the dissolution of the EU.

Let them do their job. We have been hunting down antifafags using similar method. Currently my score is 7.

OHHHH SAAAY CAN YOUUUU SHAAAART
IIIN THE LOOCAL WALL-MAAAART

Attached: american schools.jpg (528x660, 78K)